Chapter Forty-Five

Shigaraki hesitated. "...Fine." Hawks started explaining. "There's a new rehab program for reformed villains. Once you finish the program, you can choose to live a regular civilian life or receive training to become a pro hero or become a teacher at UA." You spoke. "What about Shoto and Toga? They're still kids. And what about my own kids? Will they take them?" He shook his head. "Toga and Shoto can go back to UA and get their education if they choose to do so. As for the twins, they will get to stay with you. Since your crimes as a criminal are minimal as far as I know, you may finish the program faster." You looked at everyone. "What do you think?" Everyone grouped up away from you, Dabi, Rei, and Hawks. They all whispered to each other for a few minutes before looking back at Hawks. Shigaraki spoke for them. "Fine. But we have one condition." Hawks rose a brow. "Which is?" Toga looked up. "We can't be separated." While Hawks talked with them, you turned to Dabi. You tilted your head. "Are you ok with this?"

Dabi looked at you. "It'll be hard to adjust, but I want the twins to have a normal life." After a few more minutes of talking between Hawks and the group, he starts writing on the notepad. He pauses and looks up at them. "I'll need your birth names, ages, birthdays, and your quirks. This is so we can individualize your rehab programs and see if you have any family in the area." Everyone took turns listing their details, some more surprising than others. After Hawks finished with them, he turned to Dabi. "I already know, but I still need the other details." Dabi sighed. "Touya Todoroki, age 24, I was born on January 18th, and my quirk is cremation." Everyone sat in silence, thinking about the new things they've learned. Hawks nodded and finished his writings. "Ok, tomorrow, we will head down to the center and enroll you all in the program. If the system finds that you have any family in the area, you will be notified and then you can decide if you'd like to see them or not." Everyone nodded and Hawks left the room.

Toga hummed. "Shiggy, Dabi...Nana Shimura and Endeavor. Wow..." Shigaraki shook his head. "It doesn't matter, Toga." Dabi scoffed at him. "Oh don't act like you haven't thought of being that bunny woman's sidekick." Shigaraki put his head down, trying to hide his blush. Everyone tried to hold back their laughter. Eventually, day turned to night, and everyone fell asleep.

...

The next morning, everyone followed Hawks into the Rehab center. AllMight and Aizawa were waiting by the front desk. Hawks stopped in front of them. "Here they are. I've written down their details and as of now, their place of residence is with me. So there will be no need to separate them." Aizawa hummed. "Hm, good. I'll have this entered in the system." AllMight turned to the group. "Follow me, please." AllMight led them all to a large room that seemed to be used for training. He turns to them. "Here we will assess the control and strength of your quirks. There are automatic quirk disabler sensors in this room just in case." He looked over and spotted you and Rei holding the twins. He smiled. "Mrs. Todoroki, you can go with the small ones over there. Ms. Aizawa, those two young ones are yours, right?" You nodded. "Yes, sir." He asked. "And their father?" Dabi spoke up. "Right here." After a few more minutes of speaking, Rei moved to a corner of the room with the twins. AllMight moved a training dummy into the center of the room. "This test is for those with physical quirks. Let's start with..."

...

After that test, AllMight ran them through a few more before leading them all out of the room. They all stopped in a hall lined with doors on either side. "We're going to put you all in separate rooms to ask some questions and then get you started in the program." Rei, Dabi, and Shoto were put in one room, while everyone else was put into a room alone. You sat with the twins, waiting for someone to come in. You held an awake Touya as Kazue slept in his basket. A few minutes later, a familiar woman entered the room. As she caught sight of you, she smiled. She sat down on the chair on the other side of the table. Midnight spoke. "Look at you...with two beautiful twin boys." You smiled. "It's been a while, auntie Nemuri. But I'm back for good this time." She hummed. "We definitely have some catching up to do, but I have to ask you all these program regulated questions, so we'll have to hold off on that..." The two of you get through the questions pretty quickly and talk as you wait for the others to get done. "Who's questioning everyone else?" Midnight looked at a paper she had on the table. "I know Toshinori is questioning the Todoroki's, Aizawa is questioning Toga and Kurogiri, and I thought this was funny, but Miruko is questioning Shigaraki. And then Twice, Mr. Compress, and Spinner are being questioned by Hizashi." You quietly giggled. "I never knew that Shigaraki liked her so much."

After the questioning, everyone was taken back to the training room. They were joined by AllMight, Aizawa, Midnight, and Hawks. AllMight spoke. "You've all been enrolled in our rehab program. You have each been assigned a 'mentor' for the duration of the program. Now..." You nervously stood next to Dabi as AllMight pulled out a list and begins to read. "Dabi will be with Hawks. Hawks will show you the basics of running a hero agency and teach you how to help civilians as a hero." Dabi nodded and AllMight continued to read down the list. "Mrs. Todoroki and Ms. Aizawa will be with Midnight. She will have you as teachers' aids in her classroom at UA." You quietly sighed in relief, thankful that you weren't paired with someone you didn't know. Dabi also looks relieved. AllMight continued. "Twice will also be at UA. He will be with Power Loader, who will teach him how to use his quirk to make the hero costumes and support items more effective as a whole." The rest of the group look at each other, still nervous as they wait for their names to be called. "Mr. Compress and Spinner will go with Present Mic and develop as personalities on his radio broadcast." The two seemed pleasantly surprised. But you knew that Mr. Compress would eat up the spotlight. "Shigaraki has been paired with Miruko. She has requested him as a sidekick in training since she has been doing rescues in urban areas where rubble removal is needed."

Shigaraki tried to hide his blush, but with his pale complexion, he looked as red as a tomato. AllMight finally got to the bottom of the list. "Kurogiri has been put with Aizawa. He will also be a teacher's aide. As for young Shoto and Toga, they will be put into the hero course at UA and will have to report to Nezu every week." Once he was finished, Aizawa spoke. "I believe that's everything. Your mentors will pick you up from Hawks' house in the morning around 8:00. (Y/n), you're allowed to bring the twins with you." After that, everyone headed back to Hawks' house. They all ate dinner tiredly before falling asleep on the couch and armchairs. You smiled tiredly as you fed the twins. Dabi wrapped an arm around you as the twins finished. You looked at him. "How are your ribs and stitches?" He sighed. "I'm fine. I'm used to pain. But you need sleep." You yawned. "I know. I hope tomorrow goes well." He nodded. "Me too, princess..."

Withthat, the house fell silent...