Chapter Twenty-Four

You put a hand on Dabi's arm as you tried to keep him calm. He stayed by your side as everyone else waited for Kurogiri to speak. He looked at the two of you and continued speaking. "There's nothing wrong with your children. No need to get temperamental." You looked at him with wide eyes. "C-Children?" Dabi looked at you before looking back at Kurogiri. "There's more than one?" Kurogiri nodded at his question. "Indeed. Twins to be exact. It'll be a few more months until we can tell the genders." You turned to look at Dabi as he stared at the ultrasound. You smiled. You could see the slight traces of bloody tears under his scar tissue. 'The reality of this hasn't hit him yet, but when he holds them for the first time, it'll happen.' Kurogiri cleaned the gel off your stomach and once he was finished, Dabi took you up to his room. The two of you laid together, Dabi's hands holding your stomach warmly. You sighed contentedly. "I'm so glad I said no to him..." Dabi's head turned in your direction. "Said no to who?"

You explained the events that happened earlier that day, watching as Dabi's face changed from normal, to angry, and then to neutral. "That bast*rd. Piece of sh*t. what did you tell him?" You looked at him, raising a brow. "Of course, I said no. You really think I'd let him put my kids through the trauma he put his own kids through? He's so stupid." Dabi chuckled dryly. "I wouldn't let him lay one hand on our kids anyways. Now that we know its twins, what do you think the genders are?" You shrugged. "I don't really care what gender they are as long as they come out happy and healthy." Dabi started running his other hand through your hair. "Once we know the genders, we'll have to buy baby stuff. I can probably convince Shoto to give me the flaming garbage's credit card." You leaned into his touch. "I can also get Aizawa to buy some stuff too." The two of you cuddle and talk about baby names, the nurseries, and other baby things. Eventually, the both of you fall asleep.

...

You woke up a few hours later. 'I should be getting back...' You slipped out of the bed, kissing a still sleeping Dabi on the forehead before heading down to the bar. Everyone was sitting around doing their own thing. You looked at Shigaraki. "Hey, I'm going to head back now." Shigaraki turned to you, holding up his plans in one hand with his pinky up. "We've had a change of plans. Our grand reveal and attack will take place 3 months from now. Make sure to get those files and stay safe." You nodded. "I will." You waved goodbye to Twice and Toga, who were crocheting things for the babies. You walked back to Aizawa's house and headed inside, where you found him pacing in the living room. He turned to you. "Where were you? It's been hours." You tried to reassure him. "I'm fine. I made my appointment and they were able to get me in same day. They gave me some news..." He looked at you, concern in his eyes. "Is the kid alright? Are you alright?" You hesitated to speak. "Well...It's not 'kid' anymore. It's 'kids'. As in two..."

He pinched the bridge of his nose as he sighed. "Twins? This is not what I expected." You huffed. "Me either. We won't know the genders for a few more months. I'm going to nap. I'm tired from all that walking." You quickly went upstairs to your room and locked the door behind yourself. As you walked past the dresser, you noticed something on it that hadn't been there before. On the dresser were two small boxes. They were unlabeled, but looked expensive for the most part. You opened the first one to reveal a very expensive and intricately designed necklace dotted with rubies and diamonds. You opened the second box only to find a matching ring inside. The main gem was a large ruby stone. A card fluttered from the lid of the box. You grabbed the card and started to read.

'For you. I hope these are to your liking. Also, check your bed for another gift. From, An Admirer~'

You walked over to the bed and checked it. Under your pillow was another small box. You opened it to find a customized pacifier. The material was high quality and the surface was smoothed over with green and teal rhinestones. You looked at all of the boxes. 'This had to of been custom made...Is all of this from Aizawa? No. He would've told me he left something in her before I went upstairs. And he would've labeled the note differently...' You focused on the pacifier, taking in all its details. 'And why would they specifically send a blue pacifier? I don't even know the genders yet. Whatever. I'll just keep it all and put it up.'

...

A few hours passed and Dabi arrived at his regular time. As he walked past the dresser, his gaze landed on the boxes and pacifier. His eyes darkened as he turned to you. "Who gave you this? The necklace and the ring?" You watched him, confused by his behavior. "I don't know. They were just up here with a note." You gave Dabi the note and watched as he read it. A low growl emanated from his throat a few seconds later and the note burned in his grip, the ashes falling to the floor. You cautiously spoke to him. "Dabi...What's wrong?" He looked at you, his entire body tense. "I know who sent you the necklace and ring. The pacifier too. I'm going to f*cking burn him alive." You tilted your head. "Who sent it?" Dabi picked up the necklace from the box and examined it. "This...belonged to my mom. It was specially made, so there isn't another one like it. It's the same with the ring. This was her engagement ring. It was taken from her before she was institutionalized." You paused at his words. "...You're not saying..." He nodded. "I am. And that piece of sh*t better back off my family before I kill him slowly and painfully."

You sighed as you looked at the ring and necklace. "I already told him no. Did he not get it? I'll give the necklace and ring to Shoto tomorrow when Aizawa takes me to UA. He can give them back to your mother or put them away for her." Dabi sighed and pulled you close. "I'm not letting him put a hand on our kids or you. He'll have to go through me first." The two of you were interrupted by the bedroom door opening. You quickly pushed Dabi off the other side of the bed, hiding him from sight. You looked at the doorway. You sighed in relief when you saw that it was only Eri. "Oh, Eri. What is it, sweetie?" Eri rubbed her eyes as she entered the room. "I had a nightmare..." You beckoned her forward. "Oh, poor thing. Come here. I have a surprise, but you have to be quiet." Eri nodded. "Ok..." You looked over the side of the bed and nodded at Dabi. He got back on the bed. "Hi, baby mouse. It's been a while." Eri clambered up on the bed and hugged his arm. "Touya!" He smiled and ruffled her hair. "I missed you too."

Eri looked up at him, clearly over her nightmare. "Did you know? (Y/n)'s having a baby!" A small smile appeared on Dabi's face. "Yeah..." You turned to Eri, catching her attention. "Actually Eri...I'm having two babies." Eri gasped. "Really? Did you tell the weird bird man?" You smiled at her excitement. "Can I tell you a secret? Don't tell anyone. Touya is the daddy. Not the weird bird man." Eri smiled widely. "Really? I don't like the bird man. I like Touya better!" You sighed and patted her on the head. "Alright, it's off to bed with you. It's late and you have school tomorrow." Eri nodded and yawned. "Ok...Goodnight..." Eri leaves the room and the two of you cuddle together. Dabi still glares at the jewelry and pacifier. He rests his hands on your stomach, his mind running with many thoughts. He wouldn't let Endeavor take his kids or you away from him.

Notif he could help it.