67

Cleo Horan

I woke up with the bright sunlight on my face and my eyes were burning before I even dared to open them.

God, what the fuck had happened?

I turned on the bed and blinked slowly, looking around the room and realizing I was actually in the guest bedroom... alone.

It was a beautiful day outside and the curtains were open so I could see the blue sky and the sun, but I was so fucking lost.

My muscles felt a bit tense, but other than that I was okay... I just knew I had slept for over twelve hours, it felt like I had been crushed against the mattress and then brought back to life, after all, I had plenty of sleep to catch up on so maybe this was why I felt slightly refreshed.

Maybe my body simply collapsed after not being able to take it anymore... or the stress just overwhelmed me?

The last thing I remembered was talking to Louis after he told us he believed that we killed his dad because he knew the truth about Desmond and my mother working together. And fuck, this was such a mess.

It seemed like everyone knew but Harry, me, my brother, and Zayn. The people closest to Desmond and Catherine and just the pawns they needed to fake a truce. I knew it wasn't everyone who knew that they were working together, but this was very dangerous.

We needed to talk to Amber about this and maybe it could be useful somehow. I just didn't want to suffer even more because of my parents' cruel decisions, it wasn't fair. Nothing about this sounded fair, I was so fucking done being used.

I didn't regret kidnapping Louis, we needed to finally realize what was going on, we were always a step behind and fooling ourselves into thinking we actually knew anything. Louis was just one of the people who knew the truth, and I just knew this was going to turn into a war.

Mark and the other names from the list could be those who were threatening my mother and Desmond's business the most, but I still didn't think this theory made sense. Most of the names weren't even from New York and Gael had no idea when we tortured him, so Mark could've started to spread the truth around because of some inner conflict with my mother.

He was owing a lot of płaces and maybe he got into an argument with my mom about money or a certain transaction, and then he decided to do this out of spite?

Louis didn't seem to know his dad used to be one of the customers, so this made sense.

And the list still had to be connected to one of the children.

But maybe something else happened after I blacked out and Harry discovered new things? At least we could cross Louis' name out because we were right about his involvement, we just had to be careful before random people started trying to kill us.

My brain was a blurry mess after that information we learned, I tried to think about what happened after but it was pointless. It was just a gap in my memories.

I could remember seeing blood and water, but that was pretty much all.

I also remembered it perfectly when we kidnapped him and also helped Harry tie him up, running into a very pissed off Zayn when we got back...And also the moments we spent in Harry's car before we got Louis, including the way he froze completely because of his fear of the dark and then refused to talk about it.

I was trying to recreate my night in order to rearrange my memories and thoughts, and that's when I remembered something Harry almost told me.

Was that real or did I dream of it?