Chapter Thirty Nine : Awkward

Y/n's POV:

This was just fantastic.

Another Dinner filled with even more awkward tension, dry conversations and pathetic attempts to defuse it all. Picking at the food on his plate, Callum gave another simple response to one of the questions I had asked him about his Holidays. Guess it was my fault also for asking him a simple yes or no question.

Oliver coughed, taking another sip of his water to avoid confrontation as Percy and I locked eyes from across the table. He shot me a cringed smile, directly refering to the tension between our two friends, and I shrugged it off with a nervous smile of my own.

The kids thankfully hadn't noticed what was going on and continued eating peacefully. Since Harry had arrived, Ginny had managed to ease herself into small conversions with him and even though they where usually not much more than just a few words, I was still very proud of her. Harry held the conversation going as Ron was stuffing his face with even more food, occasionally chiming in. They where probably talking about Hermione, I thought. That poor girl.

I was worried for her parents most especially, probably not knowing why they daughter had suddenly decided to stay at Hogwarts instead of visit them after 4 months of being apart. They must be heartbroken. But probably less than if they had known what was really going on.

Aria's parents had also kept in contact with me, asking me for every update on their daughter. Both her parents where Wizards that had also gone to Hogwarts themselves and where all extremely close with their daughter, so they knew instantly that something was wrong when she had sent them a supposed 'letter' explaining how she'd be staying there for Christmas that year instead.

I hadn't heard much about what they'd said to Dumbledoor after they found out, but all I knew was that they had visited him to get some sort of explanation towards the situation. Since they hadn't been allowed to visit, thanks to some stupid new policy Dumbledoor had out in place, they'd asked me to update them on her condition. I was always told the same thing. I was always told the same - stable condition, heart rate and blood pressure normal and no signs of distress. But we still needed to wait a while until she could be woken up again. Even even though her parents didn't care to show it much, I knew they where really worried about her, so I always sure to reassure them at the end of each letter.

And I had also kept the book in the top drawer of my dresser at home, neatly wrapped in its nearly un-touched gold wrapping paper. I was hoping to give it to her when she woke up.

If she woke up.

"Hey Loves, what's wrong? It's very unsually quiet." I'd heard Molly ask as she walked into the Dinning room.

I pressed my lips together, waiting for someone else to come up with a better excuse than I had, which they thankfully did. "Nothing Mrs. Weasley, just thinking about our exams for the next school year." Oliver thankfully chimed in.

"Yes. I'm still trying to find a good Potions textbook to borrow, but they're all usually pretty ruined." Percy added on.

"Then you could borrow one of Y/n's." Callum suggested. "They're so neat they look like they've just been brought."

I rolled my eyes. "Sorry if I'm not the absolute phyco you hoped I was who likes to destroy books."

Callum looked at Percy for support, who just shrugged. "She's a got a point, only an absolute phyco would willingly destroy a good book."

"Thank you!" I exclaimed. "I'm staring to think you're really the crazy one here, Callum."

"Hey! Since when?"

"Since you started saying you liked nuts in your chocolate."

"You what?!" Fred exclaimed.

"That's crazy man." George shook his head.

"Woah, woah! Since when is having nuts and fruit in your chocolate a bad thing?"

"Fruit to?! My Merlin, Callum." I shook my head. "You are a disappointment."

"Right! Like you're any better. Who the hell likes Kiwi?!"

"I do!" Oliver chimed in. "They're delicious!"

"And that's how it's done." I heard Molly mumble under her breath, walking back into the kitchen.

That woman was a damned Sorcerer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After having finally finished my book at 3 am, and crying a little after it to, I had decided to sneakily walk downstairs to grab a glass of water. I sleepily trudged down the stairs towards the kitchen, wrapped up in a small blanket that dragged along the floor behind me like a cape as I  began to adjust my eyes to the dim lights. Leaning across the bench to reach the cabinet, I grabbed a glass and filled it with water. Sighing as I took a sip, happy to be alone, my mind began to wonder.

And Percy was all that came to mind.

I loved the way he smiled at me, eyes bright with something I couldn't quite recognise, and small dimples appearing as he did. His eyes where this deep brown that reminded me of the colour of chocolate - deep and romantic that worked perfectly with his many freckles and bright red hair. I'd always thought I was more into brunettes, but I guess I was wrong. So delightfully wrong.

"Oh, hello." A sudden voice jolted me out of my thoughts. Delight fills me like sunshine as I recognised it.

Percy was sitting on the counter top, glass in hand and already looking back at me. His eyes softened and gave me such an adorning smile. Merlin, he's so cute. A rush of heat suddenly hit my cheeks, as if I'd said it out loud and he'd heard me. I looked back at him and my face only flushed redder, my smile to big to bite back.

"Couldn't sleep?" He asked, taking a sip from his glass.

"Uh yeah.." I stammered slightly. "Just couldn't. You?"

He raised an eyebrow at my suspicious tone but let it go with a simple shrug of the shoulder. "Nightmares."

"Nightmares?" I asked, careful to tread lightly around the subject.

"Yeah. Still get them sometimes." He added, taking another sip of his glass as I unconsciously continued to look at him. His gorgeous brown eyes found their way towards me, locking in with mine. I could help but dart my eyes to his lips for a second before looking back at him. And Merlin, his lips. A rosy red, soft and glistening under the wetness of his tongue.

There was a lock of red hair falling haphazardly on his forehead and almost out of instinct, I brushed it away from his face. He caught my hand gently and held it to his lips as he laid a tiny, soft kiss on the back of it. My cheeks were burning a bright red, the heat between out two bodies almost reaching its melting point. Our eyes were locked the entire time.

I pulled my hand away, as a sudden cold breeze wafted through the room. Percy fought a flash of disappointment as we moved away from each other. He stuffed his now cold hand into his pockets and I cleared my throat awkwardly.

"Uh, your hair was in your face a bit..." I said, incredibly embarrassed by my actions.

He stared at me in shock for a little longer, before looking back at the glass in his hands. "Right, uh- thank you." He blushed.

"No problem Percival." I teased, hoping to ease some of the tension between us. And thankfully, it did.

"Hey, I told you not to call me that!" He laughed. "I hate it."

"Ok then Perce, I'll see you tomorrow." I smirked, placing down my glass near the sink for me to clean tomorrow, and walked back upstairs.

He eyes trailed along as he watched me go, not being able to take them away from me. He soon realised he was staring and instantly regretted it, turning back to the glass still in his hands.

Sprits. He whispered.