Chapter 73:

Chapter. . .Words. . .

------------------------------------------------------------

I laid out on my parent's couch, My body sore from all the tests the doctors had run on me while I was at the hospital.

Eric patted me sympathetically on my back.

I buried my face in his legs as he gently rubbed at my back.

Being sprawled out partly over his legs was pretty comfortable all things considered.

The good news, I didn't have any types of STDs or anything like that from the needles, The bad news though was that I might have a minor blood infection. 

I was thankfully allowed to go home while they ran some more tests on the blood samples they took, However, I was supposed to be supervised by an adult the whole time I was home, Said adult with orders to bring me back to the hospital if any of the many symptoms they listened started to occur.

Other than being sore and very tired, I was feeling a bit better.

Despite that, Eric had refused to leave my side, Constantly fussing over me as if I'd randomly just keel over and die if he looked away.

It took a while, But eventually I convinced him to sit down under the condition that I'd lay down as well.

I was in a bit of a bad mood despite the impressively good luck I'd had so far today considering the fact I didn't die jumping from that fire escape and I didn't get an STD from the needles.

The reason I was in a bad mood was because of my parents.

When we were waiting at the hospital for one of the doctors to come back with some of the test results I had called both my mom and my dad.

Neither of them picked up nor did they call me back when I left them a voice mail about where I was and what had happened.

Groaning quietly, I rolled back over, Staring up at Eric as I laid in his lap still.

He stared back at me, Confusion briefly flashing in his eyes as I reached up towards him.

I grinned slightly when he leaned closer only for me to grab him and tug us both off of the couch.

''Aye, Tha hell was that for?'' Eric questioned as we both untangled ourselves from each other.

I shrugged, Wincing slightly as my sore and bruised body protested to said movement.

''I was, Bored'' I answered, Groaning slightly as my back let out a sharp sting as I moved.

 I could see Eric shaking his head out of the corner of my eye as I spoke.

Before he could say anything though, There was the sound of rapid knocking on the front door and doorbell ringing loudly broke the silence.

Eric and I exchanged a look before I got up, Heading for the front door, Eric close at my heels.

It was cute how he tries to follow me around a lot of the time, Reminded me of baby ducklings following their mom.

Opening the door, I didn't know what I really expected.

 A concerned Andy and Erin was decidedly not what I was expecting though.

''Daire! What the hell! You had us worried sick!'' Erin snapped as they wrapped their arms around me in a painfully tight hug.

My whole body stung in protest to that action.

''Erin! Erin you're killing me'' I hissed out, Being a bit dramatic.

I was very sore thanks to the needles and glass shards that the doctors removed.

''Good! It's what you deserve for making us worried'' They said, Thankfully letting me go despite their words.

''It's 'Aight Erin, He was in my care when he called ya, I ain't about to let 'em die'' Eric assured them, Moving out from behind me and into both of their lines of sight.

''Oh. He's here.'' Andy bit out as Erin's face lit up.

''Oh good, Maybe you can explain to me exactly what the hell happened, I know I can't trust this fucktard to tell me the whole truth'' They said happily as they walked right past me.

''Come in why don't you'' I muttered sarcastically, My words lacking any bite to them.

Erin just grinned back at me before dragging my boyfri- Eric, Away with them into another room.

Slowly, I looked back towards Andy.

''You wanna come in too?'' I asked, Holding the door open wider for him.

I watched as he frowned slightly.

''No. . .I rather not.'' He snapped out curtly before his eyes softened slightly.

''It was good seeing you again though, Shame all this happened to you'' He said gently, Taking a step closer to me as he spoke.

''Eh, What's a few more scars anyways'' I said, Shrugging off the fact that I was most likely going to have thousands of little scars added to my already impressive amount of scars.

Andy tilted his head to the side slightly, Smiling slightly down at me as he reached out for my arm.

''Can I see 'em?'' He asked, Sounding eager.

Assuming he just wanted to look at my wounds, I rolled up my sleeve, Revealing the medical bandage that covered my arm.

''Can't really see them, The doctors were pretty through about making sure all of them were disinfected and bandaged'' I informed him before instantly shutting up when he slowly dragged his fingers down the bare skin on the underside of my arm.

I tugged my arm back quickly at that, A scowl starting to form on my face.

''What the hell man?'' I demanded as he took a quick step back away from me.

'''What? I was just looking to see if they missed any shards'' He clearly lied.

I narrowed my eyes but didn't call him out on his lie.

He might just be tired. . .Yeah. . .That's why he's acting different. . .

''Hey. . .It's getting pretty dark out, I know you live a fucking long ways away and all, You could stay over just for tonight'' I offered, Not wanting to be a bad friend.

I watched as he thought about it for a moment before a dark look briefly crossed his face.

That can't be good. . .

''Sure. . .I'd love to spend some time with you'' He said before stepping inside, Slinging his arm over my shoulders.

''Haven't seen you in a while thanks to your soulmates, I was getting worried you hated us'' He said dramatically, His words briefly making my heart clench with guilt.

Bros before hoes. . .But. . .Eric isn't a hoe. . .

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mmmm things gonna go a certain way. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen