Chapter Forty-Two

The next morning, you woke up bright and early due to the twins' crying. Once you got to the nursery, you found Rei trying to calm them. "Good morning, Rei. I'm sorry if they woke you." She waved off your apology. "Good morning. And don't apologize, dear. I know you could use they help." You sat in the chair between the cribs and started feeding the twins. Rei put a light blanket over your front and waited for you to finish feeding the babies. After 10 minutes, the babies finished and Rei helped with changing their diapers and dressing them. As she did so, you decided to ask her. "Can I talk to you about something?" She smiled. "Of course." You sighed. "Well, last night, Kazue and Touya activated their quirks. Touya singed the corner of his crib while Kazue made the wood on a corner of his frostbitten." Rei nodded in understanding. "I see. You'll just have to do what I did. For Shoto, since he was half fire and half ice, he would overheat if we swaddled him, so at night, we'd leave a small heater in his nursery. And when he started teething, we bought a small water filled teether that he would freeze and unfreeze as he chewed on it."

You hummed. "We'll have to quirkproof the nursery then." Dabi joined the two of you in the nursery 10 minutes later. You all headed downstairs. Rei started on breakfast and you watched as Dabi held Kazue. Both of the twins looked just like Dabi, but like Shoto, Touya had heterochromia. He had one blue eye from Dabi and one (eye color) eye from you, but his hair was white. Touya had his father's eyes and red hair. After a few more minutes, everyone else came downstairs and sat at the table. As they waited for Rei to finish cooking, the door to the base opened. Shigaraki came in, followed by Nyx and Apollo. Nyx had bandaging around her ribs and a cast on her front leg. "We're back. And the vet gave me some news." You looked over. "Is Nyx ok?" He nodded. "She'll be fine in a month, but that's not the problem." Dabi spoke up. "Then what is it?" Shigaraki laughed. "It looks like Apollo is taking after you, Dabi." You tilted your head. "What?" Dabi groaned. "Don't tell me..."

Shigaraki nodded. "Nyx is expecting three puppies because of Apollo." You smiled tiredly. "Looks like we'll have more mouths to feed." Dabi sighed. "The little sh*ts." You rested a hand on his arm. "She'll be fine. She's Shigaraki's baby." Nyx and Apollo approached you, who was holding Touya. The two carefully sniffed him and looked at you. You smiled. "Nyx, Apollo, meet Touya..." Touya whined slightly as his tiny hands opened and closed. Nyx sat and watched him. Touya's small hand landed on Nyx's muzzle and he impulsively held it. Nyx stayed still, not moving until he let her go. Apollo had gone over to Dabi to look at Kazue. Dabi slightly lowered Kazue to Apollo's level. Apollo tilted his head as he examined Kazue. He shuffled forward a bit and then sat. He leaned his head forward, softly nuzzling the baby before pulling away.

Toga smiled. "Aww! How cute." You looked down at the planner on the table. "At least the puppies will be here right in time for the wedding." Toga smiled wider. "Twice and I can crochet some little bows and ties for them!" Just then, your phone started to ring. You held Touya with one arm and answered your phone with the other. "Hello?" Aizawa's voice came from the other end of the line. "(Y/n), you and the rest of the league need to leave the base. Now." Your brow furrowed. "Why? What's going on?"

Aizawa explained. "When Endeavor was interrogated, he told them where the league was in exchange for his release. They released him and now, he plans to destroy the base and every villain inside. He along with a group of other pro heroes are on their way to the base." You huffed. "Damn it...Ok. Thanks for warning us." Aizawa hummed. "You're welcome. Hawks is trying to divert them, but it's not working." You swore under your breath. "Ok. We'll call you when we get to somewhere safe." You hung up the phone and turned to the rest of the league. You adjusted Touya in your arms and spoke. "We have to leave the base. Endeavor gave away our location in exchange for his release and now he's coming here with more pro heroes. They're going to destroy the base and us if we don't leave." Dabi stood. "Sh*t. Alright, you take the kids and dogs. My mom will go with you." You paused. "What about the rest of you?" Dabi shook his head. "He isn't coming here for us. He's coming for Touya and Kazue. So he'll have to go through me to get to them."

Shoto stood next to him. "He'll have to get through all of us." Shigaraki nodded. "And we aren't going down without a fight." Rei helped you get a bag together for the babies. You put the babies in the baskets from the hospital and as you put Kazue down, your phone rang again. You answered it. Hawks' voice came from the receiver. "(Y/n), you need to get out now. They'll be there any minute. Eraserhead is on his way to try and stop them, but you have to go." You replied. "We're going. I just put the twins into the baskets. We-" He interrupted you. "It's the twins Endeavor's after. If you leave with them, he'll only follow you." Your voice raised slightly. "Then what do you want me to do, Hawks? I'm not leaving them behind!" Hawks spoke calmly. "You need to listen to me. A few miles from the base is a park with a little bridge. Take the babies there and leave them under the bridge. Eraserhead and I will go get them. I promise you they'll be safe." You hesitated. "..." Hawks called out to you. "(Y/n)!" You sighed. "Fine. Just...keep them safe."

You hung up and relayed the plan to Rei. Just as you finished, Toga entered the room. She looked nervous. "They're here! Kurogiri is ready to open the portal." You turned to her. "We're ready." The three of you head back downstairs. Everyone is tense and they can hear the approaching pro heroes. Kurogiri opened the portal and Dabi approached you. He kissed you before kneeling down to the baskets. He kissed each baby's forehead before re-covering them with their blankets. "I love you. Be careful." Dabi turned to the rest of the league. They all were ready to fight. He shook his head. "This is my battle. Go with (Y/n)." Shoto hesitated. "Bu-" Dabi cut him off. "Go." Unwillingly, everyone started walking through the portal. You picked up one basket as Rei picked up the other. As you all walked through the portal, the door busted open. Kurogiri closed the portal just as blue flames lit the room up.

Kurogiri's portal had taken them all to the outside of the alleyways. You turned to the group and spoke. "Go to (random address). It's Aizawa's house. If a purple haired boy answers, tell him I sent you. He'll let you in." You took the other basket from Rei and headed the opposite way, ignoring the calls and barks behind you. You could see smoke rising from the base as you passed the alleys. The twins cried, frostbite spreading up one basket as small flames spread up the other. After 10 minutes, you arrived at the park. You hurried to the bridge and went under it. The twins began to fall asleep, their cries subsiding. You hid the baskets in the shadows, going silent as voices reached your ears. "I saw her go this way. She can't be far." You picked up a rock and tossed it away from the bridge. Footsteps immediately went to where the rock landed. After a few minutes, the footsteps start to fade. "All along...He was Touya...It doesn't matter anymore. He couldn't escape death a second time and I made sure of that..." The footsteps completely faded and there was nothing but silence. You waited a few minutes, clearing the frost and burnt blackness off the baskets before kissing the twins on their heads and disappearing into the shadows.