Chapter Forty-Nine

It's the day of the wedding. Everyone was rushing around, making sure everything was perfect. The girls were helping you get ready while Aizawa was helping the boys. Toga was doing your hair and makeup. "You're going to look absolutely amazing! Dabi will be so surprised!" You caught glimpses of the others as they moved about the room. They were dressed for the wedding, making sure nothing was out of place. Toga had her hair down and curled with one side pulled back by a hairpin she got from Shoto and paired her dress with some silver flats. Midnight has her hair pulled back in a bun with two strands loose and slightly curled and chose to wear some silver pumps. Rei had left her hair down and slightly curled the ends. She paired her dress with a pair of low slingback heels. Eri had Toga do a waterfall braid for her and also wore flats.

Toga pulled back. "And done!" You took a deep breath and looked in the mirror. Toga had done quite a good job. You stood and hugged Toga. "Thank you." She smiled. "It's the least I can do. Oh! I have to get Nyx and the puppies!" Midnight spoke from the other side of the room. "I also put a surprise in your bags for the honeymoon!" You looked away, flustered. "Auntie!" There was a knock on the door and Aizawa's voice called out. "It's almost time, ladies. We're getting Apollo finished up, so you'll need to do Nyx and the puppies." Toga let Nyx and the puppies into the room. She quickly got them into their little outfits. Nyx's puppies, two girls and a boy, were born right in time. The girls took after Nyx while the boy took after Apollo.

Rei put a hand on your shoulder. "You look beautiful, dear. Are you ready?" You took a deep breath. "I...I think so." Toga handed Eri the basket of flower petals. They all made small talk as they waited. 20 minutes later, there was another knock on the door. "We're ready." You nervously followed everyone out to the room just before the actual wedding room. Aizawa approached you. "I never thought I'd see this day. You look gorgeous." You smiled. "Thanks dad..." Aizawa chuckled. "Dabi was very nervous. I had to disable his quirk so that he wouldn't burn any more flowers." Everyone got into their pairs to get ready to walk down the aisle. Rei went with Kurogiri, Midnight went with Shigaraki, and Toga walked alone since she was the maid of honor. Everyone lined up and waited nervously. You linked arms with Aizawa and held your bouquet. Five minutes later, the music started and the doors opened. The pairs went first, followed by Toga. Eri walked forward with Nyx and Apollo on her sides and the puppies in front of them.

You took a deep breath and began to walk down the aisle. The wedding was quite small and personal. Hawks, Miruko, and some other pro heroes were invited. Aizawa let Class 1-A come since they grew attached to you. Fuyumi and Natsuo sat in the front, holding Touya and Kazue. You locked eyes with Dabi. His scarring was gone as the doctor had said and he had taken the black dye out of his hair. He looked so handsome. You reached the altar and Aizawa handed you off to Dabi. Dabi slightly smiled at you as you both turned to face the officiant, who was AllMight.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate one of life's greatest moments: the joining of two hearts and to give recognition to the worth and beauty of love, and to add our best wishes to the words which shall unite this couple in marriage."

Some quiet sniffles and murmurs came from the audience. 1-A was a mix of murmuring, sniffling, and happiness while on the pro hero side, Aizawa was keeping Mic from killing everyone's eardrums. Fuyumi was dabbing at her eyes with a tissue while Natsuo smiled proudly.

"Should there be anyone who has cause why this couple should not be united in marriage, speak now or forever hold your peace."

No one said a word. Everyone relaxed and the ceremony carried on peacefully.

"Today we have come together to witness the joining of these two lives. For them, out of the routine of ordinary life, the extraordinary has happened. They met each other, fell in love, and are finalizing it with their wedding. A good marriage must be created. It is never being too old to hold hands. It's remembering to say I love you every day and it is not just marrying the right person. It's being the right partner."

AllMight pauses in his words and looks at the two. He smiles. "Your vows?" Dabi grabbed your hand and intertwined your fingers together. He spoke.

"(Y/n)...Never in a million years did I expect to be standing here with you. I had thought that I was unlovable, because that is what I grew up to believe. But you came into my life and despite all the things I've done...You stayed. You stayed and loved me. You held me and made me realize that life is worth it as long as I have you. You've given me so much, and I want to give that back to you. As your husband, I won't abandon you or make you feel unwanted. The flames of my quirk burn for you and they will never stop. I love you."

Everyone awed and you could feel all of their positive emotions. You held back the tears in your eyes as you spoke.

"Dabi...Touya, I could choose no one better to call my husband. Our relationship isn't perfect, but then again, what relationship is? Despite all the problems we've faced, we always came out on top. And so many good things have come from our relationship. We had our twin boys and reunited with our families. We were able to find a different kind of good in the world and make it our own. And as your wife, I want to make sure that you always have that happiness. We'll hold each other on the bad days and celebrate the good ones. And that's all I've ever wanted. I love you, Dabi."

The two of you finished and AllMight flipped to the next page in the book before he began reading. "Dabi, do you take (Y/n) to be your wife?" Dabi smiled. "I do." AllMight repeated the same for you before he gestured towards Shoto for the rings. "Wedding rings are an unbroken circle of love, signifying to all the union of this couple in marriage." Dabi grabbed your ring and held your hand with the other. He spoke. "This ring is my sacred gift, with my promise that I will always love you, cherish you and honor you all the days of my life. And with this ring, I thee wed." He slipped the ring onto your finger. You smiled as you held Dabi's hand and his ring. "This ring is my sacred gift, with my promise that I will always love you, cherish you and honor you all the days of my life. And with this ring, I thee wed." The two of you smiled at each other, the overflowing feelings of happiness overriding all the other emotions your quirk was picking up. AllMight smiled.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride!"

Dabi pulled you into a soft, warm kiss. The two of you pulled away after a few seconds, but stayed in each other's embrace for a few more seconds before turning to the audience. AllMight called out to the audience. "I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Todoroki!" The audience cheered. Nyx and Apollo howled, the puppies following their example. Everyone exited the room and headed to the reception. You and Dabi took a separate car and headed to the reception hall.

Aizawa sighed as class 1-A piled into a bus with Eri, the dogs, and the puppies. They were all excited for the reception. Midnight and Mic were ready to get their drinking game on. Toga nervously sat next to Shoto and Deku on the bus. The bus slowly pulled out of the venue.

Inthe car, Dabi turned to you. "We did it. We're married...I love you." You smiled."I can't believe it. But I'm glad. I love you too."