46

Harry Styles

"Fuck! Be careful, Cleo." I told her, furrowing my eyebrows when she pressed her fingers a bit too hard over the recently stitched wound on my lower abdomen.

She was changing my bloody bandages for the second time since we got back to my place, and this gunshot wound was much deeper than the others. I was lucky because it didn't hit any organs apparently, but it was dangerous. It took her longer to take the bullet out and I nearly passed out because of the pain.

A whole bottle of whiskey and a half had been drunk during that process, all while miss Cleodora was calling me out and scolding me like she was my mother. It'd been eight hours since we returned now, and neither of us had slept at all.

I wasn't drunk but the alcohol was making me a bit dizzy because of the adrenaline that was still coursing through my veins. The pain also contributed to my agitated state, I couldn't help but replay the recent events over and over while she took care of my wound.

"You have a pain kink, don't you? Why should I worry?" Cleo raised one eyebrow, clearly still pissed at me as she finished rolling the gauze around my waistline, making sure it was tightly bandaged.

I was standing up in front of her while she was sitting on the couch, the way she'd been pouting her lips was awfully distracting. I watched as she covered the ferns tattooed on my hips in the process, finishing what she was doing before she looked up at me with a very displeased expression.

Her pretty face was still covered in dry blood and I was sure she had forgotten about it, she'd only washed her hands so she could help me with the wound.

It was all worth it though... Zayn was safe.

He was currently asleep in the guest room where Cleo was sleeping because we couldn't manage to carry him to my room upstairs since I was quite incapacitated.

I thanked the adrenaline, after we found Zayn inside that dark room, all I could think about was getting him out and leaving. He was alone in the dark... fuck, the scariest chill went down my spine just thinking about it.

He was really hurt, his head had an ugly wound on the back and many bruises and cuts as well, I had no idea how he was conscious when we found him. It didn't last long, he passed out as soon as we untied him and Cleo went to get the car as I carried him out, not giving a fuck that I had been shot.

He needed some painkillers and we had to take care of him, Cleo cleaned his wounds and stitched him up as well, but he had a broken arm that I had to force back in its place before it could heal in the wrong way, and the way he screamed in pain as soon as I did it made me want to punch myself.

It had to be done... and now he had to rest. Cleo helped me remove his bloody clothes and I cleaned him up as much as I could, covering him with the duvet before I turned on the lamp and left him alone in the room.

There was no fucking way I'd leave him in the dark.

I just hoped he wouldn't get an infection or something worse, we couldn't manage to take him to a hospital, or call one of the doctors that were usually available to help my father or his men when he needed it.

It was dangerous to have anyone else coming into my house, I was kinda hiding Cleo with me and we had literally just killed five of Louis' men. Not that I gave a single fuck about them, I just needed to get Zayn and now I did... so I could finally focus on making the person responsible pay.

"You need to rest. And I mean actual rest, for at least five days without forcing that." Cleo snapped, standing up from the couch and running her fingers through her hair.