Chapter Twenty-Six

...

It had been three months since that night and everything was falling into place. You were now four months along and Dabi had grown even more protective of you. Today was the day you'd all been waiting for.

The grand reveal.

You were sitting in the classroom, occasionally glancing at Shoto. In your bag were the files Shigaraki wanted. It was then that the school's alarms suddenly sounded. An announcement came over the intercoms. "Attention all faculty, please keep all students in the building. Villains have been spotted. Do not attempt to interact." Aizawa turned to the class, already preparing his scarf and goggles. "All of you are to stay here. If any villains get in, your main priority is to protect (Y/n). I'll be back." Aizawa leaves the room and everyone sits tensely, not saying a word. Then, shouting and laughing echoes from outside. Flames scorch the outside of the building. You knew what they were doing. Shoto spoke. "We have to evacuate the building. They're setting it on fire." The fire alarms trigger and everyone rushes out, Shoto helping you along the way. They all get outside, seeing the faculty facing the villains. Dabi spots you and Shoto and signals Shigaraki. The villains create some distance via Kurogiri and Shigaraki speaks. "Well, looks like UA can't even protect its own students. They're all out in the open, but...We're not here for them. At least, not yet." Aizawa glared at him. "Then why are you here?" Shigaraki chuckled. "We're here for the traitors. Our family if you will."

The students looked at each other, suspicion in their eyes. Shigaraki lifts a hand, curling his index finger towards himself. "It's time to go home."

"Mm...I thought you'd never come, Shiggy."

Everyone watched in shock as you walked through the crowd of students and towards Shigaraki. Aizawa attempted to use his scarf to grab you, but a blaze of fire stopped him from even trying. Another voice cut through the murmuring. "They're right, you know? This place could never be my home." Everyone looked at Shoto in shock. Shoto ignored them, turning and signaling to Kurogiri. Kurogiri made a portal behind Shoto and Shoto reappeared next to Dabi. You reached Dabi and he wrapped his arms around you, resting his hands on your stomach. Aizawa glared, his brow furrowing. "What did you do to them?!" Shigaraki grinned. "They're doing this freely, Eraserhead. They're one of us now." Dabi kissed you and pulled away a few seconds later. "I've missed you princess. Have the kids been giving you trouble." Aizawa's gaze snapped over to Dabi, his eyes glaring and beaming red. "You sick bast*rd." Dabi smirked widely. "What? Can't handle the fact that your daughter is carrying a villain's children?" Aizawa was quick to attack Dabi, but Shoto sent out a large burst of flames as Dabi did the same, creating an even more powerful attack. Everyone covered their faces from the heat. Shigaraki turned to you. "(Y/n), the files?" You pulled the files out of your bag and handed them to him. "Right here. As promised." Aizawa looked at you. "Why? I know this isn't you." He then turned to Shoto. "Or you. What happened to you two?" You rolled your eyes at his words. "I've said it before and I'll say it a million more times until you understand. Superheroes cannot save everyone. And we don't want to be saved." Shoto scoffed. "Nothing you can say or do will change our minds." Kurogiri opened a portal and takes the group back to the base.

Shigaraki looked through the files grinning. "Well done, (Y/n). Now, Shoto, your part?" Shoto pulled out a large folder from his satchel and handed it to Shigaraki. "Here. It's everything you asked for." Everyone takes their seats around the bar, getting distracted by their own activities. You speak up. "Since I'm finally back, do you think we can find out the genders yet?" Dabi looked over at you. "I was thinking about that too, princess." Kurogiri looked up from the glass he was cleaning. "Well, Miss (Y/n), we can definitely check." Everyone excitedly helps you to the small medical area and waits as you get situated on the cot. Toga snatches the files out of Shigaraki's hands, placing them on the table. "Come on, Shiggy! You can look at those silly files later." Shigaraki sighed. "...Whatever." Kurogiri spreads the gel on your stomach and moves the wand around for a few minutes. Eventually, he pauses, then moves the wand again, before stopping.

"..."

Dabi watched him, getting more nervous by the second. "Well?" Toga tilted her head. "Giri? I need to know!" Twice spoke up from his seat in the corner. "We have a bet on this! I need to win! I might lose." Kurogiri nods to himself before turning to the group of people expectantly watching him. He finally speaks. "From what I can see so far, the twins are healthy and properly growing. They're fighters. Just like their father." You looked at him. "Fighters?" Kurogiri turned to Dabi. "Dabi, your quirk isn't suited to your body, correct?" Dabi frowned. "Yeah. What about it?" Kurogiri looked at the monitor before looking back at Dabi. "Well, it seems that they have been struggling despite being healthy. They should be fine, but they may inherit your weakened constitution." Dabi goes quiet. You grasp his hand, trying to reassure him. Kurogiri waits for everyone to calm down before continuing. "Despite that, I was able to tell the twins' genders clearly. Would you like to know now or would you like to wait?" You looked at Dabi before looking back at Kurogiri. "We'd like to know now, please." Kurogiri nodded. "As you wish Miss (Y/n). From my results, you're expecting..."