Chapter Twenty-Two

You woke up alone the next morning. Dabi was no longer lying next to you. In his place, a note sat on the empty side of the bed. You picked it up and began reading.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning princess. I'll probably be back at the base by the time you read this. Now that you're doing everything for two, no more sparring or training. You can tell me how everything went with the birdbrain when I come by tonight. If you need anything, call me. I love you.

-Dabi

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You got dressed for the day and grabbed your phone, dialing Hawks' phone number. After a few rings he picked up. "Hey. How's the little one?" You rested a hand on your stomach and sighed. "We're doing fine. When are you coming?" Some shuffling came from his end. "I'm on my way now. I'll see you in five minutes. But, um...I might've messed up..." You frowned. "What did you do?" Hawks chuckled nervously. "So, someone overheard our conversation yesterday. They asked me about the baby's potential quirk and I lied because I didn't know what to say..." You groaned in annoyance. "What did you say?" He hesitated for a few seconds. "...I, um, said it could be a really strong fire quirk..." You pinched the bridge of your nose in annoyance. 'Well, technically, that's not a lie..' You sighed. "Ok, so how did you mess up exactly?" His voice got quieter as he explained. "Because I said 'fire', they're really interested in meeting you..."

Your frown deepened. "And what did you say?" Hawks paused. "...I told them that I would see if you were available." You snapped at him. "You're an idiot! Just...we'll talk about this later." You hung up the phone and headed downstairs, finding Eri and Aizawa eating breakfast. Aizawa turned to you. "Good morning." Eri smiled up at you. "Morning!" You sat at the table, looking at the two. "Morning. After we eat, we need to talk." Breakfast went by rather quickly and the three of you headed into the living room, sitting on the sofa. Aizawa looked at you, slightly concerned. "Is this about what happened yesterday?" You nodded. "Yes, but-" You were cut off by a knock on the door." You quickly stood. "I'll get that." You went and answered the door, letting Hawks in. The two of you went back to the sofa and sat down. Aizawa looked at Hawks before looking back at you. "Why is he here?" You looked at Hawks before taking a deep breath. You spoke. "Well...I'm pregnant-" You jumped slightly as Aizawa's voice rose as he spoke.

"(Y/n), you're only twenty years old! What the hell were you thinking?!"

Hawks placed a hand on your shoulder before looking over at Aizawa. "Hey, Eraser, calm down. She knows what she's doing." Aizawa turned to him, glaring. "Is she pregnant with your baby?" Hawks hesitated. "...Yes." Aizawa snapped at him. "Hawks, you're a pro hero for god's sake! How are you even going to take care of a baby when you're not even around?!" Hawks sighed at his words. "Just trust me, Eraser. She and the baby will be fine with me."

You looked down. "We just wanted to tell you...I mean, this is your grandchild..." You looked up as you felt Aizawa's hand on your shoulder. "I'm sorry for overreacting. I'm just worried about you. But if you need anything, I'm here for you." You held back the urge to shove his hand off. "Thank you...father." Eri jumped up from her spot on the sofa and went over to you, placing her small hands on your belly. "There's a baby in there?" You smiled at her. "Yeah. A little baby." You turned to Hawks. "Thank you for being here. You can go on your way. I'll call you later." Hawks left a few minutes later and Aizawa put Eri down for a nap, before coming back downstairs. "So I've done some thinking and I don't want you home alone in your condition." You rose a brow. "Oh?" He continued. "You'll be coming with me to UA Monday through Friday and you'll spend the weekends here." You nodded as you headed towards the stairs. "Fine. I'm going to rest." You went up to your room and laid on the bed, staring at the ceiling. 'I should call Hawks. I told him I would anyways...' You pulled up Hawks' contact and called him. It rang for a few seconds before he picked up. "Hey. So have you decided if you're going to come meet the person I was telling you about?" You rolled your eyes. "Might as well get it over with. When do they want to meet up?"

Shuffling came from the other end of the line. "Um...hang on..." You could hear Hawks and another person muttering back and forth before Hawks came back on the line. "Tomorrow at noon." You huffed. "Fine. But you're taking me." He groaned. "Whatever you say." You hung up and tossed your phone to the side. You gazed at the closet across the room. 'I've got nothing better to do. Might as well look for an outfit...' You spent a few hours lazily looking through the closet, spending half the time on your phone. You eventually find a decent outfit and lay it across your desk chair for the next day. You collapse on the bed and fall asleep, a wave of drowsiness washing over you.

****************************************************************You stood in the bar at the league's base. Your stomach was larger and more noticeable, as if a couple of months had passed. Dabi was pacing back and forth in front of you, his expression stressed. "We can't do this, (Y/n). I can't." You froze, your eyes wide. "What? What do you mean? We were-!" He cut you off. "Doing this together? Not anymore. Shigaraki wants you out. And like I said, I can't do this." You frowned; your eyes narrowed. "Fine! I don't need you anyways!"

Then, the scene changed.

Aizawa glared at you, his eyes filled with nothing but hate and disdain. "You aren't welcome here anymore. Not after this." You tilted your head in confusion. "What?" His glare became sharper. "You're one of them. A villain. And to top it off, you're carrying villain spawn! Leave!" You bit your lip. "B-But-!" He cut you off, his eyes glowing red from his quirk. "Leave!"

The scene changes to your bathroom. You look in the mirror, seeing your reflection. Your stomach was still larger than it had been. A sudden burning sensation filled your wrist. Your reflection's wrist was bloody and sliced up. You gripped the counter with your working wrist as the sensation traveled through your body. The sensation stops over your stomach. A scream drags its way out of your throat as you collapse to the ground.

****************************************************************

You woke up to the sound of someone calling your name. The rough voice echoed in your ears. "(Y/n)! Princess! Wake up!" You sat up slowly. "I-I'm awake..." He looked at you, slightly concerned. "What were you screaming about? Are you alright?" You gently gripped his arm. "It was just a nightmare. I'm fine now." Dabi took you into his arms, holding you close. The two of lay together in silence, not saying a word. Your thoughts were still focused on the dream. You looked at Dabi. "Dabi...You're not going to leave us, right...?" Dabi was silent for a few seconds.

"..."

He pulled you into his chest. "Of course not, princess. I told you I'd support you, didn't I?" You rested your head on his chest. "Y-Yeah..." He ran a hand through your hair. "Don't stress yourself, princess. It's not good for the kid. We can talk if you don't want to sleep." You yawned, pulling more of the blanket onto your body. "It's fine. I'm still tired."

Withthat, the two of you fell asleep, holding each other. But this time, Dabicouldn't bring himself to touch your stomach without feeling the guilt poolingin his own.