Chapter Forty-Four

The house fell silent as everyone fell asleep. It was only hours later when you woke up due to the twins crying. You got up and went over to them, picking them up and rocking them. You attempted to sooth them, but they only cried more. You checked their diapers and attempted to feed them, but they continued to cry. You sighed, trying to hold back your emotions as your quirk exemplified them. 'I don't know what to do...' You slightly jumped as arms wrapped around your waist. You looked over your shoulder to see Dabi. You turned to him. "You need to lay down. Three of your ribs are fractured and I had to give you stitches on your side." He shook his head. "(Y/n), I'm fine. Let me see Touya and Kazue." You hesitated. "Are you sure you can hold them?" He nodded. "Yes. We need to quiet them down before they wake up everyone else." You handed the twins over to Dabi and they immediately went quiet. Dabi sat on the edge of the bed, slightly wincing as he did so.

You sighed. "They missed you..." Dabi slightly leaned against you. "I missed them and you." After a few minutes, the twins fell back asleep in Dabi's arms. You placed them back on their bedding before helping Dabi back into the bed and lying down. You moved closer to him. "I was so worried about you when they brought you in like that." Dabi turned his head in your direction. "I wasn't about to let him get to you or our kids. And if it takes me dying, then so be it." You took a breath to calm yourself. "I can't imagine raising the twins without you. I nearly freaked out earlier." He kissed your forehead. "Well, I'm here now. And that's all that matters." The two of you laid in silence for a while before you spoke again. "Since the base was burned down, Hawks offered to let us stay at his place. And he'll take care of things like clothes and all that." Dabi scoffed. "And you agreed to that?" You nodded. "Yes. And just like I told Shigaraki, I am not risking the twins' health just because you don't want to stay there."

Dabi groaned. "I just don't like him. I've seen the way he looks at you." You paused in confusion, completely lost from Dabi's words. You took a moment to process his words before speaking. "What do you mean? He's just a friend." Dabi ignored your question. "Still. But I'll get over it for the twins' sake." The two of you fell asleep and the house fell silent again. The twins stayed asleep for the remainder of the night, letting you catch up on your sleep.

...

Everyone ate breakfast and cleaned up from the night before. Aizawa and Eri saw you off before you all left to Hawks' penthouse. Aizawa spoke to you. "Stay safe. When you're ready to shop for the wedding, give me a call." You nodded. "I will." Eri beamed. "Bye!" The walk to Hawks' house was short and uneventful. Once they arrived, you knocked on the door. A few minutes later, Hawks answered. "Hey. Come on in." Everyone headed into the living room and sat down. Hawks came in a few minutes after with a laptop in his hands and two feathers behind him holding a notepad and a pen. He sat down in front of everyone. "Alright, today we're going to order clothes and other basic things you might need. (Y/n), I've already ordered some cribs and stuff like that." You spoke. "Thank you." Everyone crowded around the laptop, ordering different articles of clothing. You made Dabi join them as you tended to the twins. Hawks slipped out of the room and gestured for you to follow him. 'What is he doing?' You puts the twins into their baskets and quietly followed after Hawks. The two of you stood in the hallway outside the room, looking at each other. You spoke quietly. "What?" He hesitated. "...I need to get something off my chest. I've actually been thinking about this for a while now..." You rose a brow. "Thinking?" He continued. "Before everything happened with the twins...I really liked you. But then they came along and-" A voice came from behind you, cutting him off. "You realized you didn't stand a chance?" You whirled around. "Dabi!"

Hawks interrupted you. "No, (Y/n). He's right. I can tell that you love him and that he loves you back. Who am I to get between that? I just needed to tell you so that I could get it off my mind." You smiled. "I appreciate your honesty, Hawks. Friends...?" He nodded. "Friends. And call me Keigo." The three of you headed back to the living room, you making Dabi rest because of his injuries. After a few minutes, the laptop got passed to you. You bought some new clothes for yourself and picked out some outfits for Dabi. Dabi spoke up from next to you. "We're going to need a whelping box and blankets and stuff for Nyx and the pups." You nodded. "I was just thinking about that." Soon, the topic switched to Nyx and the puppies. Hawks put down some food and water for the dogs before turning to the group. "What are you going to do with the puppies?" Dabi shrugged. "Who knows. We'll have to make sure they're healthy before we do anything with them."

Nyx walked over and laid between the twins' baskets. After everyone ordered their stuff, Hawks flipped open the notepad and clicked the pen. "So, are you all still going to stay villains or have you thought about our offer?" Everyone looked at each other, unsure of what to say. They could all tell that this is a big opportunity but it scared them. Shigaraki sighed. "No one's going to believe us if we say we're not villains anymore." Toga looked down dejectedly. "They'll be mean to us...like before..." Hawks looked at them. "Society has changed. I can explain the new system if you want to give society a second chance?"