Chapter Twenty Eight : In-between The Lines

A/n: This chapter will be completely focused on Aria and the trauma her petrification causes to her friends and/or family so if you'd rather skip, then feel free.

Plus, I kinda realised Lee hasn't had much of a part in this story so I wanted to give him a bigger role in this chapter if that makes sense.

#leejordanappreciation

Anyways, I hope you enjoy! 🥰

Y/n's POV:

On the day we where supposed to leave school for the Christmas Holidays: Lee, George, Fred and I had planned on saying goodbye to Aria (who was still being kept in the hospital wing) first.

Madame Pomfrey often let us visit and was always very kind to us when we did. She would fill us in on Aria's state (which was always pretty normal) and give us some of her special calming tea. And even though I hadn't developed much of a liking towards it, I still drank some out of respect.

And this time wasn't any different. Madame Pomfrey already had the water boiling in the kettle as we arrived, and kindly asked us how we preferred the tea. Knowing I wasn't going to have much, I just asked for a simple bit of sugar to sweeten the drink. Lee asked for some milk with his and George asked for both milk and sugar whereas Fred liked to keep his plain and without any.

Walking over to Aria's bed at the far end of the Wing, I noticed Ron and Harry out of the corner of my eye. They both sat on opposites sides of Hermione's Hospital bed, talking to her in conversation as if she where awake and listening to the pair.

I smiled faintly at the sight.

The two boys, chatting excitedly and filling her in on what was going on, sipping away at their own tea's while also leaving and extra one at the bedside table just for Hermione. And the way she liked it too. Three sugars, a half cup of milk and evenly stirred.

I too had learned about Hermione's petrification and visited as often as I could. I had wished to be able to visit more often, but many things kept getting in the way... School work for example. Then there was the Winter Ball, Christmas and so on, so forth. But I was happy to see Ron and Harry there for her too. It was nice to know she had friends from Hogwarts there for her now.

And before all this, when I had heard from Dean and Seamus that Ron and Harry where actually the two boys who had made fun of her on Halloween night, I hadn't hesitated to pull them out of class (using my Prefect's excuse of course) and telling them exactly how I'd felt. It was good to know they had learned their lesson after all.

I trailed my eyes away from the two boys and back to Aria. I had learned that as a pathetic attempt to stop the school from possibly getting shut down, Dumbledoor hadn't told Aria's family and/or friends about her petrification.

He had also stated two days before the kids where supposed to leave for the Christmas Holidays, that she'd be staying at Hogwarts as a last minute decision. They same could only be assumed for Hermione and the other prettified children.

I smiled slightly as Madame Pomfrey kindly handed me my cup of tea. I took a small sip and internally grimaced at the bitter taste. I slowly nodded and fake smiled at Madame Pomfrey, as if to re assure her that it tasted good, before she scurried away happily.

I then quickly handed my cup to George. He immediately finished it for me without a single word.

"I can never understand why you don't like the tea." Fred added.

I shrugged. "I am just more of a hot chocolate person I guess."

I turned my eyes away from the twins, as the sudden movement of Lee startled me. He quietly walked over to Aria, placing down his mug on the bed side table and pulling over a chair to sit next to her. His tired eyes trailed over her face, and noticing a small strand hanging infront of her face, he pulled it back and behind her ear. But she only continued to lay there silently.

I sighed deeply, seeing the un- familiar sad look on his face and the silent pain ridden behind his eyes and decided to sit down next to him. He always knew Aria might not return his feelings of affection and he eventually grew to accept that, but still continued to love her as a friend, even if he wished for more.

I gently placed my hand on his shoulder, silently reassuring him that everything would be alright but it was clear from his expression that he didn't think the same. He was forcing himself to hold back tears.

"You know you don't have to pretend to be alright Lee, especially around me. It's ok to not be ok." I said soothingly.

His eyes visibly softened at the little words of affirmation, but his face still remained evoid of all emotion. "I know but-" he spoke suddenly, letting out a sigh, "I need to remain strong...for her."

"You know you don't have to, It's ok to show emotion and its completely normal to too. I do it all the time, and so do Fred and George. You shouldn't feel pressured to hide behind a mask. After all, I made the same mistake." I reassured him.

He smiled faintly, this time letting a single tear fall. "Ok." He spoke simply. Letting another fall down his cheek, he leaned on my shoulder for support, which I let happen. "Ok." He said again, this time sadder.

"Ok." I said back, softly running my fingers through his hair knowing it calmed him, "Ok."

A/n: I got a new phone for my birthday so writing this was kinda weird but I managed it!

I hope you loved reading it just as much as I did writing it ♥️