Chapter Thirty-One

After Rei got comfortable with the league, they moved her into her own room. She mothered everyone and cooked and cleaned for them. She also helped you and taught you certain things for the babies. However, outside of the league, things were not going well.

...

The sun shone and warmed the wood of a finely made oak desk. A man stood in front of a large glass window, looking over the city as he spoke on the phone. "They're in good health? You're absolutely certain?" Another voice responded from the receiver. "Yes. They'll be due in four and a half months." The man's expression hardened and he approached the desk. "Hm...make sure they stay healthy." The man hung up the phone and turned back towards the large glass window. He looked out over the city, eyes scanning the horizon.

'She may be carrying a villain's children, but if I remove him, they'll have no choice but to come to me. Rei and Shoto shouldn't be a problem. They don't have the guts to face me. The failures end with them.'

'Takibi and Kasai...'

...

You and Rei stood in the nursery, folding and putting away various clothes that Toga and Twice had made. Rei put away the last article of clothing and turned to you. "We should head downstairs. I have to start lunch for everyone." You nodded. "Sounds good." The two of you headed downstairs and Rei flipped the tv on before starting on lunch. You took a seat at the bar and watched the tv. The news was playing.

"This just in, some villains have attacked near UA. Pro heroes Endeavor and Hawks are currently on the scene!"

You watched as Endeavor cornered Toga and Shigaraki. Shigaraki stood in front of Toga, trying to look threatening despite his appearance. Suddenly, an ice barrier covered them from sight. The camera panned to Shoto standing next to Dabi. The news reporter continued.

"Endeavor's son, Shoto Todoroki, joined the villains weeks ago. Has he really gone against his own father? It looks like-Oh my god!"

Endeavor set his sights on Dabi. Dabi sent out a large flame attack which Shoto combines with his own to make it even larger. The dust clears and Endeavor only shakes his head. "This is the end for you, Dabi." He hits Dabi with a large flame attack. Shoto is able to cover himself with an ice barrier but Dabi isn't so lucky. The smoke clears and Dabi lays on the ground, glaring at him. No one moves. You turn away from the tv to look at Rei. "Rei! I have to get down there!" Rei came out of the kitchen, wiping her hands with a dish towel. "I think they left the van. We might be able to make it." The two of you get in the van and drive to where the attack is. Once the two of you get there, you rush to Dabi, kneeling over him to shield him. He tries to push you away. "(Y/n), get out of here!" You shook your head as you held him tighter. "No! I will not let you die!"

Endeavor watched the two of you, a plan forming in his mind. He took a step forward, but you immediately glared at him. He stayed where he was as he spoke to you. "Calm down. I have an offer for you." You growled. "I've already told you no! How many more times must I say it?!" You watched in silence as he approached you. You stood, blocking him from getting to Dabi. He whispered in your ear.

"Come with me and I'll let them all go. I'll even let Rei go with them. Refuse and...I'll have no choice to but arrest them and send them to Tartarus. They'll be sentenced to death for their crimes. Including Shoto."

You looked at Dabi and then at the rest of the league and Rei. They all watched you, waiting for you to do something. You sighed and looked at Endeavor. "Fine. I'll go with you, but you let them go." Endeavor nodded. "Done." Dabi struggled to stand as spoke. "(Y/n), no! Don't!" Twice and Mr. Compress grab Dabi and tug him back towards Kurogiri's portal. Shoto glares at Endeavor as Toga pulls him into the portal. Dabi tries to get out of their grip, but stops as you shake your head. Shigaraki sighs and walks through the portal. As it closes behind him, you bow your head. Rei hesitates before getting in the van and driving off. You mutter to yourself. "Goodbye..."

Soon, everyone cleared out of the area, leaving the street empty. Hawks flew down to the two of you. "Wow, Endeavor. Low blow." Endeavor snapped at the winged man. "Quiet, Hawks. Now..." Endeavor turned to you, his gaze pausing on your stomach. "We'll be heading home. I can't have you on your feet." You kept your gaze on the ground. "..."

Endeavor took you to a large estate and led you to a finely furnished room. "You'll sleep here. With me. In your condition, you aren't fit to sleep alone." You bit your lip, holding back your true thoughts. 'I'd rather die. But if it keeps them safe...' You looked at him. "Fine..." He eyed you. "At least you still have some semblance of obedience. My daughter should be home soon. She'll be bringing new clothes for you. Now, I'll be expecting dinner in an hour. My daughter and son will be dining with us." You nodded and headed to the kitchen. You leaned on the counter, pulling out your cell phone. You frowned as you realized the battery was dead. You put it back in your pocket and decided to start on making dinner. 'Can I just put rat poison in his food? Never mind. I'll just have to plan an escape somehow...' You grabbed some ingredients out of the fridge and started making Unagi (Grilled Eel) with rice and other things. As you cooked, you heard someone enter the kitchen. You turned to see a girl around your age. She looked like Rei and had faint red streaks in her white hair. She spoke. "Oh, hello. You must be father's new wife."

You rose a brow. "Wife?" Fuyumi paused. "Is that not right? He told me that his new wife was coming to live with us. You're so young..." You frowned deeply. "I am not, nor will I ever be that man's wife. It's my children he wants." She bowed her head slightly. "I apologize for his behavior. He is a...forceful man. He tends to do everything he can to get what he wants." You put a hand on her shoulder. "It's not your fault. Dinner should be done in about ten minutes. Could you go tell him please?" She smiled at you. "Of course. Also, Natsuo should be here any time." You set the table and finished preparing everything just as Fuyumi returned with Endeavor. Footsteps also echoed from the foyer, signifying someone's arrival.