Chapter Thirty-Nine

You were now nine months along with one week left. Your stomach had grown and everyone had helped you plan more of the wedding. They have everything besides the dresses and tuxes figured out. You and Rei were sitting in the living room, reviewing things for the wedding. Apollo and Nyx were watching from the corner. Rei looked at you. "So we agreed that Apollo will walk on Eri's left side while Nyx walks on the right, correct?" You nodded. "Yes. They'll walk with her as she throws the flowers and then sit with her after she finishes." Rei picked up a few color swatches from the planner. "For colors, you've decided on light blue, lavender, and ivory. And for flowers, you decided on (favorite flowers), right?" You marked the flowers and colors off. "Yes." You winced slightly as the babies kick. Rei smiled slightly. "Touya was quite the kicker too. He was an active baby." You rested your hands on your stomach. "I can't wait for these two to arrive. I just hope Endeavor won't try to come for them..." Rei sighed. "If he does, he'll have to deal with all of us."

The base was silent. Everyone was out on a mission, leaving you and Rei alone. After a bit more planning, Rei headed into the kitchen to start on lunch. Nyx approached you and gently nudged your stomach. You pet Nyx, trying to get comfortable as the babies kept kicking. Nyx whined loudly, lifting a paw and resting it on your stomach. You looked down at Nyx. "What's wrong Nyx?" As you finished your sentence, you felt a sharp pain and liquid soak your pants. You froze in the chair as Nyx whined louder, then started barking. Rei called from the kitchen. "(Y/n), are you-" You cut her off. "My water broke! We need to go to the hospital." Rei quickly exited the kitchen. "Alright, let's go. I have your bag in the car and I'll call Touya on the way." Rei helped you to the van and she start driving to the hospital. As Rei drove, she called Dabi. You listened as the phone went to voicemail. "Rei!" She tried to reassure you. "I know, dear. I know. I'll keep calling him."

Rei kept calling Dabi, but he didn't pick up. Even as they arrived at the hospital, he still hadn't answered. The nurses wheeled you into a hospital room and helped you into a gown before getting you into the bed. One of the nurses paged Natsuo and left the room. Rei sat next to you, helping you control your breathing as she still tried to call Dabi. A few minutes later, Natsuo rushed in. "Alright, how are you feeling, (Y/n)?" You tried to catch your breath. "I'm definitely feeling the contractions, but I'm not fully dilated yet. And Dabi..." Natsuo looked at Rei. "Mom, where is Touya?" Rei looked up at him. "I just got a hold of him. He's on his way!" You sighed in relief. "Oh, good." Natsuo went back to coaching. "Ok, mom, you keep her breathing steady. Do you need a cloth for your head, (Y/n)? Water?" You winced as another contraction hit. "N-No."

...

Rooms away, a phone call took place. The same two individuals on the opposite ends of the same line. Over the phone, a man spoke "She's in labor? Did you induce her?" The man in the room sighed. "No. It seems that she just went into labor a week early. I don't know how long this may take, but it would be wise to stay on stand-by." There was shuffling on the other end of the line. "Fine. But make sure that no harm comes to either child. I need them in perfect condition." The man in the room stood. "Yes, sir."

...

Dabi arrived after 30 minutes and sat next to you. Nurses came into and out to check how many centimeters dilated you were. So far, you still had 6 centimeters to go. Dabi held your hand as he spoke to you. "Just squeeze my hand, princess. Everyone's waiting for our babies. Your old man's pacing in the waiting room." You winced as you squeezed his hand. "T-This hurts...!" The doctor came in, followed by the nurse. The nurse checked you and then nodded to the doctor. The doctor turned to you. "Alright, Ms. Aizawa, you are fully dilated and ready to push. Natsuo, put a wet rag on her head and prop her up slightly." Natsuo did as told and waited for further instructions from the doctor. The doctor moved to the end of the bed and looked up at you. "Start pushing slowly and pace yourself." Natsuo switched into Rei's seat and started coaching you with your pushes. "Deep breathes, in and out. Start out slow and then find your rhythm. Pace yourself." You continued this process for hours on end, squeezing Dabi's hand tighter and tighter as Rei wiped your forehead with the rag. Soon, they pass the 10-hour mark.

Dabi looked at the doctor. "Is everything alright?" The doctor nodded. "This time is above average, but both her and the babies are fine." Rei spoke up, trying to reassure him. "Touya...she'll be fine. Every woman is different." This process continues again for another 10 hours, but now, the doctor starts to look concerned. Natsuo signaled to you to stop pushing. You tiredly stopped, but the contractions made you involuntarily push. The doctor steps back. "It looks like we may have to wait before trying again. From the view of the babies, they are in the right position." Dabi snapped. "Then why aren't they coming out?!" You tiredly looked at him. "Dabi, calm down..." The doctor continued. "We'll have her rest for a while and then start up pushing again when she regains strength." The doctor left the room and you shook from your contractions. You all sat in silence, not knowing what to do. The hours pass and eventually, 28 more hours go by.

In those two days, Rei, Dabi, and Natsuo took turns sleeping and taking care of you. You tried to push halfway through day two, but only got the same results. It's been three days of hell for you. You lied awake as Dabi and Natsuo slept. Rei sat and watched you. Suddenly, a horrendous pain filled you and you started pushing as you felt the babies shift. Rei woke up the two boys and called the doctor into the room. "Something's happening, doctor!" The doctor rushed into the room and looked at your vital signs on the monitor. His face dropped as he paged a nurse. "Her blood pressure's dropping quickly! I need a urinary catheter in here!"

Note:This is a thing that can happen if you go into labor with a full bladder andthey don't drain it.