Chapter Eleven

...

Further in the city, two men sat in an apartment, trying to come up with a plan. Aizawa sighed, "We need to keep looking for both of them and the man with them." Hawks huffed, "Where do we even start looking? We lost her in the alleys. There're hundreds of places to look there. We'll never find her." Aizawa turned to Hawks, "I want them found. I want (Y/n) to come home. And I think I have a plan." Hawks looked at him curiously, "Oh? What is it?" Aizawa showed Hawks a flyer from your workplace, "We might be able to get her information or address from her employer. If we do, I want you to track her, get close to her in some way. And then convince her to come home with Eri." Hawks paused, " 'Get close'? You mean-" Aizawa cut him off, pinching the bridge of his nose, "Do whatever you need to in order to convince her. I can tell that this man she's with is partly responsible Eri's kidnapping and her own resistance." Hawks shook his head, "Well I can't just swoop in and make her fall in love with me if she's married to or dating the guy!" Aizawa's hair slightly raised, "Like I said, do what you have to in order to bring them both back. I don't want to lose them again..."

...

You laid on Dabi's chest. You had told him the story behind the scar and his opinion of you had yet to change. You sat up, "I should get changed." Dabi looked at you, stretching his arms, "Mhm, it's getting late. I should get baby mouse from crazy." You got up and walked to the closet, pulling out some nightclothes, "You go get her and we'll go to sleep." Dabi leaves to get Eri and you get dressed for bed. You grab your phone off the nightstand and decide to call your boss, knowing what you have to do. The phone rings for a few seconds before you hear your boss on the other end, "Hello?" You clear your throat, "It's (Y/n)." Your boss sighed, "Why did you run out today? You missed your pay." You looked down at your hand in your lap, "I'm sorry about that. Family emergency. Anyways, tell the girls I'll miss them. I'll pick up my pay tomorrow." You could hear the surprise in your boss's voice, "What?! You can't-!" You cut him off, "I'm sorry, but I'm quitting. I'll see you tomorrow when I pick up my pay."

You hung up your phone and threw it back on the bed. 'There, that's done. I'll have to move everything out of the apartment and stay here...' Dabi comes in the room with Eri, both of them ready for bed. Eri snuggles into Dabi's chest, yawning as he adjusts her on his hip. He passes her off to you and watches as you two get into bed. Once you two are comfortable, Dabi turns off the light and gets into the bed, once again closest to the door. Eri yawns and looks at you, "Will you sing me a lullaby?" You smiled and gently rubbed her head, "Sure sweetheart." Dabi laid on his side, eyes closed but still listening. You started to sing quietly.

"My daughter, I have nothing I can give, but this chance that you may live. I pray we'll meet again. If he will deliver us..."

You gently moved some hair out of Dabi's face while your other hand played with Eri's hair.

"Sleep and remember, my last lullaby. So I'll be with you when you dream. Little one, you're safe now. And safe may you stay..."

Dabi faintly hummed along, holding the two close. The two looked down at Eri, seeing her on the verge of falling asleep. You smiled.

"Grow, little one. Come back someday..."

You went quiet as Dabi sang the last line, making Eri fall into a peaceful sleep.

"Come and deliver us, too..."

The two of you shared a kiss before falling asleep in each other's embrace. The night went by peacefully, no nightmares to be had. Instead, for the first time in years, you had sweet dreams.

...

The next morning, you woke up alone. Dabi's side of the bed was cold along with Eri's. You got up and got dressed before dragging yourself down to the bar. Down in the bar, it looked like everyone had just finished breakfast. Kurogiri is keeping an eye on Eri as she eats, Shigaraki and Dabi are talking, and Twice and Toga are playing a card game. Dabi noticed you from across the bar, dropping his conversation with Shigaraki to go over to you. Once he got to you, he kissed you for a few seconds before pulling away, "Good morning, sleeping beauty." Toga squealed at the couple's actions, "You two are so cute together." Shigaraki scoffed, "Don't let it get in the way of your work. We don't have time for any distractions." You turned your attention back to Dabi, "I have to go by my work to pick up something." He hummed, "I'll go with you. It's my turn to get groceries anyways." He turned to Eri, "Are you ready, baby mouse?" Eri nodded as she handed her plate to Kurogiri, "Yeah!"

The three leave, Eri between the two. She holds their hands as they walk. Dabi had on a new face mask and a hoodie. Toga had messed around with Eri's hair, putting temporary dye in it. She had dyed Eri's hair black and added some red highlights. Her outfit consisted of a white skirt, black leggings, boots, and a black shirt along with a cute leather jacket. You looked at Dabi as you walked, "Did you pick her outfit?" Eri smiled, "I picked it myself. Mr. Hand Man said I have to 'blend in' and auntie Toga helped me." After a few more minutes of walking, the three of you arrive at your workplace. Dabi and Eri wait outside while you go in.

Your boss hands you your pay as you greet him, "Here. By the way, we had a client come in and ask for your details. I gave him your address and he went on his way. Anyways, I'll see you around. Good luck out there." You smile and head back out to Dabi and Eri. Dabi shifts Eri on his hip, "Alright, let's get to the store. We have a long list to get through." The three of you head in the direction of the grocery store, unaware of the man watching you from afar...