Chapter 72: Together time

Something. . . Laszlo Pov. . .

-------------------------------------------------------------

I hesitated at the door of the house I shared with my boyfriend.

It was cold outside, I was cold outside.

But inside was Alaric. . .

A shiver ran down my body, The chill in the air made my teeth chatter slightly.

Still better than facing Alaric. . .

I took a step back from the door, About to go for another stroll around town when the front door opened.

I stared back at Alaric as he gave me an un-amused look.

''. . .So were you just going to stand out here in the cold all night or. . .'' Alaric questioned, His voice dangerously quiet.

I shrugged slightly, Walking past Alaric without a word.

The sound of him closing the door was the only sound in our house as I headed for the closet.

I took off my shoes as Alaric approached me from behind.

Not a word was spoken as he grabbed my hands, Pinning them above my head with one of his.

I could feel my body tensing with unease as Alaric shifted closer, His body pressed up flush with mine.

''Where were you.'' He demanded quietly, His other hand moving to rest lightly on my throat.

Gritting my teeth, I shifted my leg back slightly, Brushing against his legs.

''Nowhere.'' I answered simply, Tugging ever so slightly at my hands.

He wouldn't be happy to know I ignored his order to leave Daire in that alleyway.

Alaric was silent for a long moment before he sighed tiredly, His grip on my wrists tightening to the point of it being painful, Thankfully though, He didn't tighten his hold on my throat.

''You disobeyed me didn't you.'' He questioned, his words phrased more like a statement.

Tilting my head slightly, I managed to glare back at him over my shoulder.

''I'm not some dog. I don't have to obey every little command of yours. We're supposed to be equals after all.'' I snapped out at him.

Alaric arched an eyebrow at that before moving slightly so his knees pressed into the back of mine, Causing me to have to bend at a weird angle so I wouldn't be touching him.

''We're not equals so long as you keep acting childish.'' Alaric muttered as he released me, Taking a step back as he did so.

Moving away from the door, I glared at him, Cautiously keeping my back towards the walls.

''I'm not the one who was prepared to leave a teenager to die out in the cold just because he's an annoying punk'' I grumbled back, Flinching ever so slightly when Alaric narrowed his eyes, Taking a step closer to me.

Both of us paused at that, We stared at each other for a long moment before I gave in, Glancing away from him.

''I'm gonna go get a drink'' I muttered, Heading for the kitchen.

Thankfully, Alaric didn't follow me.

I heard the front door open before closing.

He was gone.

Reaching the fridge, I pulled out a beer, Prepared to forget everything for as long as I could stay drunk.

Before I could even take more than a sip, Alaric camp back inside.

I listened as he headed upstairs, His footsteps being the only sound in the house.

Slowly, I put the bottle I was drinking from down, Whatever he had been getting most likely from his car, Couldn't be good.

After a while of silence, I heard him come back downstairs before he entered the kitchen.

''Put a jacket on and get in the car.'' He ordered, His tone holding no room for argument.

Oh great. . .We're going somewhere. . .

Sighing, I picked up my beer and took a long sip of it.

I had a feeling I'd need to be at least a bit tipsy if I was ever going to make it through the rest of this day.

Forgoing the jacket, I headed out to Alaric's car, Taking another drink of my beer as I walked.

I could feel Alaric's disapproval as I got into the car, However, He didn't say a word.

That's never a good sign. . .He's always forcing his opinion on others. . .He should be doing the same right now. . .

--- Time skip ---

To say the car ride to the alleyway we had left Daire in was tense would be putting it lightly.

I was sure he was going to push me out of the car on the highway or something.

Stepping out of the car, I glanced around, My eyes feeling heavy.

Until we had to start dealing with Daire, I rarely drank, Now, It's becoming common place.

Rubbing at my eyes, I let out a heavy sigh as I followed behind an annoyed Alaric.

I wasn't a mean drunk per-say, I was a tired one with no filter and bad comprehension skills.

Luckily, I wasn't really drunk yet.

''Tell me Laszlo. Where exactly is this supposedly helpless dying kid?'' Alaric asked when we eventually made it to the fire escape Daire had been stuck on.

A frown formed on my face as I tiredly studied the clearly empty fire escape.

Turning my attention to the ground, I felt my chest constrict slightly in sympathy as I spotted a bare patch in the glass shards and needles that littered the floor.

Small drops of blood marked the clear area of concrete.

''. . .Looks like he's got himself fucked up'' I muttered simply, Drawing Alaric's attention to the clear patch with a small gesture.

I heard a sigh escape him before he rested his arm heavily on my shoulder.

''Well. Guess it's out of our hands now'' He muttered before starting to head towards the car.

''. . .You're not going to make sure he's okay?'' I asked, Following him as I spoke.

I wasn't sure if it was the beer or if it was just his annoyance, But when he looked back at me I could have sworn his eyes held a cold hate filled darkness.

''He's made it clear he only wants to be a thorn in our sides. He can deal with his own problems if he's just going to make problems for us.'' He stated simply before getting back into the car.

. . .Belittling him. . .Scolding him. . .Punishing him. . .Those are all one thing. . .Leaving him to possibly die out in the street. . .That was wrong. Wrong beyond belief.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Late chapter from Laszlo's Pov. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen