Chapter Ten

You quickly pulled your heels off as you headed towards the base, moving faster as you heard the two following after you. You took several twists and turns, eventually losing them in the maze of alleyways. You arrived at the base a few minutes later and rushed inside, locking the door behind yourself. Dabi and Shigaraki looked up from their card game. Dabi tilted his head, "Damn, what happened to you?" You leaned against the bar, trying to catch your breath as you panted, "D-Don't want to talk about it." You watched as Dabi stood from his chair. He walked over and grabbed your arm, his grip gentle but firm as he led you to your room and shut the door. He let you go, "Now, what happened? You're all shaken up and messy." You shrugged him off, "It's nothing. I just saw some people at work." He sat you on the bed, frowning, "Who? Because I know you wouldn't get this messed up over a stranger." You hesitated, not sure if he'd laugh or take you seriously, "...I saw the men who left me to die. Hawks and Eraserhead." Dabi swore under his breath, "Hawks must've been keeping tabs on you. Did they do anything to you?" You shook your head as you leaned against his shoulder, "No, but they know who I am and that I'm alive. They also think that you're my husband and that Eri is our kid."

Dabi chuckled, leaning back against the pillows, "You know, I wouldn't mind being your husband." You felt yourself heating up as you became more flustered, "W-What?" Dabi smirked, his cerulean blue eyes staring right into yours, "Be mine, princess. I know you've been thinking the same about me. You have quite the habit of talking in your sleep." You looked at him, confusion painted across your face, "You actually want to date me?" He nodded as he shamelessly looked you over, "You know I'd never lie about that. So?" Your heart jumped at the thought of being his and his alone. You knew he could betray you at any moment, but you didn't care. You threw caution to the wind, "Alright, I'll be yours. But if you mess up, I'll put you six feet under." Dabi looked at you, his finger curling as he lazily beckoned you forward, "I'm sure you will, princess. Now, come here..." Dabi pulled you onto his lap from his spot on the bed. You ended up straddling him as his arms wrapped around your waist. His eyes flicker from your eyes to your lips. Then, he closes the gap.

In that moment, it seemed like time had slowed down. His lips molded against yours perfectly as he deepened the kiss. Your fingers tangled in his hair, pulling him closer to you. There was no clash of tongues or teeth, just lips. Soon, the two pull away from each other, the silence of the room now being filled with soft pants. Once you realized the position you were in, you quickly got off of him, fixing your dress. Dabi sat up, pausing when he spotted the scar on your leg. He looked at you, "What happened?" You waved him off, sitting on the edge of the bed again, "It's old. It happened when I was going to UA." Dabi rose a brow, "I know you wouldn't carve 'villain' into your own thigh. You're mine now and I don't like it when other people try to damage what's mine." You hesitated to speak, not wanting to bring old memories up to the surface again. You took a deep breath, "What I say does not leave this room." Dabi grabbed your hand, "It won't. Now, tell me."

...

5 years ago

The sports festival had just concluded and you had managed to snag first place. Your classmates were whispering as you entered the classroom, "She only got first place because Aizawa probably rigged it all for her!" Another whispered back to the first, "Her entire quirk is villainous! She shouldn't even be allowed in the hero course!" A third student jumped into the conversation, interrupting the other two, "Why don't we put her in her place then? She didn't deserve to win!" The three students approached you and were able to convince you to leave the classroom. Aizawa was asleep in the corner, unaware of what was going to occur. The three students took you to an empty hallway. You anxiously looked around, "W-Why are we-!" You were interrupted by one of the boys pushing you to the floor roughly, "You idiot." While he held you down, the second boy kneeled down next to you, holding an X-Acto blade in his hand, "We have to hurry before Aizawa notices we're gone!"

The third boy huffed, "Then do it already!" One of them pulled down your thigh high while one held you down. The other brought the X-Acto blade closer. You tried to struggle but you could only cry out as the blade finally made contact deep within your skin. You cried out and screamed as the pain intensified, "S-Stop!" You wanted to use your quirk but with your emotional distress, you'd risk vegetizing yourself if you did so. The boy holding you down scoffed, "Why should we? You're villainous!" The boy holding the X-Acto blade began to carve letters into your skin, digging the blade deeper and deeper each time. The third boy, the lookout, called to the other two, "Someone's coming! We need to go!" The boy finished his carving, making the other let go of you, "Ok, ok. I'm finished!" You let out a final scream of pain as he stabbed the blade under the carving. The three students run away as footsteps echo up the hallway. You were still lying on the ground, a small puddle of blood forming under your twitching leg.

A voice reached your ears, "(Y/n)?!" A familiar woman kneeled down next to you, trying to get you to sit up. You trembled, "A-Auntie Nemuri...!" Midnight carefully scooped you up, careful not to jostle your leg, "I'm going to take you to Recovery Girl. We'll get your father on the way." You quickly shook your head, "N-No! Just take me to Recovery Girl!" Midnight sighed as she passed Aizawa's classroom, "Ok, I won't, but you have to tell him later." After the two of you got to Recovery Girl, Midnight put you on the cot. Recovery Girl numbed your leg and took out the X-Acto blade. During this, you passed out. Recovery Girl cleaned your leg and bandaged it, leaving Midnight to watch over you. You woke up an hour later with Midnight sitting next to you. She rested a hand on your shoulder, "How are you feeling, sweetie?" You looked down at the blankets covering your legs, "I-I'm ok..." Midnight sighed, "Well, I spoke to Recovery Girl and unfortunately, your leg will be permanently scarred."

You quickly removed the blanket and unraveled the bandage to see the scar on her thigh. The scar is no longer bleeding, but it throbs with an angry red color. Dried blood stretches around letters that form the word 'villain'. Midnight frowned, "I need to know who did this. They need to be punished." You hesitated to answer. You knew if you told, you might get attacked again, and at the moment, that didn't sound very nice, "...I don't remember." You knew you shouldn't have lied, but all you could feel in that moment was fear. Your quirk was acting up, causing all of your emotions to go haywire. All you knew was that you didn't want to be attacked again. So after that, you stayed quiet, blended into the crowd, and never ranked in the top three again. Your attackers never bothered you again after that, but you were still paranoid, even when surrounded by others. However, you knew that it was better this way.

It always was...

...