Chapter Twenty One : According To Plan

Y/n's POV:

"Ok. So do we have the decorations still in their boxes, undamaged?"

"Yes and I double checked to make sure." A Slytherin boy, named Sam, said.

"Ok, good." I scribbled out the point that said 'decor' on my list. "And the stage is set up with the instruments and such?"

"That's done too." Lynn, a Griffindoor girl, answered.

"Ok good job guys! I just need to get the others to help set up." I said and waved them off as the group went to have some fun with their other friends.

Because School was cut off for the week in time for the ball, many of the other years where bored and decided to help prepare for the Ball aswell as earn some extra credit while at it. (Btw the ball is for only years 3,4,5,6 and 7)

It was only days away and everyone was under alot of stress from having to get everything sorted in time and it most definitely didn't help that it was near impossible to find any suits and dresses at Hogsmede because everything was being sold out so quickly.

I sighed deeply and ran my hands through my hair to quickly get the notts out before the rest of the planning was getting sorted.

"You ok Y/n? You've been really stressed out lately." Percy walked over.

"I'm fine! Besides, I don't need your help. I've got everything under control." Percy and I where still very much not on good terms, and he had given up weeks ago trying to apologize to me. He knew it was pointless. And I honestly wasn't planning on forgiving him.

He had done so many horrible things to me over the years and yet didn't have a second to give me a proper apology? It was always a simple 'im sorry' and never anything more than that. So honestly, what did he expect? I wasn't a normally stubborn person, but when someone crossed me...it could take forever for me to gain their trust again. If I ever did, that is.

"Ok, sorry! Just trying to help." He said.

"Though you're not exactly doing much in that department." I muttered under my breath.

"What was that?" He asked.

"I said if you honestly think of us ever being any near the way we where before, you might want to think about giving me a better apology. A simple 'im sorry' isn't going to do much. Especially after everything you've done to me over the years."

He looked like he was about to open his mouth to say something, but was quickly interuppted by a third year boy hurrily walking over to me. "Y/n we need your help! Someone damaged some stuff while in an argument with another one of the kids."

"I don't get enough extra credit for this." I muttered and followed behind him.

"She's right you know?" Callum walked up behind Percy. "You should apologize properly."

"I don't think you have the right-"

"No actually, I do have the right. Who do you think was the one to comfort Y/n when she came crying to me about something you said? The least you owe her is a proper apology and I'm sorry if everyone else is too chicken to tell you it but I'm drawing the line. You. Messed. Up. Now fix it."

He didn't bother to wait for a response from Percy and walked off.

And behind the stage, I was currently yelling at they boys.

"Enough from the both of you!" I yelled at the two. "This is absolutely pathetic and I'm sick and tried of this! If you two don't step it up I will tell Professor McGonigall and she will hex you both. Do you have any idea about how much time and money you just cost us? And over some stupid bet! Typical."

They both hung their heads and wispered quick apologies before shuffling off leaving me to solve the problem with the broken instruments. I took another deep breath to calm myself down, and tried to work on a solution.

"Need some help?" Callum asked me while drumming his finger on the broken drum set.

I smiled. "Thank you."

"It's no problem...but, uh, Y/n... we're really worried about you. You've been working non stop trying to get everything to go perfectly but you're stressing yourself out in the process."

"No, no you're right. I need a break. I'll uh... Go to my dorm and try to catch some rest. Thank you." I held my head as I felt a bit dizzy but shrugged it off.

"I've got it from here. No go and rest you really need it and hell knows you deserve it."

I laughed. "Ok thank you. But I've got to ask someone to walk me over to my dorm, I feel kinda faint."

"Ok but be safe!" He said and I nodded slightly.

"Y/n?Are you ok?" A voice spoke and I openly groaned.

"I'm taking you to our dorm." Percy spoke. "You look faint."

"Why you may I ask? And why can't I just go with someone else?"

"Well for one, you look like you need a good rest and two, I need to get back to the dorms anyway. Everything out here is seriously stressing me out. And besides, you said you're going to go with someone to your dorm because you feel faint and I think, I think we live in the same room." He joked and I actually laughed slightly.

He smiled sheepishly. "Look, I know we're not in the best of terms right now, but you need some help."

"Fine." I shrugged.

He nodded, giving me a soft smile and linked my arm into his to gently gide me. Once we reached our shared dorm room, he let me change privately before he asked if he could come back in.

He too was changed into his pajamas, and he slumped on the bed before pulling out a book to read.

I pulled the covers over me and curled over to the opposite side of my bed in hopes of getting some sleep but that didn't last very long.

"I'm sorry." He spoke softly.

I rolled my eyes.

"And not like all the pathetic apologies I've been giving you recently, I mean it. Seriously. And its not to get you to stop hating me or even forgive me. Heck, hate me all you want because God knows I deserve it."

I laughed lightly and he smiled at it, looking at me fondly.

"I'll give you a better apology later, I just hope you know I don't dislike you in any way."

I turned over to his side of the room and faced him, muttering a soft "It's ok."

It was barely audible but he was just close enough to hear it.

"I do care about you you know."

"I know."

A/n:

Word count: 1229

I hope you guys liked it as much as I did making it!

Remember to vote, comment etc I love you guys <3