Chapter Twenty-Three

You woke up alone again. You didn't have another nightmare, but you missed seeing Dabi in the mornings. You grabbed your phone, checking the time. "It's 11:00! I need to get ready!" You quickly got out of bed and grabbed your outfit off the chair before getting dressed and grabbing your bag. You headed downstairs, only to find the house empty. You went outside and waited on the porch, calling Hawks. After a few rings, he picks up. "What's going on?" You huffed and rolled your eyes. "It's 11:30. Did you forget?" He paused. "I...kind of did. But I'm on my way! Give me five minutes!" You hung up and Hawks showed up five minutes later. The two of you drove into the city, arriving at a very nice agency. You looked up at the building. "Whose agency is this?" Hawks grinned. "You'll see. Now come on. He's not very patient." The two of you made your way inside and headed into an elevator, going a few floors up. You reach your designated floor and step out. Hawks leads you to a large oak door. "I'll introduce you when we get in there."

Hawks opened the door, not even bothering to knock, and gestured for you to come inside. You followed after him, the door closing behind you. A voice echoed in the room. "Oh. It's you, Hawks. Is this the woman you spoke of?" Hawks chuckled. "Oh come on, Endeavor. Not even a greeting?" The man at the desk, Endeavor, gestured for Hawks to leave the room. "You may leave, Hawks. This is a private matter." Hawks sighed playfully. "Fine, fine. Call me when you're done, (Y/n)." You felt your anxiety rise as Hawks left the room. With everything that you knew about the man in front of you, you definitely didn't want to even be in the same room as him. He stood and walked around the desk, gesturing you forward. You nervously stepped forward.

A single thought ran through the man's mind as he watched you. 'Very obedient...'

He looked at you, examining you. "(Y/n) Aizawa, correct? Hawks informed me about you earlier." You nodded. "Yes." He continued on. "Hawks also told me of your unborn child. Their quirk had piqued my interest." You held back the urge to roll your eyes. 'Looks like he hasn't changed.' You tilted your head as you pretended to be confused. "Your interest?" He nodded, further explaining his thoughts. "Hawks said the child's father had a flame quirk, and a powerful one at that. He also said the child's father is no longer around. Since you nor Eraserhead know how to train a child with a flame quirk, I have an offer." You rose a brow. "And that is?" His eyes glowed with pride. "When the child manifests their quirk, I wish to train them. And to ensure a healthy child, I will provide the top medical care." You crossed your arms over your chest. "I feel like there's a catch..." He hummed. "I see it as more of a choice than a catch."

You sighed. "Go on." He looked towards the large glass window that overlooked the city. "My wife and I recently divorced. To keep up appearances, I've decided to look for a new wife. This will benefit both of us. You and the child will get the best medical care, the child will be born healthy, and you will have someone to train your child's quirk once it manifests." You held back the urge to roll your eyes at him. 'He's just in this for his own gain. Nothing about this benefits me.' You sighed, a fake smile pulling at your lips. "Thank you for your...generous offer...but I'll have to decline. Have a nice day." You quickly left the room and headed outside, calling Hawks as you did so. He picked up immediately. "You're done already?" You huffed. "Yes. I can't believe he thought I'd say yes!" A few minutes later, Hawks arrived, taking you back to the house. You went inside, spotting Aizawa grading some papers on the sofa.

He looked up at you, raising a brow. "Why are you so upset? It's not good for the kid." You shrugged him off. "It's nothing. I need to make an appointment for an ultrasound." Aizawa waved his hand dismissively. "Don't worry about paying for it. I've got everything covered." You smiled. "Thank you. Now I'm going to change and then go on a walk." You changed your clothes and left the house, walking quickly.

You had one destination in mind.

You walked for about 30 minutes before arriving and knocking on the door. The door opened, revealing Toga. "Sis! You're back!" The two of you headed inside and Toga closed the door. Everyone was sitting in the bar. The first to notice the two of you was Shigaraki. "Look who's back and carrying devil spawn." You rolled your eyes as a small smile made its way onto your face. "I missed you too. Where's Dabi?" Shigaraki took a sip of his drink. "He's out on a mission. But why are you here? Please tell me you weren't followed?" You sighed and shook your head. "I made sure I wasn't. I'm here because I just want to be. I also need to make my ultrasound appointment." Shigaraki tilted his head. "Why don't you just use Kurogiri? We have all the medical stuff; we just never had a use for it since we just have normal injuries or conditions." You hummed. "Can we do it when Dabi gets back?" Shigaraki turned back towards the bar, going back to his plans. "Whatever."

...

A few hours later, Dabi returned to the base. As he entered the bar, he finally took notice of you. "Hey, what are you doing here?" You leaned up, kissing his cheek. "I just wanted to see everyone, and Kurogiri is going to do my first ultrasound. We were waiting for you to get back." Dabi hesitated before speaking. "I guess...we can do it now..." You rested a hand on his arm, trying to comfort him. "Everything will be fine." Shigaraki put up his papers and turned to Kurogiri. "Kurogiri, get everything ready!" Everyone goes into the small medical room and you lay on the small cot in the back. Everyone watches as Kurogiri puts the gel on your stomach and grabs the wand before starting the ultrasound. After a few minutes, he pauses before moving the wand, and then pauses again.

"Miss (Y/n), this is quite the predicament..."

Dabi looked at Kurogiri, his grip tightening on your hand.

"Whatis it? Is something wrong with my kid?!"