57

Zayn Malik

"I'm just gonna accept this is all a fever dream and that I'm still kidnapped, locked in that dark room, and waiting to wake up." I took a very deep breath as both Harry and Cleo were staring at me.

I knew this was very much real but maybe if I tried hard enough it could turn into an illusion. It would hurt less.

Well, the physical pain was now bearable and I was doing the usual things without any help and I stopped taking the painkillers. My arm was still a bit sore but other than that I was okay...

Not okay, I mean, I still didn't remember shit. My head still hurt at random times and I had to deal with this huge void inside my mind... memories that could be so fucking useful if I had them because I could've seen or heard something, but now we'd never know.

We would probably get arrested before I even tried to remember because I just found out my dear ex girlfriend was a fucking fed.

June, or should we say Amber, was a goddamn FBI agent... and I really hated cops. But I hated her more.

Cleo and Harry had spent the past two hours telling me everything that happened while they were out, and I regretted staying behind even if it was the safest and smartest option for my health.

Truth was, I was pissed at Harry because he wanted to torture Amber and I was pissed at Cleo for even considering she could be behind the list... for even thinking she could've been lying about anything at all.

I knew Cleo was her friend, she was probably the only one who could understand a small percentage of what I was feeling at the moment.

Anger was one word to describe it. Maybe betrayal and hurt. Heartbreak. Frustration.

All of those at once.

Amber was actually the first girlfriend I had, my previous relationships had consisted of fuck buddies and that was all, and I loved her. I really fell in love with her and I was considering quitting my job and moving to a different state with her if it meant we could be together without putting her life in danger with this whole family drama.

But now I discovered she was a fucking liar and there was no family drama. It was all a fucking act.

Everything was a lie.

My mind was still trying to process the fact the last months of my life had been in vain because I wasted them on a relationship that wasn't real. I loved someone who purposely targeted me only to get close to Harry's family. I was just a fucking useless pawn.

And that wasn't the biggest problem because Cleo and Harry had taken a fucking immunity deal and they were going to work with Amber. That meant she was going to be around and I really wanted to see her... I wanted to say so much to her fucking face.

I wish I could hate her enough to want her dead, but I was pathetic to still love her. There was no way you could simply turn those feelings off but I was working on it.

My brain was fucked, let's put it like that. But I honestly couldn't begin to understand how Cleo and Harry were feeling at the moment. I had read the new crime board written on his window over a hundred times now and I was completely shocked... but it actually made sense. We would just never think of such a possibility because we were induced to think a certain way. Brains were easy to trick, but nothing is ever what it seems.

People can never be trusted and there were always two sides to a story.

And now we were hearing that other side after a whole life of lies.

It was actually ironic because the same way Harry and Cleo had teamed up to be the most unexpected and yet powerful duo, their parents working together was so unlikely that it was smart.