Chapter Twenty Three : The Ball

"Where do you guys think she'll be?" Percy asked.

Lee, George, Percy, Fred and Callum where currently walking around Hogwarts looking for Y/n. The Ball was not for another hour but they all knew that Y/n would either be late or have forgotten something, so they collectively agreed to to go and find her to get her ready in time.

And since Callum would be her date (because no-one had asked either one of them to the dance and as friends of course) she was very nervous. This was also going to be her first Wizard's Ball, since she's only ever gone to Muggle ones herself, which definitely didn't help calm her nerves.

"Let's check her room, maybe she's there looking for her outfit." Callum answered. (She can wear whatever you want, you picture her in a suit, dress or what ever you want)

"Ok let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minutes later, the group of boys where entering the doors of the dorm-room to find Y/n running around like a deer caught in headlights, seemingly looking for something.

"What are you-" Lee started to ask but was quickly interuppted by Y/n's frantic words.

"There's no time for that! I can't find my outfit anywhere and we have to leave soon! The Ball starts any minute and I can't find it bloody anywhere!" She ran around the room, hurrily ripping off the blankets and pillows onto the floor to see if it was hidden there.

"Ok one, breathe." Fred said.

"And two, we have more than enough to help you find your outfit. We came here an hour early so we help you then have enough time to get our suits on ourselves." George finished for him.

"Look don't worry, we're here to help you." Lee soothed.

She took a deep breath, just like Fred had suggested and smiled. "Ok. Thanks guys."

The boys started to go searching in different corners of the room : under the bed, behind the furniture, next to the curtains but to no avail. No-one had found her outfit.

"Are you sure you didn't just leave it in your suitcase again?" Percy asked.

Y/n's POV

"Maybe..." I said and turned to the suitcase that was currently situated under the bed. I gasped in joy when I saw it inside, still neatly kept.

"Yay! Oh you where right, I found it! Oh my Merlin you're an angel Percy Weasley!" I inductively held his face gently as I placed two small kisses on each of his cheeks.

I pulled back, surprised with my own impulsive actions, and quickly pulled my hands from his face. There was a distinct blush on his cheeks where I had kissed him and on the tips of his ears. I soon felt my own face flush red and hoped that it was somehow not noticeable.

I coughed slightly to hopefully break some of the tension. "Sorry...I don't know why I did that." I stuttered.

"Uh no...it's- it's ok." He turned an even darker shade of red and rubbed the back of his neck nervously. I struggled to remain eye contact with him.

"Ahem." Fred brought back our attention to the situation at hand. "I don't know what that was all about but I want you to go and put that bloody outfit on right now! We have to get dressed ourselves you know."

"Right! But you guys can't stay to see it on. Especially you!" I pointed to Callum.

"What why?" He acted deeply offended.

"Well for one, I want to make a dramatic entrence down the steps and when I enter, everyone imidiently turns to me and acts stunned and I can't do that when you guys already know how amazing I'm going to look. And two, isn't there a rule against my date seeing me in the outfit before the Ball?" I said.

"No, I think that's a wedding. But none the less, we'll leave you be. I'll see you outside the Great Hall!" Callum waved me off as the other boys joined him to get dressed themselves.

"Ok bye!" I exclaimed before quickly grabbing my outfit from it's suitcase and exitedly running to the bathroom to try it on.

~ At the Ball, a couple minutes later ~

Percy's POV

I was standing by the table, widely decorated with an assortment of different bite-sized foods and beverages, chatting with my roommates. Dylan and Josh had decided to go together, Ben was asked by a Ravenclaw girl who he was currently dancing with, and Tom chatting with a fellow Griffindoor who had also come to the Ball alone.

We where just talking about normal things like school, what we're planning to do over the Holidays etc etc and nothing really interesting came up.

I quickly got bored of the conversation and scanned the Hall for any sign of Y/n. I was hoping to see her dancing in the crowd of people or chatting away with some of her friends but she was nowhere to be seen.

"Who are you looking for?" Dylan asked, his arm slung around Josh's shoulder.

"Oh uh... no-one important." I stuttered.

"Oh so Y/n's suddenly not important now huh?" Josh teased.

"What no! I didn't- I wasn't looking for her." I tried to quickly dismiss their ideas, but they quickly caught on.

"Oh come on Percy, stop being so defensive. We all know the real reason you came here was to dance with Y/n. You like her." He said.

"Oh come on, you know it's not like that with Y/n. We've only just started to actually become friends. I don't like her like that." I said. Dylan rolled his eyes at my stupidity.

"Oh for Merlin's sake Percy it's so obvious! You signed up to help with decor and stuff for the Ball not to get extra credit, but to spend more time with Y/n. You earn more than enough extra credit already so why sign up? Because you like her! You let her sleep in your bed when she couldn't sleep one night, you helped her get back to your dorm room when she was feeling faint, you helped clean her sheets and gave her some chocolate when she was on her period. You like her so stop trying to deny it!" Dylan raised his voice loud enough for me to know he was angry but not too loud where anyone else could hear.

"Although I have to say most of the things he listed are just basic human decency, he's right. No-one goes to such great lengths for a girl who you aren't even close friends with unless you like her!" Josh pointed out.

I sighed deeply. "I don't have the time nor the energy for this right now. I'm going to get some fresh air."

The boys shook their heads in disappointment as I walked away.

"It's so painfully obvious, how can he not see it?" Dylan sighed.

"That's love for you I guess. It did take us a while ourselves handsome." Josh smiled.

"But I wouldn't have had it any other way." He pecked Josh on the lips and held his hand as he dragged him onto the dance floor.

Word count: 1212