Chapter Thirteen

Dabi hadn't left his room since you left the base. The rest of the league decided to leave him alone, occasionally hearing loud thuds from his room along with the smell of cigarettes.

Dabi sat on his bed, a lit cigarette sitting between his fingers. He hadn't smoked since Eri came into the picture. It was just a cigarette, but she didn't need to be around it. His mind was raging with countless thoughts and feelings about what he did. His hand found its way into his hair, gripping it. 'She looked at me...like my mother looked at him...'

...

14 years ago

A younger Touya sits on the floor, cradled in the arms of his mother as she tries to calm the man in front of her.

"He's just a child! How can you be so cruel?!"

Endeavor crossed his arms, staring down at the fragile women in front of him. He would not let her ruin this, "I know what is best for him. He must train to become #1 and carry on my legacy. He cannot fall behind the competition!" Rei held her son closer, feeling the roughness of his bandages brushing against her skin, "He can barely stand. He needs to rest!" Endeavor narrowed his eyes at the two before focusing back on Rei's slightly shaking form, "No! My child will not be a weakling!"

Endeavor goes to grab Touya from Rei. She puts herself in front of Touya, her eyes focusing on Endeavor. Everything goes so quickly, leaving Touya to watch the aftermath. Endeavor grabs Rei by the wrist and tosses her to the side. Rei hits the ground with a thud, then sits up.

Unbeknownst to the three, Natsuo and Fuyumi were watching from the doorway. Rei looked at Endeavor, her eyes a mix of fear, sadness, and guilt. Endeavor grabs Touya and starts tugging him out of the room as the small boy calls out to his mother. Rei still sat on the ground, cradling her wrist.

Touya never forgot the look his mother gave his father. It always stuck with him, locked in the back of his mind. It haunted him...

...

Dabi snapped out of his thoughts when the burning end of the cigarette touched his flesh. 'I need to go find her and the kid. It's too quiet without them.' Dabi puts out the cigarette and leaves his room. He heads to your room and knocks on the door, but there's no answer, "Maybe they're in the bar..." Dabi heads into the bar, only to find Shigaraki sitting by himself, writing out new plans and missions. Dabi walked over to the bar, taking a seat next to him, "Hey, where's (Y/n) and the kid?"

Shigaraki looked over at him, "Not here, and I'm not telling you where they went." Dabi frowned, "I need to talk to her. I already know I f*cked up, ok?" Shigaraki scoffed at him, "Yeah, you did. Anyways, she didn't tell me where she was going. She just said that she would call if she needed anything." Dabi sighed in annoyance, "I'm going to look for them. I'll be back." Dabi stood and left the bar, beginning his search for you and Eri.

...

You sighed as you held the phone to your ear, "I just need somewhere to stay for a few days. That's all." Hawks hummed, "You hate me, but you want to stay at my place?" You huffed, "I really don't have any other option." Hawks sighed, "Can you tell me what happened?" You bit your lip, not really wanting to tell him, "Not right now." Hawks shuffled around on the other end, "Once you get here, you're telling me. I'll send you the address after this." You looked towards the bed, seeing Eri sleeping peacefully, "Alright. I'll see you tomorrow." You hung up the phone and got in bed, quickly falling asleep due to your exhaustion.

You woke up the next morning to Eri nudging your arm, "It's time to wake up." You slowly got up and ruffled Eri's hair, "I'm up. Go get dressed, sweetie. We're going to meet someone." Eri jumped out of bed, "Ok!" Eri goes and gets ready while you get their bags ready and get dressed. After 30 minutes, the two of you leave the hotel. You put the address Hawks gave you into your phone's GPS and follow the directions. After a while, the two of you arrive at a secluded penthouse. You knock on the door and a few seconds later, Hawks answers it, "You're finally here. Come in." Hawks leads you two to a guest bedroom and waits for you to get settled. You set your bags down and hand Eri her stuffed bunny, "There you go sweetie. You stay here while we talk, ok?" Eri nodded and started to play with her bunny as you and Hawks left the room.