Chapter Fourty Nine : A Force And A Fire

Y/n's POV:

It had grown colder over the course of the night, but thanks to beauty of magic, it was nothing we would have to worry about. Though Molly still insisted it was too cold for us, even after Charlie and Bill where seen fanning their faces with napkins.

As only a few of us may have assumed, the foods Molly and some of the rest of us helped prepare where an absolute hit. Arthur had been kind to invite some of his colleges to the party when all they had planned to stay late working in the office, and they where all immensely fascinated by the spread.

And it was a great help to see no fire whiskey or alcohol of any kind laying on the tables. And everybody knew that even if there was, to keep the Twins away from it. We didn't need them trying to set the bottles of liquor on fire... again.

I was by the table, guarding the last of the food with my life, letting out another short laugh at yet another ridiculous joke George made. I jokingly slapped him on the arm for it.

"Hey, hey, I was just saying what we where all thinking!" He mirrored my laughter, raising his hands in defense as if being cornered by the Police.

I shook my head, smiling as I took another last look across the Garden. These past few months had been truly incredible, and I couldn't possibly wait another second for the new year.

Everybody had already began to huddle up outside, quickly clinging to eachother for warmth as the adults set off fireworks through the ends of their wands. The beautiful shades of red, pink, blue and purple set ablaze into the sky and then the rest of the group began the countdown.

I was chanting along with them, family and friends surrounded, smiling at the sight of the tight-knit community I had built and always knew I'd always have with me.

George and Fred where found being their typical selves, attempting to create more chaos by setting off fireworks of their own, much to the displeasure of Molly. I doubted anything was ever going to change those two idiots. And I believed even less that anything, time or space, was going to separate them.

Ron and Harry where off in their own corner, sharing a plate of mini sausage rolls and joking about the previously shared year together. I was glad that even after everything those two had already gone through, they where still able to be kids. Even if just for a small moment.

Bill and Charlie shared a much simpler bro-hug, a few pat's on the back being a signifier of their friendship, though one could tell their brotherly love ran deeper.

Ginny soon interuppted them, tugging each of the suit jackets to pull them down into a hug of their own. It was crazy how despite so many years apart the two where from their younger sister, they still shared such a strong bond.

After Molly was finally finished with lecturing the Twins, Arthur pulled her away from them and into a loving kiss. It was short and sweet, but already so filled with meaning. The invisible red strings tied around their fingers connected to eachother's hearts in a moment of pure, un-concentrated love.

Callum and Oliver connected hands under the stars, doing nothing but smiling at eachother with the unspoken words of their affection connecting the two souls as one.

So as the very last of the countdown was about to begin, in a moment I felt was going to change things forever, Percy's eyes met mine from across the crowd.

And in that very moment, the moment where I saw the small smile he gave, the slight hint of a blush on his cheeks, and the world hidden behind his eyes was when I came to realisation.

I loved him.

But unlike any other time, any possible moment before, I wasn't just going to let him slip away.