Chapter Forty-Eight

The next day, you headed down to the bridal shop with Toga to meet up with Midnight and Eri. The boys went with Aizawa to go tux shopping. Dabi seemed a bit off but you ignored it. Kazue and Touya went with their father to get their own little outfits. You walked into the store, Midnight pulling you along. "Let's go find you your dream dress!" Toga giggled. "And find the perfect bridesmaid dresses!" You smiled. "Alright. Let's do this!" You and the girls headed inside and greeted the workers as they began their search. Midnight pointed out a few revealing dresses just to tease you and you only shook your head. A few minutes later, Toga skipped over with a dress in her arms. "What do you think about this?" Midnight awed. "Wow, that's beautiful..." You felt some of the material. "It is..." Toga pushed the dress into your arms. "Go try it on!" You went to try on the dress while the others sat in the small viewing area. A few minutes later, you stepped out and waited for their opinions. "Well?" Midnight spoke first. "(Y/n)..." Toga interrupted her. "It's..." Eri smiled. "I think she looks pretty!" Rei nodded. "You're right. She looks absolutely stunning!" Toga agreed. "Yeah!" You turned towards the mirror, smiling. "I...I really think this is the one."

Toga cheered. "Woo! One dress down!" You turned to them. "Let me get changed and we'll search for your dresses." After you changed back into your regular clothes, you headed to the bridesmaid section with the rest of the girls. They begin the search for their own dresses.

...

Aizawa waited outside for the rest of the boys as they tried on different tuxes. "Alright, Dabi, let's see what you've decided on." Dabi grumbled as he stepped out of the dressing room in a suit. They all looked pleasantly surprised. Aizawa nodded in approval. "Good choice." Shigaraki stepped out in his own suit. "You clean up well for someone being put back together like Frankenstein." Dabi glared at him. "Oh, shut it. You're wearing a suit too. And you're pulling that hair back too." Aizawa guided the rest of them in picking out their suits before turning to Dabi. He put a hand on his shoulder. Dabi turned his attention from the twins to him. "What's going on? Why are you mad?" Dabi scoffed. "Don't you already know?" Aizawa rose a brow. "What? That she went to visit your father and didn't tell you? It's not like you were going to see him. She went to make sure he cut all ties." Dabi growled. "I'm never going to see him. It just irks me that she went when she knows I don't like him." Aizawa sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I'm only going to say this once, so listen closely. (Y/n) is a smart woman. She'll only go against you when you refuse to handle the situation. So man up. I don't want my daughter to have a coward for a husband."

Dabi looked at him. "You know what, I will handle it. After we finish here, I'm going to settle everything." Aizawa nodded. "Good. Now, we have to find outfits for my grandsons. Let's go."

...

Toga called out to you from the dressing rooms. "(Y/n), what do you think of these?" Toga, Midnight, and Rei stepped out in their dresses. You looked around for Eri. "Where's Eri?" Eri's voice came from the dressing room. "I'm coming!" Eri hurried out of the changing room and stood next to Toga. You looked at them. "You all look beautiful. You never miss a chance for a low neckline, do you auntie?" Midnight posed. "What can I say? I love a good neckline!" Toga smiled nervously. "This is the first time Shoto's going to see me in a dress..." You put a hand on her shoulder. "You'll be fine. He's so in love with you, it's crazy." Eri commented. "Toga is pretty..." You patted her head. "You're right. Toga is very pretty." Rei looked up from her phone. "Alright, Aizawa just told me the boys finished up. If we're done here, we should head home." Everyone changed back into their regular clothes and bought their dresses before heading home. Once they arrived, they found the boys collapsed on the sofa. You handed Rei your dress bag. "Can you put my dress in your closet? It's bad luck for Dabi to see it." She smiled. "Of course."

You turned to the boys. You looked around for Dabi but didn't see him. You looked at Shigaraki. "Where's Dabi?" Shigaraki shrugged. "I don't know. After we all got our suits, he just left. Eraser said not to worry about it." Hawks entered the living room holding the twins. They happily cooed in his arms. He approached you. "I think they want you. They refused a bottle from me." You took the twins from his arms. "I got it. Thanks Hawks." You took the twins upstairs and fed them. After they ate, they fell asleep quickly. You put them in their cribs and laid on the bed. A few hours later, you heard the front door slam open. Multiple voices sounded from downstairs. Footsteps came up the stairs and the bedroom door opened. Dabi stood in the doorway. He looked tired and disheveled. You looked at him. "Dabi, what happened?" Dabi got onto the bed, pulling you into his chest and resting his head on your shoulder. "I went...to Tartarus." You paused. "Did you go see...him?" He nodded. "Yeah. He...He apologized to me." You sighed. "What did you say?" Dabi scoffed. "I threw his apology back in his face. I didn't want it then and I definitely don't want it now."

Dabi sighed and busied himself with kissing your neck. You sighed and just let your head limply fall to the side. The two of you simply enjoyed the silence and each other's company. Dabi murmured. "Did you find a dress?" You nodded. "Yeah. Everything is ready for the wedding now." Dabi hummed. "In a few weeks, you'll be Mrs. Todoroki and we'll be living in our new home..." The twins began to make noise after hearing their father's voice. You moved to get up, but Dabi shook his head. He got up and picked up the twins from their cribs. "You missed me, huh?" He cradled the two to his chest, holding them close. The twins fell back asleep. You watched as he looked at them. His gaze softened as he looked at them. He put them back in their cribs and laid next to you. "I hope everything goes well." You turned your gaze to his. "Don't worry. It will. We'll get married and everything will be fine." Dabi groaned. "I know. As long as we're married by the end of the day, I'll be happy." You nodded. "Good. Now, you should get some rest. You've had a long day and you definitely need it." Dabi pulled you close. "Yeah. I think we both need some rest."

The two of you got dressed for bed and slipped under the covers. Dabi held you against his chest, seeking comfort in your presence. You rested your head on his chest and closed your eyes.

'HopefullyI don't have to use my quirk for his nerves at the wedding...'