68

Harry Styles

In the original book, this was chapter 69. Just so u know ;)

***

I knew Cleo wasn't asleep, but we were both pretending to be for the past hour and it was quite entertaining.

Neither of us was moving or giving any signs that we were awake, but her breathing wasn't the same as when she was asleep, and I could tell she was restless, probably waiting for me to say something.

It was around midnight and we had just eaten a whole pizza and then I cleaned up while she showered. And now we were in my bedroom, just silently laying down with our eyes closed as the faint glow from the lamps that illuminated the room.

Her head was on my bare chest and I was sure she could hear my heart racing, it'd been beating so fast ever since she told me she loved me.

It seemed like we were in our own bubble, her fingers were softly grazing along the waistband of my briefs and goosebumps erupted all over my body with her gentle touch that was one of the reasons I knew she wasn't asleep.

She was touching me carefully, almost as if she wanted to make sure I was really there but without being too obvious that she couldn't keep her hands off me.

I didn't mind, I liked it when she was obvious and touched me shamelessly, but this softness coming from her Her head was on my bare chest and I was sure she could hear my heart racing, it'd been beating so fast ever since she told me she loved me.

It seemed like we were in our own bubble, her fingers were softly grazing along the waistband of my briefs and goosebumps erupted all over my body with her gentle touch that was one of the reasons I knew she wasn't asleep.

She was touching me carefully, almost as if she wanted to make sure I was really there but without being too obvious that she couldn't keep her hands off me.

I didn't mind, I liked it when she was obvious and touched me shamelessly, but this softness coming from her was really fucking meaningful to me. It made me feel wanted and loved.

The moment she asked me to tell her what I had said back in the car, it only confirmed that she had no recollection of last night whatsoever, and that was okay. But 1 definitely didn't expect her to ask me so bluntly.

Maybe it was the way I kissed her... I tried to hold myself back before I could overwhelm her with the intensity, but it felt like I hadn't kissed her in ages. We both needed it and I just allowed myself to let every single emotion out through the kiss, so that was probably the reason she asked me.

But that meant she easily felt it... and even though I'd heard her saying that she was in love with me last night, hearing it again today was even better. Actually, I was starting to think that every new time she said it, it was going to be my favorite.

Cleo's honesty about her feelings only showed how much she had grown, I hoped she noticed it. She used to be so scared of herself and what she truly wanted, that had to be very frustrating.

I couldn't relate much because I always tried to be as forward as 1 could with what I desired, but I knew I had to be careful with her.

We had to remind ourselves that every person was different and we had different reactions, and one person's behavior didn't invalidate the way you opted to handle something. I never wanted her to say it just because she said it, and I wouldn't mind if she didn't feel the same.

But I knew she felt the same and she actually confirmed twice... I was so scared of scaring her, just because I felt comfortable with my emotions it didn't mean she had to feel the same.