Chapter Seventeen : Stargazing The Sky

The best part of this song is at 1:55 ⬆️

The anger that had fuelled me for a while was still very much there, but slowly started to simmer down as the time passed. I stood by the Astronomy Tower, leaning against the railing with my hands gripping the bar to tightly my nuckles had started to turn white.

I tried to steady my shaky breaths with inhaling through my nose and exhaling through my mouth just like my father taught me too when my anger started to get a strong hold of me. He had had the same fiery temper many years ago when my mother left, but Therapy had managed to help him alot and he was very glad he went.

Once my ragged breaths had finally settled after a while, I took a second to take in my surroundings. The night was unusually quiet, ordinarily filled with loud explosions and fits of laughter brought on by Fred and George's (sometimes even Lee's) dumb but still rather hilarious pranks.

He sky was visible, clear as the ocean, with no clouds in sight to block the moon and the shimmering stars. It was actually alot cooler than expected. The wind brought icy chills up my spine brought on by the ever-growing frost collecting on the grass as the tree's leaves brussled swiftly against the cool wind.

Sadly, the silence didn't last much longer when a hushed voice called my name from behind. I spun around quickly in surprise to be met face to face with Callum. His normally ruffled yet neat fair falling down on his face, pajamas just barely clinging onto his skin and his face and hands flushed red from the cold.

"Y/n? What are you doing here? It's the middle of the night and need I mention bloody freezing." He said.

"Did... something happen?"

"Yes. Percy was being...just horrible. He brought my father and the fact that I was poor into an argument we where having and called my dad lazy for not being able to afford enough money. (Which is pretty ironic if you ask me) I'm just so frustrated, I'm so mad I want to scream! I want to beat the absolute sh!t out of him I want to make him regret what he said about me and my family! I hate him, I hate him, I HATE HIM!" I screamed.

He brought me into a tight hug without hesitation and soothed me by running his finger through my hair as I cried into the fabric on his chest. I felt weak and vulnerable but I was so glad to be in the presence of someone I could trust to be like this with.

"Well, you could have at least brought a jacket." He chuckled and I laughed every so slightly.

"But what are you doing out? And without a jacket? Gosh I thought you where supposed to be the responsible one out of the two of us." I laughed.

He grinned. "Yeah well I don't sleep well and I ran out of my sleep medicine for the next two days so I thought I might as well get out and do something."

"Damn it, that is responsible!" I muttered angrily. He snorted with laughter and brought me to giggle.

"Oh that reminds me!" I smiled. "We're finally alone again so you can't tell me what you want to tell me last week. If you're ok with that of course."

"Ugh yeah I can't do that." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Sorry I'm just a little nervous." He laughed sheepishly.

"Hey, it's ok. You know I won't judge you or anything you could have murdered someone and I would be there to help you hide the body." I tried to joke.

He laughed a little but it seemed forced.

"Ok but before I do tell you, I just want you to know that I really hope this doesn't ruin anything between us. You're one of my closest friends and I hope to never lost that with you."

I nodded, smiling softly. "Ok but the jist of it is that...I'm Gay." He gluppted.

My one second shock imidiently turned into a wide smile as I jumped up and hugged him tightly. "Yay I'm so happy for you!" I laughed.

He smiled so brightly and picked me up again to spin me around and hug me again. "Oh my Merlin I'm so glad! I thought you would hate me forever!"

"I could never hate you. Like I said, I would hide a body for you."

He all of a sudden, he had started to cry. He clung onto me so tight it felt like he was about to suffocate me. "These are happy tears I swear!" He laughed and now I was crying.

"Stoppp now I'm crying god damn it!" I chuckled. We both pulled away to wipe away tears on our sleeves and faced eachother once again.

"Ok but if you don't mind, I have some questions." I asked.

"Of course not, shoot." He said.

"Does everyone know that you're Gay and can I talk about it freely or just in private?"

"Basically everyone already knows but you I wanted to tell you in private because you're such a close friend of mine. But try not to mention it Infront of people like Snape and Flint, I don't want them bullying me."

"Ok I'll keep that in mind. And finally, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to but...do your parents know and are the supportive?"

He took a sharp inhale.

"Wait I'm so sorry if I brought anything bad up I didn't mean to I-" I said.

"Seriously it's ok you didn't mean any harm its just that... Well my parents have been separated for a while now and my mum fully supports and everything but my Dad... doesn't."

"I'm so sorry. Is there anything I can do to help?"

"No unfortunately, but I'm just glad I have you supporting me. That's all I need from you right now." He smiled.

We embraced once again, not planning on letting go for a long time.

A/n:

Word count: 1151

I've read my fair amount of fan fiction on Wattpad and have never seen a character that isn't already in the show like Seamus and Dean and is part of the LGBTQ+ community so I wanted to add that in into my story honer of pride month!

Any negative comments will be deleted and you will be blocked. I do not want any homophobic, sexist, racist or just in general horrible comments.

Everyone is loved and accepted here and if you have a problem with that then you can kindly leave my page <3

Don't be a shy reader, leave a comment they always make my day better!

Love you lots xx