Chapter Seven

You woke up the next morning, still feeling the warmth radiating from Dabi's body. You lifted your head and looked at the other side of the bed. Dabi was asleep on his side, facing you and Eri while having an arm slung over the both of you, his hand gripping your's. Eri was curled into Dabi's chest, a peaceful look on her face. You quietly slipped out of bed and got dressed before going out to the living room and turning on the tv. You grabbed the remote and flipped to the news channel. As expected, the only thing they can talk about is Eraserhead's missing daughter.

"Late last night, seven-year-old Eri, adopted daughter of Eraserhead, was taken from her bedroom. At the time of said kidnapping, the victim's adoptive brother was asleep, leading investigators to believe that this is the result of teenage irresponsibility. Eraserhead is actively participating in the searches, but the kidnappers left no clues to their identities."

"We will update this report when any new information is received. Tune in tonight for more insight into this horrific kidnapping."

The news paused for commercials, leaving you uninterested in watching. You jumped as a hand touched your shoulder. Dabi chuckled from behind you, "It's just me princess." He sat next to you on the sofa, glancing at the tv, "Looks like the news already caught on, huh?" You nodded before remembering some things you needed him to do, "Yeah. Oh, that reminds me. I need you go to a thrift store or something and find new clothes for Eri. She can't go out in the clothes she has now if we have to go out." Dabi nodded, his back popping at he stretched, "Hm, let me get dressed and I'll see what I can do." Dabi gets dressed and leaves the apartment to go find the clothes. You start on a small breakfast for all of you, careful to watch the time. After about 30 minutes, you set the plates on the table and go to wake up Eri.

Suddenly, a fearful wail echoes from the bedroom, causing you to rush inside. Eri sits on the bed, hugging her knees to her chest as she sniffles. You sat next to her, cautiously reaching out and rubbing her back, "Hey, hey, what happened sweetheart?" Eri clung to you, hugging your arm as she still sniffled, "The mean man was...poking me and hurting me again..." You carefully picked Eri up and sat her on your lap, calming her down. 'Damn it, Overhaul. What is wrong with you?' You looked at her, using your thumb to wipe her tears away, "He isn't going to hurt you ever again. You're safe here. Now, chin up." Slowly, Eri went back to her happy, bubbly self. She looked up at you after looking around the room for a moment, "Where's Mr. Staples?"

You paused for a moment, wondering who Mr. Staples was before realizing she was talking about Dabi, "Oh, he had some things to do. He'll be back soon. Now, I made breakfast. You should eat." Eri smiled and hopped off the bed. You led Eri to the small dining room and sat her down, letting her eat. Just then, Dabi stepped into the apartment, carrying a few bags and wearing a black face mask. You look at him as you set his plate on the table, "Right on time. Come eat." Dabi takes off his face mask and sits down at the table, "Thanks." Breakfast is relative silent, but not awkward. After everyone is finished, you wash the dishes while Dabi sits with Eri.

Eri looked at Dabi as she played with the end of his sleeve, "What's your name, mister? I call you Mr. Staples, but papa would say that's rude..." Dabi looked at her, a hint of a smile appearing on his face, "You can call me..." You watched as Dabi thought for a moment. You didn't need your quirk to see the unfamiliar emotion running through his eyes. He spoke, "...Touya." Eri only nodded and continued to play with his sleeve. You finish the dishes and take Eri over to the bags. Eri takes her time and eventually picks out an outfit she likes. You take her to the bathroom, "Alright, go ahead and take a bath. If you need me, just yell, ok sweetie?" Eri smiled and nodded her head, "Yes, Ms. (Y/n)." you leave the bathroom and a few minutes later, you hear the water run. You head to the living room and sit next to Dabi, "Where did you get that name from?"

He turns his gaze to meet yours, "What?" You repeat yourself, " 'Touya'. Where did that come from?" Dabi sighs and shrugs her off, clearly not wanting to talk about it, "Don't worry about it, princess." You decide to drop it, but can't help but feel curious. 10 minutes later, you hear Eri calling you. You get up and head to the bathroom, knocking on the door, "Eri?" She opens the door and lets you in, "I need help tying these dress strings and with my hair, please?" You smile and tie the dress's strings before grabbing a hair brush, "Is a braid ok?" Eri nods, "Yeah!" You braid her hair and lead her out to the living room where Dabi is playing on his phone. He looked up at the two, his mind wandering as he saw how good you were with Eri.

'(Y/n) would be a good mother to our kids...'

Dabi's mind goes blank at that thought. He had never considered the idea of having kids of his own. Mostly because he wouldn't be able to provide the things a child would need and also because no one would want to have a kid with someone like him. You though, you were different somehow. He bit his lip, 'What...? Where did that even come from? Her and I are close, but do I actually have feelings for her?' He silently admired you, 'I mean...I wouldn't really mind.' You looked at Dabi, noticing the far off look in his eyes, "Are you ready to go?" Dabi stands, pushing his previous thoughts to the back of his mind, "Yeah. Let's get going." Eri goes over to Dabi, tugging on his coat and lifting her arms, "Touya!" You watched with a smile as Dabi picked her up and rested her on his hip, "Let's go, baby mouse."

The three of you leave the apartment and start walking. As you walk, you look at Dabi, "Where do you keep getting these nicknames from?" Dabi smirked, "If she's baby mouse, do you want me to call you mama mouse, princess?" You were flustered by his words but regained your composure, "Be quiet. I mean, I'm not her mom. It'd be weird." Eri lifted her head from Dabi's shoulder and looked at (Y/n), "I don't have a mom. I only have papa. All the ladies around him are crazy but...you're nice." You slightly frowned, feeling bad for her, 'Poor thing...' Eri thought for a moment before smiling widely, "You could me my mom until I go back to papa!" You looked at Dabi, then back at Eri, "Are you sure, sweetie?" She quickly nodded her head, "Yeah! Could Touya also be my daddy until I go back to papa?"

You softly smiled. 'How could a kid be so cute yet blunt at the same time?' Dabi ruffles Eri's hair, making her giggle. You watch the two, a new feeling stirring in your stomach, "It's up to Touya on that part, sweetie." Eri looked at Dabi, giving him the biggest puppy dog eyes. Dabi slightly smiles, "Fine, kid. I'll be your temporary daddy." You look at Eri, "I'll be your temporary mom too." Eri smiled and squealed in excitement, "Yay!" The three of you walk through the alleyways to get to the league's base. Suddenly, someone shouts from behind you, "Hey, you two!" A man comes into view. A pair of red wings stand proudly on his back. He looks at your makeshift family. Dabi moves into the shade with Eri, thankful that he wore a face mask and hoodie. He adjusts the beanie covering Eri's horn.

Yourgaze turns cold as your eyes land on the man in front of you. You speak almostvenomously, as if the words are sour in your mouth, "Can I help you?" Hawksapproaches you, holding a missing person's poster in his hand, "I'm searchingfor a missing child and I noticed your, um...daughter...almost fits thedescription. Do you mind if I take a look at her?" Before you can answer, Eri'ssqueals fill the air. The two of you turn to the pair in the shade. Eri giggled,"That tickles daddy!" You turn back to Hawks, trying not to blow your cover, "Mydaughter isn't that missing child. So I think you're looking at the wrongchild." Dabi focuses on keeping Eri's attention on him as you try to convinceHawks. Hawks shakes his head, "Still, I'd like to have a look." You sighed inannoyance, "Fine." You lead him over to Dabi and Eri. He looks at Eri, who isstill in Dabi's arms, "Hello there. Are these two your parents?" Eri smiled athim, "Yeah! (Y/n) is my mom and Touya is my daddy!" Hawks hummed in response, "Hm,what's your name sweetheart?" At his question, Eri looked a littleuncomfortable, "My name is..."