Chapter 37: Sleepover

Annnd, The continuation. . .

--------------------------------------------------------

I sat down beside Eric, Munching on the bacon and egg sandwich.

''So, Ya said ya'd tell meh why yer dad was put in the slammer?'' Eric asked after a while of peaceful silence.

I sighed, Setting down my supper as I turned my attention to the brown haired man.

Of course he couldn't just get distracted and forget. . .

''Well, What about all that would you like to know?'' I asked, Too tired to really attempt to distract him.

I went back to munching on my supper as he thought for a moment.

''Well, What did he do ta get a-rested?'' He asked, Pronouncing arrested wrong.

''Well, He killed a man'' I said simply, Calmly taking a sip of the lemonade I had found in the fridge.

I heard Eric choke on his sandwich slightly at that, ''He what?'' Eric asked, His eyes as wide as saucers.

I shrugged, Looking back to my food, ''It was deserved'' I stated simply.

''Now how tha' hell could someone do somethin' to deserve bein' killed?'' Eric asked, Sounding shocked.

''The guy was a child rapist'' I answered simply as I took another bite of my food.

I could feel Eric staring at the side of my head in shock.

Sighing I decided to start from the beginning.

''You see, My dad was- IS in a gang, Hell, He's pretty high in the ranks in this gang'' I started, Pausing briefly to glance at the clock.

It's getting pretty late. . .

I took another bite of my sandwich, Briefly enjoying the crunch of the bacon.

''Well, You see he joined the gang to protect us'' I continued.

''What do ya mean?'' Eric asked, Seemingly having forgotten his sandwich.

''Well, Around these parts, Either you're in a gang or you're paying a lot to not be attacked by a gang'' I explained.

''We didn't have a lot of money starting off so my dad joined the gang, Selling away his future to protect us'' I said, My voice quieting slightly as I spoke.

I stared down at my half eaten sandwich, Trying to find a way to condense the rather long story into a simple explanation.

''So, Why was he ah-rested than? Tha' first part sounds like somethin' somewhat good'' Eric pointed out.

A small bitter smile formed on my face, ''I'm sure it would have been considered good, If there wasn't a murderer on the loose at the time'' I sighed, Leaning my head on my propped up hand.

''Ah don't see why that would change anythin' '' He commented, Looking confused.

Sighing, I rubbed at my eyes, ''People were getting scared, So the governor was having pressure but on him and the court to find the killer. . . They couldn't do that so they did 'the next best thing' '' I grumbled.

''An' what was that?'' Eric asked, Setting down his sandwich as well.

''Well, They arrested my dad for the kills of the murderer, Not the rapist he killed but those that weren't his fault. . .'' I explained, Leaning back a bit in my chair.

''Wha' tha-, They can't do that' ''He snapped, Sitting up quickly.

I let out a bitter chuckle, ''Oh they use innocent people as scape goats all the time when they can't catch the real killers'' I explained to the innocent man.

He frowned, Shaking his head, ''How long Iz he trapped there?'' Eric asked, Leaning on the table.

Sighing, I felt my heart clench slightly in sadness, ''For his whole life'' I said sadly.

''Oh. . .''Eric whispered back, Looking down at the table.

I shook my head slightly before taking another bite of my sandwich, ''Well, On the bright side, I can get away with so much more when he's not around, Hell, He never would have even let make my own gang if he was still around'' I explained, Trying to keep myself from wallowing in my sorrow.

Real men don't cry.

''Wait yer in ah gang?'' Eric asked suddenly, Only seeming to latch onto that.

I chuckled, Actually grinning at that.

''Is that really the only thing you caught after all I just said?'' I demanded, Poking at him slightly as he grinned back with his familiar lop sided smile.

''Aye, Ah can't see ya leading a gang'' He shot back, Poking me right back.

I rolled my eyes, Faked offence in my eyes as I tried to ignore the stinging tingles racing out from the exposed skin he touched.

Hey. . . Doesn't hurt as much. . . That's. . . Concerning?

We both grinned at each other, ''Ah hate ya'' I shot back teasingly, Mimicking his accent.

He pouted, Flinging his arms around me in a hug, ''Awww, Now wha' did ah do ta deserve that?'' He asked with a overly whiny voice.

Grinning, I pushed his face away.

''Because. You are too stupidly cute.'' I reasoned, Picking up the two empty plates and carrying them to the kitchen before what I just said hit me.

. . . What the fuck. . .

I stared down at the plates as I numbly set them down in the sink.

Did I really just say that? What the fuck is wrong with me??

I shook my head slightly, My teal colored hair stinging my face a bit as some of the longer strands smacked into my face.

''Oi, Daire?'' Eric called out, Catching my attention.

I turned around, Composing myself as I faced the country boy- Man.

''Yeah? What cha want?'' I asked, Leaning back against the kitchen sink.

''It's rather late an' ah've intruded enough'' He explained, Clearly about to leave.

Glancing up at the clock, I noticed it was eleven o'clock.

''Hey, Eric? It's rather late'' I pointed out to him.

''An' that's ah problem how?'' He asked, Frowning slightly.

''Well. . . You don't have to leave, There is plenty of room in my bedroom. . . And my parents won't be home for a while'' I pointed out, Hinting that I wouldn't mind his company.

He gave me a lop sided smirk, ''Ya mean, Ya actually want meh company?'' He poked lightly, Moving to stand in front of me.

''Don't think too much about it country boy, You might burst a blood vessel'' I teased back, Already going to get a sleeping bag around.

He's just a friend. . . This is just a simple sleepover. . .

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Annnnd their sleeping under the same roof again. . . Any guesses how this is gonna go?

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen