Chapter Nine

You scoff at the two men in front of you, "What makes you think I'll answer them? You're wasting your time and money, but I'm getting paid, so keep wasting it." Aizawa frowned, "I don't care how long this takes. I want answers." Hawks interjected, making Aizawa go quiet, "The man you were with earlier, is he your husband? Boyfriend?" You rolled your eyes, getting fed up with their invasiveness, "Like I said, I'm not going to answer you." Aizawa looked at you, his eyes scanning you, "You remind me of someone, you know." You bit your lip to keep your attitude from coming out, 'I'm right in front of his face and he doesn't even recognize me?!' You decided to try and get some information of out him, "What?" He continued, "Full of spunk and spite. By the way, what is your name? Hawks never informed me." You stayed quiet, not wanting to give him more information than you were willing to give out, "..."

Hawks spoke up, "From what I've got, her name is (Y/n) Ikorodot and that last name also belongs to the man she was with. So I assumed they were married." Aizawa paused as Hawks said the name. He muttered, "(Y/n)...I haven't heard her name in a long time." You watched as his expression shifted slightly. It was then that you got an idea. If you could get him to spill, you'd be able to know how he felt about you after all these years. You tilted your head, "Who?" Aizawa shook himself out of his stupor, "The person you remind me of. Anyways, we have reason to believe that your...husband...may have taken my daughter." You bit back your words again, wondering how much more idiotic they could be. 'Are these two idiots? I mean, Dabi was there, but I was the one who technically kidnapped her.' You looked at them, shrugging, "Well, my daughter isn't your missing child. Sorry."

Aizawa asked another question, "Do you work here to support your daughter?" You sighed as you lied through your teeth, "Yes. My husband has to stay home to watch her." The two men shared a look before Aizawa spoke again, "How long have you worked here?" You sighed, "Four and a half years." Hawks hummed, "You've got a pretty good mentality if you can do this for almost five years." Aizawa looked at you, his eyes holding a glint of suspicion, "This may seem strange, but there was an incident around here about five years ago. Do you remember it?" You spoke, not bothering to think before you did, "Yeah. It was a huge villain att-!" You covered your mouth as the two looked at you. 'Damn it! The public never knew about the attack. They could be thinking two things right now. Either one, I have to play dumb or lie.' Aizawa was the first to break the silence, "How did you know?" Hawks looked at her, "Wait a minute...!" You quickly spoke, making up another lie, "My parents...were killed in the attack. That's how I knew."

Aizawa shook his head, "That's not possible. All citizens were evacuated and no casualties were reported." You quickly tried to think of another lie as Aizawa looked at you. His eyes held an unfamiliar emotion." Hawks spoke, "Eraser, it has to be her! It has to." You stayed absolutely silent, not wanting to get caught in another lie. Aizawa looked at you, his gaze becoming cold, "I had a feeling, but you can't be her. She's dead." Hawks put a hand on his shoulder, "What if she's not? What if she survived?" You gave your last attempt at a lie, "I don't know what you're talking about." Aizawa muttered quietly, "The scar...If..." As if thinking the same thing, Hawks shoots a small feather and cuts a slit in the thigh portion of the dress. The strip of fabric falls away. An old scar stands out on the skin. The word 'Villain' is permanently carved into the skin. You covered the scar with your hand, but it was too late. They had already seen it.

Aizawa stared at you in shock, "It is you...My daughter..." You huffed and decided to give up on playing dumb, "You lost the privilege to call me that a long time ago." Aizawa frowned, "I thought you were dead. Why did you hide for five years? Why didn't you come home?" You rose a brow, a sarcastic laugh leaving your lips, "Why bother going home to the person who left you to die? Oh, that's right. I didn't." Hawks tried to interject, "Look, kid-" You cut him off, "Don't. You're a sh*tty excuse for a hero, you know? I remember your exact words from that day. You told him that I was 'already dead' and to just 'adopt another kid', like I was a replaceable thing." Aizawa reached out a hand to you, "I didn't want to leave you behind-" You slapped his hand away, "Well you had a funny way of showing it. You saw me stuck under that rubble and what did you do? You turned the other cheek. You ignored me. You walked away. So I decided to walk away from you. You failed and I know it'll haunt you until the day you die."

Hawks put a hand on your shoulder, "Kid, I was young then. If you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at me." You shoved his hand off, letting out a dry laugh at his pathetic excuse, "Well that's too bad. Because you know what? I hate both of you. So I don't care about what you have to say. Now, I have to go. Don't bother looking for me." Before they can speak, you quickly leave the room, grabbing your phone and purse from behind the desk before rushing out of the building.