Chapter 70: Help

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sneezing, I shivered as I walked down the sidewalks, People around me sneered slightly as they walked past, Making mental assumptions about me based upon how I looked.

The longer sider of my hair was currently sticking to my skin in stiff half frozen little spikes.

I was shaking like a leaf as I wandered the streets, My mind concerningly slow all of a sudden.

Where am I again?. . .Where is home. . .

My sense of direction seemed to be all fucked.

The world around me was dimmer than it normally was, The cold fall sky that usually shone down on the city in it's own shade of depressing blue-grey seemed almost absent now.

Covering my mouth, I coughed, The ever so slight warmth from my breath made my stiff and half frozen fingers burn in pain.

I knew that wasn't a good sign, However, My sluggish brain couldn't come up with a solution for what I should do.

Based upon the dirty looks I was getting from the people inside the buildings, I wasn't going to get any help from them.

I no doubt looked like some druggie with the dull greyish thin jacket I was wearing, The small shards of glass still clinging to my skin and hair and the needles. . .Add onto that the fact I was shivering like someone who was having a bad high.

Stumbling slightly, I had to cling onto a wall to keep from face planting into the ground, My freezing cold body slow to respond.

Just when I thought this would be how I'd die, There was the sound of a car door closing before warm hands were pulling me close to an equally warm chest without regard for the glass and needles still clinging to me.

Looking up in surprise, My eyes met with the dark green eyes of a certain accented man.

Eric?

The cowboy gently tugged me towards his truck, Helping me up into the passenger side seat.

I was still shivering when he got in on his side, A frown on his face.

''Daire? Can ya hear me?'' Eric asked, One of his hands moving to gently cup my face.

His skin was warm enough to cause my skin to sting with pain as his touch started to warm me up a bit.

''Y-Yeah, I can hear y-y-you'' I muttered around my chattering teeth.

Eric stared at me for a good minuet before he turned back on his truck, Pulling out onto the road.

''What 'appened to ya?'' Eric asked, His attention mostly on the road.

''I-I got trapped out i-i-in the rain'' I hissed out, My skin starting to hurt as Eric turned up the heat in his truck.

Fucking hell. . .That's not a good sign. . .

''An'. . .Tha' needles an' glass shards?'' He asked slowly, As if he already had an idea as to why I was covered in glass and needles.

Does he seriously think I'd do drugs?

''I f-f-fell'' I hissed out, My body shaking.

I could see the doubt in his eyes as he glanced over at me, He did. He did think I'd do drugs.

In his defense. . .Saying I fell into a pile of needles and glass shards sounds exactly like a very bad lie. . .

Sighing, I started to let my eyes droop closed, The pain from my half frozen body warming up was agonizing.

Maybe sleeping will help pass the time until I no longer hurt as much. . .

Before I could even get anywhere close to sleeping, Eric shook me slightly.

''Hey now, Stay with me'' Eric murmured, Sounding concerned.

A small huffed laugh escaped me as I opened my eyes.

''I'm n-not dying or anythin'. . .'' I mumbled, My words slurring ever so slightly.

Eric frowned, His grip on the steering wheel tightening slightly.

I turned my attention to the city blurring by through the window.

''Where a-are we going?'' I asked quietly, Trying to distract myself from the sting coming from my skin.

''We're goin' to tha hospital'' Eric said simply, Glancing over at me briefly as he spoke before turning his attention back to the road.

''Why? I told you I'm n-not dying'' I said, Sitting up a bit straighter as I spoke.

''Yer clearly not doin' too good, Yer covered in needles and glass!'' Eric reasoned as he took another turn.

I opened my mouth, About to protest before I noticed the determined look on his face.

No matter what I say, He's not going to change his mind.

Sighing, I closed my eyes briefly.

''Can I at least call m-my parents first?'' I asked, My shivering starting to settle down a bit.

''Of course, Ah ain't gonna stop ya'' He muttered, Concentrating more so on the road than on me.

Nodding, I reached into my pocket, Wincing as one of the needles stabbed through the fabric ended up scarping across my hand, Leaving a wire thin cut from my knuckles to my wrist.

That's gonna be hard to explain. . .

Dialing my mom's number, I listened as it rang, Once, Twice, Three times.

Sighing, I hung up as the standard 'leave a message after the beep' came as a response.

Dialing my dad's number, I held out hope that he'd pick up.

That hope died as the same message came from his phone as well.

Giving up, I was about to put my phone back away before my phone started to ring.

Erin. . .

Picking up, I was about to ask why they were calling me when they instantly started to question me.

'''Where in the world are you? Andy said you went to school then he lost track of you''' Erin demanded, Worry in their voice as they spoke quickly.

I glanced over at Eric, He was too busy making sure we didn't get into a car crash to be listening in on our conversation.

''I'm with Eric right now'' I started to say before they interrupted me.

'''What happened?''' They demanded, Making me pause briefly.

''What makes you think something happened?'' I asked, My eyes feeling very heavy.

'''You're talking slower than you normally do. . .Did you get drunk?''' They questioned, Their observation making me pause.

Was I talking slower than normal? . . .I shouldn't be. . .Was. . .Was there still drugs in those needles?. . .

---------------------------------------------------------------

Don't worry. . .Eric's gonna get Daire help, And Erin is gonna do something too. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen