Chapter Forty

A nurse rushed in with the appropriate tools and gave them to the doctor before leaving. The doctor quickly inserted the catheter and you felt your contractions slightly lessen, but the urge to push was strong. The doctor looked up at you. "Try pushing now. Since the urinary problem has been taken care of, they should start coming." You winced. "T-This h-hurts...!" You felt a slight pressure drop from your stomach and into your pelvis. The doctor looked at you. "One of the babies is crowning. Keep pushing." Natsuo helped coach you through your pushes and after 30 more minutes, a cry filled the room. The crying baby was handed off to a nurse to be cleaned, weighed, and examined. Another pressure settled into your pelvis. The doctor spoke. "Here comes baby #2. Keep going." Dabi spoke as you squeezed his hand. "Come on, princess. You can do this." With a final cry from you, the second baby was delivered. His cries filled the room, but quieted down as the nurses took him to be cleaned and checked as well.

The doctor turned to you. "Once the exams are complete, we will bring them back to you. So rest for now." You laid back against the pillows, panting as you tried to catch your breath. Dabi held your hand as Rei wiped the sweat off your forehead. "You did it..."

...

Further in the hospital, another phone call was taking place. Nothing but questions came from the other end of the line. "Are they healthy? Did the three days of labor take a toll on them in any way?" The other reassured them. "Both babies are in excellent health. I have nurses preparing the baskets as we speak. I should be arriving within the hour." On the other end of the line, the man huffed. "Good. Do not mess this up. I will never get this chance again." There was silence for a moment. "...Yes, sir." The nurses, unaware of the doctor's true plans, placed the babies in the finished baskets. After a few minutes, the doctor arrived and took the baskets. He quickly headed out of the hospital and into a car with two guards. They quickly drove off.

...

As you waited, Rei pondered out loud the question you were all thinking about. "I wonder what's taking them so long...?" Dabi stood from the chair. "I'm going to see if they put them in the nursery. I'll be back." He kissed you on the forehead and headed to the hospital's nursery. The small nursery was completely empty. Dabi turned and stopped a nurse walking through the hall. "My sons were just born. Is there a reason they weren't put in the nursery?" The nurse looks at him, confused. She tilted her head. "They were the newborn twins, correct? The doctor said they were being put up for adoption, so we put them in the baskets and now, the doctor should be taking them to one of the nearby orphanages." Dabi froze. "..." Dabi turned and stormed down the hallway. He passed your room and went into the waiting room where Shoto, Aizawa, and the rest of the league were waiting. "That bast*rd took my sons!" Aizawa approached him. "What happened?!" Dabi's fists clenched. "He was the spy! And I know where he's taking them. So I'm going to get them."

Aizawa nodded. "Then let's go." Shoto approached the two. "I knew something was off, so I had Toga grab Nyx and Apollo from the base. They're waiting outside." The three headed outside and grabbed the dogs from Toga. They hurried through the streets with one location in mind: The Todoroki Estate.

...

The doctor quickly got out of the car and brought the baskets inside. He stopped in the living room where Endeavor waited. Endeavor gestured to the baskets. "Bring them to me." The doctor placed the baskets in front of him and stepped back. Endeavor reached into one of the baskets and pulled out the baby. He held it in his arms, examining it. Suddenly, the baby opened its eyes. Endeavor paused, taking in the appearance. The baby's eyes were a beautiful blue, just like Touya's. He looked at the doctor. "You've done your job well, but...I'm afraid you're no longer useful to me. And I don't keep things I no longer need." Before the doctor could utter a word, a long red feather pierced through his chest. He coughed up blood before collapsing onto the floor and dying. Endeavor turned to his left. "Well done, Hawks." Hawks looked away. "..."

...

The three stopped outside the estate. Aizawa grabbed Dabi as he headed towards the front door. "Wait a minute, firebrand! We can't just run in there." Dabi turned to him, snapping. "Then what do you suppose we do?!" Shoto gestured towards the back of the house. "He never locks the back door, so we can just get in through there." The three make their way to the back door as the dogs follow quietly. They slip inside and head towards the living room. They hide in the shadows and watch. Endeavor looked at Hawks. "I'll have someone dispose of this mess, but for now-" The three came into the living room and Aizawa erased Endeavor's quirk. Shoto focused on Hawks while Dabi put all his attention on Endeavor. "Put my son the f*ck down." Endeavor glared at him. "Watch your tongue. I may not be able to use my quirk, but I can still call some other pro heroes. So, choose wisely before you make your move."

Endeavor put the baby back into the basket before turning back to the trio. Hawks moved the baskets behind himself. Dabi gave a whistle. Endeavor narrowed his eyes. Suddenly, Apollo and Nyx jumped onto Endeavor. They knocked him to the ground, biting and scratching him wherever they could. Aizawa kept his gaze on Endeavor as Shoto and Dabi moved towards Hawks. Hawks looked at the two, quickly pushing the baskets towards them. "Take them. Go!" Dabi grabbed one basket while Shoto grabbed the other. A yelp fills the air as Nyx gets flung into the wall. This spurs Apollo on further, his attacks becoming more aggressive. Aizawa spoke to the two, not taking his eyes off Endeavor. "You two go. I've already called for some other pro's." Dabi nodded. "Ok...Thank you." The two quickly left the house, the sound of Endeavor's yells and Apollo's snarling fading into the distance. The babies began to cry as they arrived back at the hospital. They headed to your hospital room and went inside.

Rei was the first to speak. "What took you so long?" Natsuo cleared his throat. "You two look like crap." Dabi turned to you. "Guess who tried to kidnap our babies?" You sat up quickly. "Are my babies ok?! Let me see them." Rei looked over at Dabi. "Did he do anything to them, Touya?" Dabi shook his head. "They're perfectly safe." Dabi took one of the twins and handed him to you. He then picked up the other and held him. Both babies stopped crying as their parents held them. Rei quietly spoke. "Have you two decided on their names?" You smiled down at the bundle in your arms. "This one will be Kazue..." Dabi hummed as he looked down at his son. "Hm...I think I'll call this little one...Touya." You looked at him. "You want to name him after yourself?" Dabi shook his head. "Not quite after myself, but after the name my mom loved. I can finally put it to good use." Rei wiped away a stray tear. "That's wonderful..." You nodded. "It's wonderful. Touya and Kazue..." The rest of the league squeezed into the room to see the babies. They all took turns holding the babies. You turned to Dabi. "Where's my dad?"

Dabihuffed. "He's dealing with the old bast*rd." The hospital door opened to revealAizawa and Hawks. The two stepped inside and closed the door behind themselves.They looked at the two of you. Aizawa looked at you. "Are they alright?" Yousmiled softly. "Perfectly healthy. My Touya and Kazue..."