Chapter Nine : Up For The Dramatics

Y/n's POV:

"What?! Oh you've got to be kidding me!" I said angrily and threw the letter onto the table in frustration.

"What's wrong?" Aria asked me.

"You'll never guess who I got as my partner for my Prefect duties!"

"With your luck I'm going to take a wild guess and say...Percy." George said sarcastically.

I sighed deeply and put my head in my hands. "I cannot believe this! Out of all people it just had to be him!"

"Bloody hell, please settle down Y/n! The entire school could hear you." Lee argued.

"Right, sorry. I'm just mad it had to be him. I mean, what are the chances?" I had managed to speak in a relatively calm voice.

"Well... considering you're now the only Slyherin Perfect who didn't back out and Percy is the only other Prefect that wouldn't argue with the teacher about it because he's such a suck up... I'd say pretty high." Fred shrugged.

"Fred Gideon Weasley you are not helping!" I threatened.

"Your middle name is Gideon?!" Lee laughed histerically.

"Now look what you've done!" He grumbled and crossed his arms.

Aria rolled her eyes at their antics and turned to me, saying, "Well, it is only for this year anyway. Besides, if you really can't stand him you could always just go to Dumbledoor or McGonigall about it." She suggested.

"Well, because Dumbledoor still hasn't done anything about the Slytherin's being pricks to me, I'll go to McGonigall." I sighed. "Thank you though." I smiled and turned back to the food on my plate.

I really wasn't looking forward to seeing Percy again and most would think it was just because he was insufferable, and while that was kinda true, it wasn't the main reason.

It was because even though I managed to build a mask where I appeared to be un-affected by words, on the inside the smallest comment could easily chip away at my self-esteem. I just didn't want to talk or even see Percy again if he was going to make more horrible comments.

I picked at the food on my plate as these many thoughts ran through my head. I had eventually decided to give him the benefit of the doubt but if he made on single comment I would go straight to McGonigall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the next day and my first class was about to begin. Aria and I where running through the corridors to Transfiguration, stumbling on some of the rocks on the pathways accasionally before continuing on.

We where extremely late.

I stood by the door of our Transfiguration classroom to quickly catch my breath before apologizing profusely to Professor McGonigall. She had only just let us off both without a detention. I think it might have been because we where the ones who managed to convince Fred and George to stop pulling so many pranks on McGonigall.

There weren't any two seats next to each other that Aria and I could sit in so Aria had to sit next to a Hufflepuff girl at the front, leaving me to look for a seat to sit in alone.

Thankfully, that wasn't the case. I spotted Callum waving me over to a spare seat next to him in the middle row. I smiled and sat down, pulling out my supplies from my desk and placing them on my side of the desk.

"Hey, it's good to see you again." I spoke.

"It's good to see you again too. I'm glad we at least have one class together." He grinned and we faced back to the front of the class when Professor McGonigall started the class.

During the middle of this however, I felt a pair of eyes burning into the back of my head. I tried to shake it off and I continued working, but that was soon cut short when Callum tapped me on the shoulder.

"Hey, just thought you should know, there is some random boy glaring at you from behind us." He subtly pointed behind me.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and turned back to see Percy quickly averting his gaze and turning to his paper as if nothing had happened.

"Do you know what his problem is? Are you guys some kind of rivals?" Callum questioned.

"I guess you could say that. I'm really close with his family especially with his younger twin brothers Fred and George and I guess he hates me for it or something. He's always kinda had it out for me, I wouldn't worry about it." I shrugged.

He nodded, understanding, and we turned back to our work. But, I still couldn't get it out of my head. He normally just either ignored me or only talked to me when he was insulting me so why was he glaring at me all of a sudden?

How weird.

Word count: 816