Chapter 67:

:T No more Eric time. . .

------------------------------------------------------------

Surprisingly enough, I actually sat through class.

Partly because Eric asked me to go to school. . .But mostly because I was waiting for a chance to ask what the hell happened to Laszlo.

Who the hell do I have to thank now?  Whoever did that. . .Clearly has a good punching arm.

Thankfully, Despite my teacher pushing for it, The two bastards didn't call me up to help demonstrate any of their 'officer things', Good thing too, I wasn't paying attention to anything they said.

Eventually though, The bell signaling lunch time rang loudly through the school, Causing us kids to practically jump from our desks.

I took my time, Getting up and packing away the books I hadn't used at all today.

Well. . .At least I was able to take a nap. . .That wouldn't have happened if I was on the street helping my gang. . .

I ignored the fact that I'm gonna have a lot of work to catch up on once I got back to my gang.

Let me live in semi bliss for a bit longer will ya reality?

The sound of a throat clearing reminded me that I wasn't living in bliss, I was in a classroom with two assholes.

''You actually came to school for once.'' Alaric muttered, Moving to lean on the desk next to mine.

Crossing my arms, I let out an un-amused huff at that.

''For all you know I've been sitting in this classroom every day for the past few days'' I snapped back, Not actually knowing the time or days I was supposed to got to school on.

Alaric arched an eyebrow before sighing.

''Yesterday was Sunday. There is no school on Sunday'' Alaric pointed out bluntly, Calling out my lie.

Shrugging, I got up from my seat.

''Welp, Worth a try'' I muttered, Heading for the door.

Passing Laszlo, I remembered exactly why I had stayed behind after the lunch bell.

''Oh, Right, Who fucked you up?'' I demanded off hand, Gesturing towards Laszlo's eye.

The two men glanced at each other before Laszlo looked down at the ground, Moving to stand at attention.

''I did.'' Alaric stated simply, Concerningly calm.

I arched my eyebrows as I looked over at the man who was currently leaning against the desk still, His arms calmly crossed.

''. . .I'm not talking about fucking him. . .I mean who punched him. . .'' I clarified, Assuming they had thought I meant something else.

I could see the slightest hint of red starting to form across Laszlo's face at that, If it was caused by rage or embarrassment I will never know.

''I know what you meant.'' Alaric stated firmly as he stood up, Making his way over to Laszlo.

The shorter man tensed up as Alaric rested his hand on his shoulder.

''Do you have a problem with that?'' Alaric asked calmly, An eyebrow arched as Laszlo remained silent next to him.

I held back a bitter laugh at that.

''I don't care, Pretty sure beating someone is against the law though'' I called back behind me as I walked out the door.

There was a moment of peaceful silence before Alaric and Laszlo followed me.

''I didn't beat him. Right Laszlo?'' Alaric asked, Making me hold back a snicker.

Ah yes, Ask the person you beat if you beat them right in front of you, They totally will tell the truth, They defiantly won't lie to make sure they won't get hurt again. . .

Deciding that I had been here long enough to appease Eric hopefully, I headed for the exit.

''Where are you going Daire.'' Alaric asked curtly, Following behind me as I made a bee line for the exit.

''Don't see how that's any of your damn business'' I snapped back as I calmly pushed the door open.

 ''You better not be planning on playing hooky'' Alaric informed me calmly as he followed close behind me.

''And if I am?'' I taunted, Turning around and walking backwards as I spoke.

I could see a small smirk form on Alaric's face at that.

''Well, You'd be truant then, I'd have ample reason to arrest you and take you down to the station until your parents could come and pick you up'' Alaric stated simply, Moving forwards to reach for my arm as I neared the street.

I took a quick step back, Dodging his grab before spinning around and running.

I could hear the two men in close pursuit.

Running down and alleyway, I felt a small bitter laugh escape me.

It's been a while since I've had to evade the police.

Taking a sharp turn down another alleyway, I was faced with one of the worst out comes I could be faced with.

A dead end.

Looking around, My eyes lit up as I spotted a fire escape.

Jumping up, I grabbed onto the thankfully lowered rung of the ladder before climbing up to the metal platform the ladder connected to.

It was when I reached the platform that I realized. . .There was no where to go from here. . .

Sighing, I reached down and pulled up the ladder until it locked in place too far off the ground to be reached without a ladder or something.

Sitting back, I watched as Alaric and Laszlo arrived in the little alleyway I had ran into. 

Damn I pulled that ladder up just in time. . .

I listened in as Alaric let out an exasperated sigh before turning to Laszlo.

''Go and check that other alleyway.'' Alaric ordered, Not even turning to look at the man behind him.

Oddly enough, Laszlo didn't protest, Instead, He just nodded meekly and headed off to do what Alaric ordered him to do.

Was hitting him really the answer to make him behave? Is beating people the answer??

I made a mental note that beating up Laszlo seems to calm him before Alaric unfortunately looked up.

I felt my hopes sink briefly as his eyes widened slightly before narrowing.

''So that's how you always end up getting away. . .Drop the ladder down.'' Alaric ordered, Moving to stand below me, His hands on his hips as he squinted up at me.

Hope the sun's blinding you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And. . .Thing aren't gonna go well. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen