78

Cleo Horan

Harry's house was bigger than I anticipated, I realized I had never fully explored it ... until this morning.

I was a bit hungover and I woke up a little too late, he had already left for a few work meetings and I knew he'd be busy this afternoon because he would go to his father's house to snoop around his office. We had talked about this last night and I was so done, we had to do something before it was too late.

I didn't mind staying alone... but my mind wasn't in a good place today.

My dreams last night included memories of my father and my mother when I was younger, which were enough to trigger that crawling underneath my skin as I recalled how naive and stupid I used to be, thinking everything was perfect.

And I had the strangest dream about Niall, when we were both young and I was taking care of him like I usually did, when we stayed with our grandparents in Ireland. It'd been so fucking long since we visited ... or since Niall and I actually spent more than half an hour together.

It only made me think about dinner yesterday and I was back to overthinking everything that had happened and how affected both my brother and I were by this. Harry was right, this had to be some kind of test so my mother and his dad could be sure we were onto them... that's why Desmond hadn't said anything yet.

My mom was smart though ... she nearly had me fooled and Niall almost lost his temper and spoke more than he should. I had never seen him so shaken up when I drove him back to his place, but the only thing he could do to keep himself safe was to lay low. I didn't want to tell him about the FBI because I didn't trust Amber that much, and I had no idea how much worse it could get if he knew more.

I just wanted him to be safe, he wasn't used to all this.

Fuck, I wished I could stop my thoughts for a while. Last night I was pretty successful at it, especially when Harry and I ended up getting drunk. It was just what I needed, plus the otherworldly sex that followed. It was the most intense orgasm I had, that was for sure.

There was something different about last night, Harry was so fucking gentle and careful... each time he thrust into me felt heavenly, it was different from anything I'd experienced before. I wondered if it was the same for him.

My memories were still a bit hazy and I only remembered the sex and also something about calling him a unicorn? I was wasted, I was surprised I didn't embarrass myself this time. Maybe I did and just didn't remember it...

I was currently in Harry's bedroom so I could get dressed, I had drunk some coffee and explored the unknown rooms of this house, finding a library, the gym, and also empty rooms on the second floor.

It was a really big house and I wanted to ask Harry about the empty rooms and also why he had so many books yet I'd never seen him reading before.

But that would have to wait, I had a terrible feeling in my gut, I just knew Harry would discover something useful in his father's office and we'd be back to the crime board on his window... or worse, we'd take matters into our own hands.

I reached out my hand to open the drawer, grabbing my jeans, and deciding to wear one of Harry's hoodies today. I opened his other drawers to explore a bit, finding his jewelry from him on the top drawer.

He had so many rings I had never seen him wear before, and others I had. I loved the rose one and there were also some with different rocks in different colors, and even a few earrings I had never seen him wear before at all, I didn't even know his ears were pierced.

But I noticed there was women's jewelry amidst his, I knew that because some of the rings were too small for his fingers, and I realized he had a small corner in the drawer with these delicate pieces... and a pearl necklace.