Chapter Thirty-Eight

...

You woke up alone the next morning. The dogs were gone from their spots and the space they had occupied was cold. You got out of bed and headed downstairs. As you did, you heard faint giggles from the living room. Once you made it to the bottom of the stairs, you looked into the living room. Eri sat in on the floor, playing with the two dogs. Nyx was acting as a pillow while Apollo tried to get Eri to hold his paw. You smiled. "Good morning. Where's your papa?" Eri turned to you. "(Y/n)! I missed you! Papa's still asleep." Eri got up and hugged you. Afterwards, you headed into the kitchen and started making breakfast. As you did, thoughts from yesterday filled your mind. You tried to not think about it, so that your quirk didn't activate. As you finished plating the food, a yell came from the living room. You put down the plates and headed into the living room. "What happ-!" You stopped yourself from laughing. Aizawa was on the floor with Nyx on to top of him. Nyx sniffed him and licked his face as her tail wagged. Apollo watched from next to Eri. You smiled. "Nyx, off!" Nyx got off and went to sit next to Apollo. Aizawa got up and wiped his face. "I was not expecting to get woken up like that."

You winced. "Sorry! Nyx thinks she's a lap dog." Everyone ate breakfast and made small talk as they did so. Just as Aizawa went to ask you about what happened, someone knocked on the front door. You stood. "I'll get it." You went to the front door and looked through the peephole. Once you saw who was on the other side, you hesitated before opening the door. "What do you want?" Dabi spoke. "(Y/n), princess, I need to talk to you." Aizawa came into the front room and spotted Dabi at the door. He stood behind you, watching Dabi. "What are you doing here?" Dabi sighed. "I just need to talk to her." You frowned. "Make it quick. I'm not in the mood." The two of you headed upstairs to the guest bedroom and sat on the bed. You waited for Dabi to speak. He looked at you. "What you heard...was our original plan, but...all of us got attached. You showed us that the world doesn't have to be a bad place. You showed us that it's the people who make it that way. And I...I fell in love with you along the way..." You crossed your arms. "How do I know that you're not lying to me?" Dabi swallowed. "Shoto said some things to me. Things that made me realize..."

You tilted your head. "Like what?" He hesitated. "He said that I was just like...Endeavor..." Your expression softened. "He didn't mean it. He always says things he doesn't mean when he's angry." Dabi looked at you, one of his hands in his pocket. "And I wasn't going to do this until the babies came, but I need to do it." You looked over. "What-!"

Dabi kneeled on one knee in front of you. He pulled a small black box out of his pocket, nervously fumbling with it before looking at you. "I've lied about a lot of things, but loving you isn't one of them. You've shown me that love is unconditional. And you know that I'm not good at this sappy sh*t, so..." He looked up at you. "Will you marry me?" Dabi opened the box to reveal a beautiful ring. You stared at Dabi in silence. Dabi watched your face for any signs. Suddenly, you smiled. "Yes!" Dabi smiled. "I thought you would've said no, but I'm happy that you said yes." Dabi slips the ring onto your finger and then intertwined your hands. He got up and gently hugged you. You giggled. "I was considering saying it just to get back at you, but I couldn't help myself." Dabi held you closer. "Well, I'm happy either way. Do you want to tell your old man?" You shrugged. "I was going to tell him either way." The two of you went downstairs and found Aizawa sitting on the couch while Eri played with the dogs. He looked at the two of you. "I assume you've fixed whatever problem he caused?" You nodded. "Yeah...but we have more news."

Aizawa groaned. "Not again...What is it?" Dabi looked at him. "I didn't ask for your blessing, but I proposed." Aizawa looked at you for a moment before looking back at Dabi. He sighed. "Well, I know you would've proposed with or without it, so it's whatever, but what did she say?" You held up your hand to show the ring. "I said yes." He took note of the ring. "I see. (Y/n), do you want me to call Nemuri so you can plan for dress shopping?" You huffed. "How can I go in public? Everyone in the city knows I'm a villain." Aizawa opened up his laptop on the table. "I'll reserve whatever shop you're going to for the day and I'll make sure the workers stay quiet." You nodded. "Sounds good." You looked down at Eri, who was still playing with the dogs. You softly smiled. "Eri, would you like to be our flower girl?" She looked up at you. "Really? Yes!" You grinned. "Perfect. Then it's settled." The two of you and the dogs head back to base after saying your goodbyes. Once you arrive, everyone greets you with apologies, including Shigaraki (but only because he was forced by Toga). You sighed. "Guys, it's all in the past now. What matters is that we'll always be a family no matter what." Dabi nodded. "And soon, we'll be raising our own little family."

Everyone begins to talk about the twins and the due date. Then Rei catches sight of the ring. She smiles. "So you finally did it?" Dabi smiled slightly. "Yeah...she said yes." Toga squealed. "You proposed?! When's the wedding?!" Everyone congratulated you two and admired the ring as they talked about the wedding and who's going to do what for it. Toga called out. "I call maid of honor!" Dabi turned to Shoto. "Shoto, will you be my best man?" Shoto turned to him. "I should say no since you punched me, but yes. I will." Rei put a hand on your shoulder. "I'll help you plan if you need it." You nodded. "Thank you. I think we should have the wedding after the babies are born. The weather should be perfect." Dabi pulled you close. "Sounds good. It's your special day after all." Rei got out a binder planner and started to talk about details with you. The rest of the league gets incorporated into the wedding party with Kurogiri and Mr. Compress taking on food and cake duty while Shigaraki, Spinner, and Shoto get stuck with decorating. After a while, you and Dabi headed upstairs to go to bed. There was still a lot of planning to do, but you had a few months until the babies arrived.

As you laid on the bed, Dabi spoke. "I'm glad you said yes and came back home. I still don't understand why when anyone else could give you so much more." You turned to him. "Love just makes you do stupid things sometimes. But I don't think falling in love with you was stupid at all. No relationship is perfect, but we can always work things out." He looked in your eyes, his touch warm. "I love you. There's nothing about you that I would change. And without you...I am not the same..." You gripped his hand, placing it on your stomach. "I love you too. And I'm sure our children will love you just as much." The two of you got dressed for bed and slipped under the covers. Dabi pulled you into his chest, holding you gently as he rubbed your stomach. In just a few months, his children would arrive and then they'd have the wedding.

"Goodnight, princess..."