Chapter Twenty Nine : A Force To Be Reckoned With

A/n: Yay! I finally managed to update. And I may or may not had to Google the spelling for 'sincerely' 😂

Hope you enjoy anyways<33

Hopping off of the carriage, I grabbed my luggage from the back of it, along with Y/o/n's cage while she say peacefully on my shoulder. I rubbed her feathers softly and giggled as she nestled her head into the crook of my neck.

"Merlin she's cute." Very gushed, stroking Y/o/n's feathers.

"I know." I chuckled as Y/o/n sat up proudly on my shoulder as she heard to words escape from Vera's lips. "And I think she knows it too." We both laughed.

"I'll see you in a couple weeks, ok?" She smiled. I nodded my head. We quickly hugged before waving eachother goodbye. I watched her walk away.

"Y/n!" Callum called my name suddenly, quickly interrupted my train of thought.

I hurily turned around in his direction. "What is it? Did you finally tell Oliver about- ya knoww..." I trailed off.

He groaned, holding his head in his hands. "Nope. I just couldn't do it." He said.

"You still haven't told him how you felt?" He shook his head. That was a no. "Callum, if you don't tell him soon he might find someone new. People don't wait around forever you know." I explained.

"Though you aught to take some of that advice yourself." He smirked at me and I rolled my eyes, irritated. "What if he says no? What if he laughs in my face, starts to make fun of me or tell the whole school that I asked him out?!" He began to spiral.

"Do you honestly believe Oliver Wood would do that to you?" I asked sincerely. He shook his head again. "Then they're really no reason to worry. The absolute worst thing he could do is say no and that hasn't stopped you before. So what's holding you back?"

"I-it was what I was just about to tell you. I think I-" He began.

"Hello fellow beautiful people!" George suddenly interrupted, running his fingers through his soft ginger hair and slinging his arm over Callum's shoulder. Callum had tried his best to hide his flustered face, but even I could tell he was blushing behind his scarf.

I raised an eyebrow and smirked, which Callum was quick to pick up on. He knew exactly what I was going to do next. "Y/n don't you dare-" He tried to warn, but I just ignored him.

"Oh Freddie! I've got something you might want to hearr!" I called out to Fred in a sing-song voice.

"Oh no you don't!" Callum yelled, trying to grab a hold of my robe to pull me back back I was just too fast.

On my way to Fred however, I accidentally bumped into a first year and Callum took this opportunity as I apologized to the poor person. He quickly put his hand over my mouth to hopefully shut me up and prevent me from just calling out to Fred but I had found another - rather discusting - way around it.

Callum quickly pulled his hand back in discust. "Eww! Did you just lick my hand?!" He cried out.

I stuck my tongue out mockingly and ran off, eventually managing to catch up to Fred.

"Ugh!" I heard Callum sigh in defeat and I chuckled.

But I wasn't planning on telling Fred who exactly Callum was second guessing about because whether he thought so or not, I wasn't going to spill the tea to it entirety. I was still going to give him some privacy. But like Fred said, 'if you're not causing the drama you might as well stir the pot a little'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back on the train, I had already said goodbye to everyone, expect Percy who I was probably going to sit next to on the train anyways, I was walking past the rows of compartments and down the corridor to the back of the train for the Prefect's compartment. That was, until I was stopped by three girls around my age.

They all wore their Slytherin robes, same as I, and each had their hair tied back in a different style. One had her brown hair pulled back into a simple messy bun, the other having her long black hair in many single stranded braids and the third, more timid looking girl, having her blonde hair in a single ponytail.

I recognised them almost immediately. They where my old dorm-mates.

I raised a single eyebrow at them and grimaced. "What do you three want?" I asked bitterly, the anger prominent in my voice. One girl winced at the tone.

"Look, we're here to apologize..." Another said. I think her name was... Aniya.

And you where right." Poppy, the girl with the brown hair, added on. "We where absolutely horrible to you and not just that but... Racist! And I hate myself more and more for it everyday."

The timid girl, Ruby, continued for her. "You don't need to forgive us, and we don't expect you to ever do so after what we've done but we just wanted you to know how sorry we really are."

"And...here." Aniya hesitated slightly before handing me something small and a silverish- green colour.

I stared down at the small metal base in my hands, noticing a snake etched in its center. It was my old Prefect Slytherin badge. Before the three girls broke it and threw it in the fire claiming 'i didn't need a badge telling me I was something I was not.' however.

"It's a replacement for the old badge we stole and destroyed. I know it's not the same but...we wanted to give you a new one to show that you are a true Slytherin...Muggle or not." She finished.

I stared at them, extremely stunned by their change in attitude. These where the girls I thought would never change, the ones who tormented me for years and always kept a distance from me. But I realised they weren't those same girls anymore.

I could tell by the simple look in their eye that they where very genuine, that this wasn't just some ruse to get me to move back in so they could continue to torment me again, nor something forced to do by one of the teachers or my friends. They where well and truly sorry.

And knowing this, brought a small smile to my face. I wasn't going to forgive them, if I ever did, but it was...nice. "Look I- I don't think I can forgive you for everything that's happened and, if I ever will, and I can't promise that we'll ever be friends but... It's a start." I smiled.

Relief and pure un-concentrated happiness struck their faces and they smiled brightly. "Thank you, and Merry Christmas." Ruby said.

"Merry Christmas." I replied, placing the new pin into my right and pocket and waving goodbye.

This wasn't what I wanted, or I thought that I needed, but it helped. It made me feel lighter, almost...free. And what a lovely feeling that was.