20

Cleo Horan

"Where's the first aid kit?"

Harry's voice started me as soon as he walked out of the small ensuite bathroom inside our hotel room, and I nearly dropped my phone on the floor.

I was standing up, with my back leaning against the small desk in the room. And trust me, when we asked for two beds this was the last thing I fucking expected.

Turns out they were practically glued to each other, making it look like a huge bed. There was no way to separate them because the room was very small, it was all we could get on such short notice and also hurry. And also in the middle of the night.

It was around three a.m. and we were in a town an hour away from where all hell broke loose, and this would have to do for now because we both needed to rest our minds so we could think clearly and focus on what we were going to do.

Yeah, 'we'. I couldn't believe I was fucking working with Harry Styles, my brain was still a mess and it seemed very surreal to me. I was very much tense and nervous, I knew I needed some sleep but I was restless. I'd been checking my phone while Harry was in the shower and there were only a few texts from Niall asking how I was and that was pretty much it.

No one knew what was happening besides Harry and me, and the fact someone was trying to kill us was almost funny because we had both been trying to kill each other, and now we were actually teaming up to solve this shit.

I didn't know how this was going to work, but it wasn't smart to part ways and pretend nothing happened. Someone was following us, taking pictures, watching our steps carefully... we were safe here, but only for now. Maybe we could stay here for the next couple of days until we recovered, we had a lot to talk and think about. Plus, Harry needed to rest because of his wounds, they didn't look pretty at all.

And I could see it now, the bullet was still inside his shoulder as he walked closer to the desk, and the fact he only had a white towel around his hips was making me feel even more nervous, and I had no idea why.

I was very surprised when I saw him getting changed, I had no idea he had that many tattoos, and I couldn't help but stare.

The one that caught my attention at first was the huge butterfly on his stomach, and also the ferns inked on his hips bones... which were exposed right now because the towel was hanging way too low. I could see the sparse trail of hairs under his navel, disappearing under the towel.

His tattooed arm also wasn't what I expected, the designs weren't the kind you saw on people like Harry... they were delicate or simply unexpected, and I also noticed he had quite a few religious tattoos. I assumed it was just the cross near his thumb, but there was also a bible on his arm, next to a 'you booze you lose' around a bottle. The irony nearly made me roll my eyes.

Another one that caught my attention was the tiger on his toned thigh, but I couldn't see it now because of the towel.

There were a few droplets of water over his slightly defined abdomen, and I only realized I had been staring when he cleared his throat.

Fuck.

My eyes met his and he smiled, his dimples inventing on his cheeks in the process. His wet hair was tied in a messy bun and he looked good, it showed more of his face... it was a very pretty face, I hated that I was noticing more details about him now. Such as the way his lips looked a bit red, especially his bottom lip. I could still see the small cut from where I'd bitten him and a chill went down my spine, making me shiver.

"Once you're done gawking, tell me where the first aid kit is." He said, taking another step closer until I had to tilt my head back to face him.

God, he was tall.