Chapter Eleven : The Positive Side Of Things

Y/n's POV:

I was sitting in the Library, quietly studying and humming to myself while skimming through a book about the Troll Wars. History of Magic definitely wasn't my best subject but I'm glad it wasn't my worst. That was DADA.

Aria had offered to come and study with me but she still hadn't shown up and I was slowly growing more and more inpatient as the time ticked by. She was almost Twenty minutes late and there was still no sign of her. Nothing.

I sighed heavily and shut my book, leaning back in my chair and eyeing the grandfather clock in the corner.

"What are you doing here?" A voice I swore I recognised interuppted my thoughts. I turned around to see Percy leaning on a shelf behind me, pile of books in hand, and eyeing me curiously.

"If you're here to make a snide comment don't bother. I've been really stressed out with our practice exams lately and Aria was supposed to come and help me with the Troll Wars for History of Magic but she still hasn't shown up." I said.

"Well those are easy, " he shrugged, "I can help you with those." I stared at him a little stunned.

He must have thought by my shocked expression that he had said something wrong because he started to stutter, horrified. "Wait no I mean it like- no I... I mean yes but only if you want to?"

I let out a little snort and it had only caused me to laugh a little harder. This made him crack a smile and soon we where both laughing uncontrollably.

When we both had finally managed to calm down at little, I said, "It's ok, you didn't say anything wrong or offensive I was just shocked you'd offered to help that's all. Sit. I could use your help." I patted the seat next to me and he sat down in it.

I pulled out my pile of books and opened one page. After a while, he was able to explain it in a way that I would understand and I was finally able to catch on. We managed to breeze through the other books while I took notes and we had finished an hour later.

"Wow thanks! I've really got it now. You know, you're not so bad at teaching." I smiled and so did he. I turned to the clock and realised it was almost Dinner time. "Gosh it's almost time for Dinner! We should go." I said as I started to pack my thing away.

"Right uhm... I'll see you later then." He said and walked away with his bag slung over his shoulder.

"Yeah see you..." I trailed off as he walked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was sitting in the Great Hall next to Lee (while he blabbed on about Quidditch as per usual) waiting for the Twins and Aria to arrive. I had already asked Lee where Aria was and if he had seen her at all today but he only shook his head. Where the hell was she then? I pondered.

Suddenly, our conversation was cut short as George and Fred ran into the Great Hall heading straight towards us and having to catch their breath for a second. After a bit, Fred managed to blurt out "Aria - can't - move - is - paralyzed - in - Hospital - Wing."

I didn't take another second to hear what they had to say and imidiently jumped out of my seat. I hurrily slung my bag over my shoulder and sped to the Hospital Wing. I heard the Twins and Lee call my name in the distance but I didn't stop to look back. I only continued to run.

I ran past the crowds of people, apologizing profusely everytime I accidentally bumpted into someone but not bothering to wait any longer. Only rushing past to get to Aria as soon as possible.

I burst through the double doors of the Wing and hurrily scanned the room until my eyes layed on someone laying in a bed to my left.

I stood, shell-shocked when I saw her. She lay completely still, almost lifeless, face frozen in horror. Her reflection was met in a small hand held mirror that she clutched in her left hand. Her blissful hair was falling down on her face, usual rosy cheeks ridden of all colour. Her once shiny back eyes that reminded me of the nights sky, where now glossed over and icy.

It horrified me.

I chocked back heavy sobs, my mind telling me to look away but my body didn't budge. I only moved closer. I pulled a chair next to her bed and sat down in it, not taking my eyes off of her. I brought my warm hands to her free one laying at her side. The ice-cold feeling brought shivers up my spine as I clutched it tightly.

After a while, I finally tore my eyes away from her and instead to the hand I was still holding onto. I stared at its lifeless stature and held onto it even tighter hopeing, praying, that somehow, someway, my touch could bring her back.

But it couldn't, and it wouldn't.

I finally let my tears spill, a farmilar tightness formed in my chest as my entire body shook and shivered. I placed my head down onto the hand I was still holding onto, hoping to muffle my sobs as my salty tears stained the sheets that she way laying on. My entire body aches of sadness and pain.

The only thoughts running through my head where why, why, why? Who or what did this? What happened? And why? Why her? Why couldn't it have been me? Me, me, me. Never her.

The tears that had been wellowing in my eyes had blurted my vision slightly and the felling of her cold body sent a wave of I've through my body.

Exhaustion started to consume me and soon my body followed. The knott in my chest had listed slightly for letting myself cry but the pain was still very much there. My head rested on the sheets. Sleep was starting to be the only thing on my mind and soon, my body followed too. The only thing left was to sleep.

A/n:

Word count: 1091

Please don't be a shy reader, leave a comment they always make my day better! <3

And also, thank you guys for the love this story has been getting you guys mean the world to me 💕

Hanna xx