Chapter Thirty-Five

Papers slid together as a man balanced a phone between his shoulder and ear. A voice peaked from the receiver. "I want every detail of every appointment she has. No matter if it's large or miniscule. Understood?" The man nodded as he turned towards a calendar pinned on the wall. "Understood. Going off the calendar, I will send some info your way two weeks from now. I will have another quirk test ran and send those results as well." A chuckle came from the receiver. "Good. Oh, and, don't fail me. I'm sure you remember the consequences?" Then, there was a pause. "...Yes, sir."

...

He hung up the phone, placing it on his desk. He frowned. "She may have been able to escape, but the children will not. I must wait though. Wait until that person hand delivers them to me..." He looked towards the window. "Until then...I'll have to keep tabs on them. All of them."

...

Since you came back, a lot of things had happened. Dabi and Shigaraki trained Nyx and taught her several commands, making her into one of the best protection dogs. Rei threw you a small baby shower and Toga helped plan it. But then, everyone began to realize that there was only one way that Endeavor would've known that the babies were alive. A spy. And they had to take them out. Everyone sat around the bar discussing the spy. Dabi sighed. "Do we have anyone pinned yet?" Shoto looked around the room at everyone. "So far, we all trust each other, correct?" Shigaraki nodded. "Yeah. It's no one within the league. It has to be someone outside." You looked over at them. "..." Dabi rose a brow. "Hey, what's wrong? Did you think of someone?" You hesitated. "...Well, I remembered something..." Shigaraki turned to you. "Tell us. It might be important." You sighed. "Well, when I got taken, Endeavor took me to a very classy doctor. When I was in an exam room, the door was left open, and I saw my doctor." Dabi tilted his head. "Yeah. You were at a doctor's office, princess." You quickly shook your head. "No, I mean, I saw the doctor that you took me to. The one that we were going to before everything got crazy." Shigaraki hummed, his chin propped up by his hand. "That would make sense. A doctor could get access to this information and send it around." Dabi looked at the two of you.

"But why would this random underground doctor be a spy for him of all people?" A single answer entered your mind. "What if there was something in it for the doctor?" Shigaraki took a swig of his drink. "Well, it's obviously not money since he probably makes a lot of that. So then why?" Dabi stood from his seat next to you. "I'll find another doctor or we'll use Kurogiri if we have to. I don't want her going back there until he's dead." You rested a hand on his arm. "Dabi...As much as I want to kill this doctor, I need him. Giving birth here would be impossible. And we need to make sure the babies are ok." Dabi groaned. "Fine." They finished the conversation and you and Dabi headed upstairs into his room. You sat down, deep in thought. Dabi held you, breaking you out of your thoughts. "What are you thinking about?" You leaned back into his chest. "The other doctor did a quirk test and, well...the results were interesting." Dabi hummed. "What did they say?" You looked towards the window, where the sun rested halfway above the horizon. "The twins have both of our quirks, so they'll be dual users like Shoto, but the results also said that there was a faint ice quirk gene from you. I thought your quirk was all fire?" Dabi sighed as he lifted his left hand, a small blue flame sitting on his finger. "It's all fire now. When I was younger, I used to have a very weak ice quirk. As I got older, it merged with my fire, creating a fire that feels cold but burns hot." You gripped his hand and the flame went out. "I see. I guess we'll just have to see what happens with their quirks when they're born."

...

A few weeks later, you found yourself back in the doctor's office with Dabi. The doctor looked up from his clipboard. "So, everything seems to be in perfect condition and the fetuses are very healthy. You're five months along with 4 more to go." You smiled. "Good. Is there anything else we should know?" The doctor thought for a moment before nodding. "Oh, yes. In our office, we've added birthing coaches to our birth plans. Each patient has a coach assigned and they get acquainted with each other before planning the how's and the when's for the birth." Dabi looked at the doctor. "Hm...Will they be in the delivery room?" The doctor handed the two of you a paper detailing the purpose of the birthing coach. "Yes. Their purpose in the delivery room is to give support to the patient in order to make the process easier." Dabi looked up from the paper. "The birthing coach will be a woman, right?" The doctor paused. "...Unfortunately, at this time, our only available coach is a male. But he is very good at what he does." Dabi quickly interrupted him. "Can you cha-" You spoke up. "Dabi, stop it. It's fine." The doctor nodded. "I believe he's in the office right now if you'd like to meet him." You smiled. "That would be nice."

The doctor left the room and Dabi turned to you, trying to think of what to say so he wouldn't upset you. "Are you sure you're going to be ok with a man other than the doctor and me being in the delivery room?" You shrugged him off. "I'll be fine, Dabi." He huffed. "Fine. I still don't like that doctor." A few minutes later, the doctor returned. Another man stepped in behind him, pausing when he saw you. Dabi looked at him, not saying a word. You bit your lip. 'Well that's a surprise...' The doctor turned to the two of you. "Here he is. All of the coaches that trained him say that he is an excellent option for many patients, but he especially excels with those that carry multiples. He is training with us as a part of his degree, but he is as experienced as he should be for a birthing coach." Dabi looked at the other man in the room. 'Who would've thought...' The doctor continued. "You will mostly see him from the 8th to 9th month of pregnancy in order to go over your hospital plan. This is to ensure no confusion from either party." You rested your hands on your stomach. "Thank you, Doctor. Would you mind introducing us?" The doctor smiled. "Oh, of course." The doctor ushered the younger man to stand next to him as he introduced him. You held back a smile. 'The league's going to get a kick out of this.' The doctor spoke.

"Thisis Natsuo Todoroki. He's currently training under us as a part of his medicalwelfare degree program."