Chapter Thirty Four : The Big Question

Y/n's POV:

Sitting comfortably on the floor of the Weasley living room with George to my left and Fred to my right, they had begun excitedly explaining their newest prank ideas to me and accasionally cracking horrible jokes. I had just finished laughing to a story George was telling about him almost setting poor Ron's hair on fire as my mind began to wonder.

I turned my gaze over to Percy, who was sitting peacefully in a chair a couple feet away, reading a book he'd recently been gifted early by (yes) me. His hair was slightly tossled and messy, eyes shifting across the pages in his classic striped pijamas. He looked almost exactly the same as the day I first met him.

~~~

"Everyone, this is Y/n." George had introduced me to his family as Fred explained to them how we had met (a detention with Snape for pulling a few too many pranks). Molly was the first to welcome me, opening out her arms to pull me into a hug that I gratefully took. Ginny, who was too young to remember quite fully now, quite literally jumped on me in excitement. She'd referred to me as her 'new older sister'.

Ron had shyly waved me a hello as Charlie and Bill welcomed me greatfully. Arthur was the last and had excitedly rambled on about how much he found Muggles interesting and proceeded to bombard me with questions until Molly and her two oldest sons told him to relax. Percy however, had quickly dismissed me.

"Uhm...hello. I'm Y/n." I introduced myself, holding out my hand for him to shake. I was exited to make a possible new friend.

"Yeah, ok." He responded remorsefully.

"Percy, say hello properly." His mother lectured him sternly.

"No, I won't!" He retorted. "She's a Slytherin."

His words came out harsher than expected, and cut me deeper than I ever could have imagined. He'd said the word as if it where something discusting, something that you'd find squashed under your shoe, something... To be ashamed of.

Tears brimmed in my eyes as the words came out. I took back my still outstretched hand and faced the ground.

"Percival Weasley, we do not say things like that!" His mother had said, horrified by her son's harsh words.

"It's fine Mr's Weasley, it's time I went back to my Dad anyway." I mumbled apologetically. Her and Arthur where about to interject but I waved them off. "It's seriously ok." I had said one final time.

Walking back over to my Dad with my luggage still in hand, I dropped them to the floor as I hugged him tightly. "Can we go home now?" The words came out broken and cracked, but where thankfully muffled by my face in his jacket.

"Are you sure, mein Mädchen? Don't you want to continue talking to-"

"No." I interjected. "Can we just go home...please."

"Of course." He'd said softly, wrapping his free arm around my shoulder as he held my luggage in the other.

~~~

I internally sighed, staring back down at my hands laying in my lap as I played with one of the wrappers of the Twins prank sweets. They'd been designing patterns and logos for the joke shop they where planning to create one day. The designs where brilliant, but they needed my final word on which ones to choose. Fred's... or George's. But, naturally, I got distracted.

"Hey Y/n, are you ok?" I heard George ask me, concern threading into his voice. Percy looked up from his book.

"Yeah I'm just-" I fake yawned, "really tired. The designs are great, I'll figure out which ones I like better later, I've just got to go rest. Bye guys."

"Ok...sure?" Bye Y/n." The Twins waved me a quick goodbye as I glided up the stairs to my current room.

Laying back down on the bed, staring at the ceiling which was dotted with painted stars in the nights sky, I began to remember how just days ago- Percy was laying down right next to me on this exact bed. How close where where, how he laughed and joked around with me, how he'd sadly wished me a goodnight before leaving to go back to his room. And how my heart thumped out of my chest when I'd thought about his that night.

I shook my head. No Y/n, stop it. You cannot be thinking about him right now. You need to get him out of your head!

But right on cue, I heard a knock on my door with a voice to follow. "Hey Y/n, it's Percy. Can I come in?" I mumbled a quick yes, letting him enter before I changed my mind.

He noticed my back laying in the bed, legs dangling off the end of it and decided to join me. He layed in the exact same petition as me, but eyes on me instead of the ceiling. He must have seen it a hundred times. "You ok?" He asked.

I let out a heavy sigh. "Just... thinking."

"Would you be ok with letting me know what you're thinking about?" He asked.

I smiled. He was always so formal. "Yeah, I guess. But it's kinda about you."

I felt him shift slightly next to me. "Ok..." He responded.

I looked back at him, hoping that it would reassure him that he wasn't in any trouble. He loosened a little, so I think it must have.

"I'm just thinking... About when we met." He stiffened again, more so than before. I continued, turning back to the ceiling. "Why where you the way you where with me?" I asked. "I thought it might have something to do with the fact that I was in Slytherin but... I'm not sure."

He pinched his lips together, a look of regret on his face. "First I want to tell you that..." He inhailed, "I'm sorry. What I did was so uncalled for and I would never expect you to forgive me, ever. Hell, be angry at me for the rest of your life if you wish but- I wasn't in such a good place. I hung around with many other Gryfindor's who all believed that Slytherin's where-" he scrunched his eyes shut, "well, bad. And I believed it for the longest time, which was so fucking stupid, but I did."

He sighed. "And some part of me knew you weren't bad, but I let what they said get to my head and I... took all the anger that I had out on you. Again, totally uncalled for."

I let out a small laugh.

"But," he continued, "that's definitely changed." He looked at me again, eyes darting over my face, taking me in. "You're amazing Y/n, truly. And I seriously still don't understand how you've managed to put up with me for so long after everything I-"

I quickly shut him up, hugged him tightly by wrapping my arms around his chest and and hiding my face in his shirt. The words came out muffled. "It's ok, we're ok." I looked up at him, "seriously."

He smiled, sitting up to hug me tighter and letting the feeling of my body against his overtake him. "You're really amazing Y/n, I don't know what I did to deserve you."

I grinned. "Well, you're not completely out of the clear Mr. Weasley." I felt his heart beat faster against my chest.

He groaned. "What do I need to do? I'll do it, but I'm worried with what I've got to do. You're not going to make me pull a prank with Fred and George are you?"

I laughed again. A real, teeth showing laugh. "No. But you will have to grovel a bit."

At this, he smirked. "I can work with that."

A/n: Ayo hold up! How the hell did I get 14K on this story?? Thank you guys so much whattt-

Thank you guys so much!! I love you all and hope you have a great week/weekend <33