Chapter Three

You held back a scoff. Usually, high paying clients usually meant Yakuza members, villains that had just hit off on a bank robbery, or pro heroes that had money to blow. You had hoped for a simple night which consisted of sitting on a man's lap for a few hours and then taking his money. You had been in this for 5 years, so you always had clients lined up. "And my outfit? I didn't exactly plan for anything fancy."

Your boss turned to you, the look on his face making it clear that he didn't care for your attitude at the moment. He wasn't a cruel man by any means, but when it concerned an important client, he became a bit sterner. He pointed you to the door that led further into the building, "I had the girls set one out in the back room. Your hair and makeup are fine."

You nodded and looked at your boss. He had given you the job when he found you living on the streets 5 years ago. At first, he only had you cleaning up after the other girls, but then you recognized your potential when someone asked your boss if you were an option. It took a bit of convincing, but after a while, you started working with the rest of this girls. "I'll go get ready. I won't let you down."

You went into the backroom, a small dressing room space that had two vanities with lights bordering the frames. On the metal rack, you found a green spaghetti strap velvet dress with some black heels. The heels were short, about 4 inches, making them slightly more comfortable. After making the final touches, you headed back to her boss, "I'm ready."

He turned to you, nodding at your outfit before looking at his watch, "Just in time. He should be coming in shortly." A few minutes later, a man stepped through the door. He wore a black face mask with some dress pants, a button up shirt with a tie, gloves, and a cardigan. He was a brunette and had piercing gold eyes. He approached your boss, his face radiating complete seriousness, "You're sure she's absolutely germ free and clean?"

Your boss nodded, gesturing to you with a smile, "Yes, 100%." The man turned to you before gesturing to the door, "Let's go." He led you to a sleek, black car and he started driving to the destination in silence. He introduced himself to you simply as 'Kai' and you left it at that. After a while, the two ended up at a warehouse. You kept calm as you went inside, hoping this wasn't some trafficking house. Inside, you spotted a long, worn down table. It was at the head of the table that you saw him.

Shigaraki.

Smoke filled the air in the warehouse and wafted through the room. The rest of the league watched the table from the shadows, ready to intervene if necessary. Toga, Twice, Mr. Compress and Spinner watched from their stools, while Dabi lazily lounged on a decaying sofa. Various girls hung around Twice and Dabi, but the two completely ignored them. Overhaul took his seat at the other end of the table, bringing you to stand next to him. As he does so, Shigaraki and Dabi immediately recognize you, their gazes turning suspicious.

One of the girls hanging around Dabi goes to Shigaraki, draping herself over him. He tenses up, his face showing obvious discomfort. You bit back a surprised yelp as Overhaul pulled you into his lap. The league gave Overhaul a questionable glare before starting. The meeting proceeds as expected and ends a few hours later without much of a problem. Overhaul took you back to your workplace, stopping the car right in front of the building. He put a large wad of bills in your hands before unlocking the car door, "Keep it all."

You nodded and stepped out of the car, turning to him one more time, "I'll see you around, Kai." With that, you headed inside to see your boss, putting the money on the desk as you counted it. Once you were sure of the amount, you changed back into your original clothes. You headed back to the desk, handing your boss his portion of the money, "Here. Tonight was $900, so I've got your $100." He nodded, "You did well tonight. You can go home for the night." You nodded and started your walk back to the league. You arrived at the league just after midnight and it seemed like only Kurogiri was awake. You went to your room and changed into some night clothes before hearing a knock on the door. You answered it, not expecting anyone to be up this late.

Dabi stood on the other side, dressed for bed in a pair of sweatpants and a tank top. You sighed, "Oh, it's just you." Dabi only smirked, leaning against the doorway, "You aren't happy to see me, princess?" You crossed your arms, "What do you want?" Dabi moved from the doorway, standing straight, "I came to ask you something. Mind letting me in?" You huffed before letting him in and closing the door, "What?" He looked at you, his eyes still holding the suspicious look from earlier, "What were you doing with that germaphobe? Is your job with him, or what?"

You shrugged him off, "Like I said, I had to work tonight. And anyways, I don't even know him. He's just another client." Dabi tilted his head, "Client? Are you a-!" You quickly cut him off, slightly offended that he would even think that, "No. And even if I was, I wouldn't tell you. I barely know you." Dabi sat on the edge of your bed, a slight smirk tugging at his lips.

"Then why don't we get to know each other?