Chapter 74:

:T

-----------------------------------------------------

Erin was snuggled in beside me, Andy sitting on my other side as we all sat on the couch, Watching old batman cartoons.

Eric was currently reluctantly sitting on the other side of Andy, Glancing over at me every now and again.

When the credits started to play at the end of yet another episode, I finally looked back over at Eric.

''You want some popcorn? I'm gonna go pop some up for everyone'' I explained as I slowly got up, I was feeling a bit better, But I was still a bit sore.

''Sure. . .Ah'll come help ya'' Eric said, Getting up quickly and moving to my side, Offering his arm for me to use to support myself.

Rolling my eyes, I relented to his help, Allowing him to guide me to the kitchen.

''You know, I don't need help with everything'' I pointed out when Eric started to gather bowls for everyone.

''Ah know, But ah don't want ya straining yerself'' He explained, Moving to place them down on the counter only to instantly have his phone ring as soon as he placed them down.

''Your dad calling you?'' I asked, My back to him as I put some popcorn bags in the microwave to pop up.

''Nah. . .It's 'aszlo'' Eric said before picking up the call.

I slowly turned around, A frown on my face.

Why's he calling. . .How's he calling? When did he even get Eric's number?

A slightly possessive feeling starting to form in my chest.

I moved closer to Eric as he listened to something Laszlo was saying.

''Nah, He's safe now. Why do ya ask?'' Eric questioned as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

I could faintly hear Laszlo's voice coming from the phone, However, He was too quiet for me to make out any of the words.

Eric gently rested his un-occupied hand on my head, His fingers slowly trailing through the blue strands of my hair.

''Uhuh. . .Mhmm. . .Alright-'' Eric said before Laszlo hung up on him, Whatever he had been asking about clearly having been answered.

''What'd that asshole want?'' I asked as Eric turned his attention to me.

''Aye, He was worried 'bout you, Wanted ta know if I knew where ya were an' if you were okay'' He explained as he wrapped his arms loosely around my shoulders.

''Why would he want to know that? He's never seemed to have cared before, Why now all of a sudden?'' I questioned, Thinking out loud for a moment.

Eric squeezed me close in a tight hug before releasing me as I let out a small squeak.

''Only way ta know fur sure is to ask him'' Eric pointed out, The sound of popping from the microwave stopping at that exact moment.

I trailed along behind Eric as he pulled the bags out for me, A frown on my face.

''It just doesn't add up though, He's always acted like a jerk, Why would he be worried about me?'' I continued to question, Refusing to let this go easily.

Eric paused, Stared at me for a moment before putting the bags down and reaching out for me.

My brain proceeded to short circuit as he pressed his lips to mine, Shutting me up.

I stared at him for a long moment when he finally pulled back, My face starting to warm.

''. . .Back to the cartoons?'' I asked quietly, Dropping the subject.

''Aye, That sounds like a good idea'' Eric said in response, Handing me two bowls of popcorn as he grabbed the other two.

We made our way back to Erin and Andy, Whatever had happened while we were gone had ended with Andy in a headlock.

''I yield! I yield!'' Andy was gasping out from his position under Erin.

''Should have thought about saying that before you lost'' Erin laughed out, A grin on their face as they loosened their hold ever so slightly.

I grinned as Eric shook his head at my friends antics.

--- Time skip ---

Erin and Andy were asleep.

For some reason, Erin was fast asleep half on the floor, Half on the couch.

How they found that comfortable I had no clue, Despite that, They were fast asleep, Quiet little sighs escaping them every now and then as they slept.

Andy had fallen asleep with his head propped up on a pillow, If he hadn't been making tiny little sounds in his sleep I would have assumed he was still awake at first glance.

Shaking my head, I smiled as the theme song for the batman cartoons played on loop as it waited for us to select another episode to watch.

Grabbing the remote carefully from Erin's grip, I proceeded to turn off the Tv before turning my attention to Eric.

He had decided to move to the floor so he could lay down.

He was currently watching me, The soft glow from the night lights scattered around the room was the only thing letting me see his face in the dark.

My parents had come home a while ago, Mom had made supper for my friends and I as dad interrogated Eric on his 'intentions with my son'.

Sliding down off of the couch, I made my way over to my blanket clad cowboy.

''Hey, Come around these parts often mr cow man?'' I teased quietly, My voice barely above a whisper.

''Mm, Sometimes, Hard ta want ta leave these parts considering what's here'' He murmured back, Lifting up his blanket so I could slide under.

He rested his hand on my hip as I snuggled in close to him, Laying on my side as I faced him.

''And what's so unique about these parts?'' I questioned, Resting my hands on his chest, I could very faintly feel his heart beating steadily beneath my fingers.

''A certain blue haired little vixen keep me comin' back'' He muttered back, Sounding tired as his fingers slowly started to rub circles into my hips.

''Mm, Good to see I'm not the only one who's ensnared'' I whispered tiredly, Wrapping my arms around him in a hug as he did the same.

''Good night meh little blue'' Eric whispered next to my ear, His voice gruff with sleep.

''Night cowboy'' I whispered back, Despite the fact that I could tell he was already asleep, His breathing deep and steady.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Late chapter. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen