Chapter Thirty

The nurses rolled you back into the room you came from. Dabi stood from his seat, looking at the doctor. "What's going on? Is she alright?" The doctor was silent as he pulled up the ultrasound and heartbeats on the monitor the nurses wheeled in. "...You might want to hear this. We were all very taken aback." The doctor played the heartbeats. The minute the noise reached Dabi's ears, small trails of blood rolled down his cheeks. He looked at the doctor, trying to keep the rest of his emotions in check. "They're alive...?" The doctor nodded. "We believe so. We were also to detect some movement as well. We want to run a few more tests to ensure the rest of the pregnancy will be safe." You turned to the doctor. "Do whatever you have to." The doctor ran many tests and after a few hours, he returns with the final results. "So, from our results, the fetuses are indeed alive and receiving normal blood flow. However, they are a bit weak from a lack of nutrients. A normal, vitamin supplemented diet should fix that." Dabi tilted his head. "What caused the miscarriage? Or their heartbeats to disappear?" The doctor looked down at his clipboard. "From the test, we were able to determine that they miscarriage occurred due to quirk overuse." Dabi rose a brow. "Quirk overuse? But she hasn't been using her quirk at all."

The doctor sighed. "Yes, well, this is where things get strange. One of the tests revealed that one of the fetuses has started developing it's quirk in the womb. It has a quirk similar to Ms. Aizawa's." You looked at him. "Will they be ok?" The doctor looked at you. "Yes. Both fetuses should be fine. The miscarriage was a result of the fetus activating it's manifesting quirk. The fetus also extracted energy from its sibling, causing both of them to go into a very deep state of rest." Dabi muttered. "So that's why..." The doctor nodded. "Yes. That is why we could not detect any fetal movement or heartbeats. But now, they are getting back to normal and should be moving around more." You sat up. "Is that all doctor?" He nodded and started walking towards the door. "I believe so. You can get changed out of the scrubs and fill out these forms. Then you're free to go." You changed back into your regular clothes as Dabi filled out the papers. Once you finished, the two of you walked back to the base. The two of you stepped inside, only to find everyone waiting. Shoto looked at the two of you confused. "I don't mean to be insensitive, but why are you smiling?" Shigaraki huffed. "What he said."

You smiled. "They're alive. His kids are fighters!" Toga's expression brightened. "Really?!" Shigaraki chuckled. "Just like their father. Just when you knock him down, he gets back up just to spite you." Twice grabbed Toga's arm. "We need to embroider that on the beanies, Toga!" Dabi wrapped his arms around your waist, holding your stomach. "You can unlock the nursery, Shiggy. We're gonna need it." Shigaraki stood, heading towards the stairs. "Yeah, yeah. By the way...congratulations. It's about time something went your way." Shigaraki went and unlocked the door to the nursery. The room hadn't been entered since the day Shigaraki locked it. Some light dust had collected in places, but everything was still in place. The two of you entered the nursery. Dabi left your side to look at the mobiles above the cribs. The blue flames had burned out, leaving the stained-glass coverings empty. He unhooked them from the ceiling and removed each glass covering before re-lighting each wick. He rested his left hand on your stomach as he lit the wicks with his right. You jumped as you felt the babies kick. Dabi looked at you. "Are you alright?" You smiled softly. "Yeah. Feel my stomach." Dabi felt your stomach, very lightly using his quirk as warmth. He felt a very light tap where his hand rested. You looked at him. "They're kicking." Dabi finished lighting the rest and put the coverings back on before hanging each of the mobiles back up.

You looked around the room. "The nursery's complete but..." Dabi spoke up. "It feels like it's missing something?" You nodded. "Yeah, but I'll think about it later." The two of you took one last look at the nursery before heading downstairs. Everyone celebrated over a dinner of takeout. You were still distracted by what was missing. After dinner, the two of you went up to Dabi's room and laid down. You spoke quietly. "I was thinking...we should tell your mom." Dabi looked at you. "If that's what you want, princess. I was thinking about asking her something anyways." You hummed. "What did you want to ask her?" He hesitated. "Well..." You rested your head on his chest. "What is it? You can tell me." He sighed. "I want her to live with us." You smiled. "That sounds nice. She'd be a huge help." Dabi agreed. "Yeah. I'll have to get Shoto to tell me the schedule mom's on, so we can go visit her." After a while, the two of you headed downstairs to find Shoto. Dabi asked him about the schedule and the two of you decided to see her tomorrow.

...

The next morning, you smiled as Dabi spoke with Rei. Rei smiled at the news. "I'm glad, Touya. I can't wait to meet my grandsons." You rested your hands on your stomach. "We know you'll be the best grandmother." Dabi looked at her. "That reminds me. I need to ask you something." Rei turned to him. "Yes?" Dabi turned his gaze to the window. "We want you to come live with us. Will you?" Rei smiled and laughed. "So you're going to break me out of here?" Dabi grinned. "If you want to come with us." Rei nodded, her smile growing. "Let's go home, Touya." The three of you waited until the nurses cleared out of the hall and Dabi signaled Kurogiri to open a portal. It opened and the three of you stepped through it. Dabi turned to Rei. "Welcome home. Shoto should be back soon." Everyone got introduced to Rei before she sat and enjoyed some tea with Kurogiri. Shoto returned 30 minutes later. He stopped in the doorway, looking at the kettle. Dabi looked back and forth for a few seconds before realizing. He started to snicker, causing Shoto to glare at him. Dabi held back more laughter as he turned to his mother. "Mom...the kettle." Rei put a hand over her mouth, grabbing the tea kettle and putting it back under the bar. She turned back to Shoto.

"Oh!I'm sorry."