Chapter Forty-Three

You arrived at Aizawa's house 30 minutes after leaving the park. You stepped inside and headed to the living room. Everyone was sitting on the sofa or chairs. They took notice of you. Rei spoke first. "Where are the twins?" Toga gasped. "Did Endeav-" You cut her off. "No. Hawks and Aizawa are bringing them. I had to hide them from Endeavor." After an hour, the front door opened and closed. Footsteps approach the living room and Aizawa enters, holding both baskets. "Is everyone alright?" You nodded. "We're fine. Are my babies alright?" Aizawa put the baskets down in front of you. "They're alright. They were sleeping when we got them." Then, you asked the dreaded question. "Where's Dabi? Endeavor knows that Dabi is Touya and he said that Dabi's..." Aizawa sighed. "(Y/n), Dabi is-" The front door opened again and Hawks' voice called out. "Eraser, a little help here?" Aizawa headed towards the door. "I'm coming."

After he disappeared around the corner, the two reappeared, carrying a heavily injured Dabi in their arms. Aizawa huffed. "Let's get him upstairs." The two take him upstairs and come back a few minutes later. You looked at the two, worry evident in your eyes. Aizawa started to explain the situation. "Alright, so, the entire base was burned to the ground. There's nothing left. We scavenged the area, but there was nothing retrievable." Hawks continued. "There is some good news though. Since no villains from the league were captured, Endeavor was taken back into custody under the assumption that he wasn't telling the truth." You questioned them. "What happened to Dabi? Is he ok?" Aizawa shrugged. "We don't know. A fight broke out between Dabi and Endeavor right after the heroes arrived. It was brutal from what Hawks said." Hawks nodded. "Yeah. Dabi fought like a cornered animal. But he wasn't scared. If anything, he was angry. And it was when Endeavor tried to go after you that Dabi got injured."

Aizawa continued to tell the story. "Endeavor threw him against a wall and kicked him in the ribs numerous times. When we found him, he was lying in a puddle of his own blood." You stood. "I'm going to check on him." You went upstairs and went into the room they put Dabi in. Dabi was on the bed passed out. His coat was put on the chair and his shirt was discarded along with his boots. Some of the staples on his abdomen had been ripped out and the open areas were bleeding. You continued to assess the other injuries. Blood was dried on the side of his head and his torso was heavily bruised and bloodied. You went into the bathroom and grabbed the first aid kit from under the sink before going back to him. You took a deep breath. "It's been a while. I hope I can do this." You placed your hand on Dabi's forehead and activated your quirk. You used your quirk to block Dabi's pain receptors and started working on his wounds. 'I don't have staples for his side. I'll have to stitch it and get staples later.'

You cleaned and stitched his wound before bandaging his torso. You felt around his rib cage for any fractures or breaks and found 3 fractures. 'If I wrap those up, he could get pneumonia or a collapsed lung. I'll just have to make sure he doesn't move.' You finished up and left some pain killers and water on the nightstand before going downstairs. Everyone watched you expectantly. You sighed. "I cleaned and stitched his wounds. He has three fractured ribs and from the blood on his head, he might have a concussion." The twins began to cry and fuss. You picked them up, rocking them in your arms. Rei and Shoto headed upstairs to watch Dabi. Toga spoke up. "So where are we going to live now?" You looked at her. "We'll find somewhere..." Aizawa cut in. "We've already arranged that." You turned your attention to him. "What do you mean?" Hawks spoke. "You're all going to live with me. It's the last place anyone would be suspicious of."

Shigaraki scoffed at his words. "I'd rather sleep on the streets." Toga sighed. "I just want to go wherever my family's going." You narrowed your eyes at Shigaraki. "Shigaraki, we're going to Hawks' house. In two months, Nyx is having her puppies and we're having the wedding. And I'm not letting my babies get sick because you want to sleep on a park bench." Shigaraki slumped. "Fine." Everyone talked about moving in with Hawks and then realized all of the clothing and other items they were going to need. Aizawa looked at the group. "I think I have some clothes that will fit the older men (Twice and Kurogiri). As for Toga, I think I have some of your old clothes, (Y/n)." Hawks waved his hand dismissively. "Don't worry about it, Eraser. I can spend the money. We'll just have to shop online since they can't go out in public." You nodded to Hawks in thanks. "Thank you, Hawks." He shook his head. "Like I said, it's no problem, kid. Living on the streets isn't easy and these little ones shouldn't have to." Hawks gently runs his thumb against Kazue's head. You started handing Kazue over to him. He tried to decline but ended up with the baby resting in his arms.

Aizawa turned to the others. "Alright, as for sleeping arrangements, there's one bedroom upstairs and this living room. I'll let you all sort that out. (Y/n), I'll set up a bedding area for the twins in your room, with Dabi." You nodded. "Thanks." Everyone starts to decide where they're going to sleep. After a while, the discussion turns into an argument and you decide to intervene. "How about this: Shigaraki, since you don't have your gloves, it would be better for you to sleep on the floor down here. Twice and Mr. Compress will share the couch mattress, Spinner will take the armchair." They agree to your plan and wait for you to finish the rest of your suggestion. You sighed. "As for Rei, Shoto, Kurogiri, and Toga, they're all going to share the bedroom. Now, I'm going to bed, so you should too." You took the twins upstairs to your bedroom and fed them before putting them on the bedding Aizawa set up and getting into the bed next to Dabi. You grasped his hand as you watched his chest rise and fall.

"I love you, Dabi. Please wake up soon..."