Chapter 45: Boiling point

So. . . Some people guessed that Daire would eventually have a breakdown due to all his repressed emotions well. . . Guess what we're doing today. . .

---------------------------------------------------------

The silence in the room would normally seem comforting, Instead it felt like the quiet before the storm now.

Filled with tension and the promise of loud noises to come.

I had wanted to get back to sleep while Alaric was out calling lord knows who.

However, With the silence and the tension all added onto the odd sense of shame I felt over what happened, Sleep was a far off dream.

Sighing, I remained laying on my side, Trying to repress the emotions that were threatening to break past the barricade I normally kept between myself and my emotions.

The feeling of shame was like a gateway, Leaving all the emotions I've repressed for a long time to press at my heart, Threatening to break free.

Holding my breath for a moment, I slowly exhaled, Trying to lock the emotions away like I always did.

Just keep them all locked away. To hell with anger. I don't wanna feel any of those fucking feelings.

After a moment of tense silence I managed to numb everything, Locking my emotions away behind a noticeably weaker barricade.

I let my tense body relax into my bed, A cold emptiness filling my chest as I laid there.

Why the hell did I think I could take them on?

Sighing, I reached a hand up to roughly run my fingers through my hair.

I winced slightly however when my fingers caught on a few of the tangles that were now stuck in my longer bits of hair.

Downside of having a hawkwing. . . You still get tangles. . .

I partly considered getting up and brushing them out before deciding against that.

My body had hurt so much before when I just moved around in bed.

Sure the pain was gone now thanks to the pills. 

But if it hurt that badly clearly I wasn't supposed to be moving yet.

Sighing, I dragged my hand down my face, Rubbing at my eyes tiredly.

Wait. . . If I've been out for a few days now. . . I must have missed so many messages from my friends. . . Maybe even Eric.

Looking over at the table next to my bed, I spotted my phone right where I normally leave it.

Grabbing it, I turned it on to see that I had one single message.

Eric.

He was the only person to call the whole time I had been out.

I felt a pang of loneliness at that little fact.

Sighing, I clicked on the message, Laying back down as my phone took a moment to load it.

'''Hey Daire! Ah know yer friends said ya weren't feeling too good''' His heavily accented and now slightly staticky voice said over the speaker of my phone.

Is he in a wind tunnel or something? There's so much static!

For a moment I could make out a voice saying- More like shouting -Something to Eric, I sadly couldn't make out the words over the sound of staticky wind however.

'''I'll be there in a second!''' Eric called out to whoever had spoken, His voice slightly muffled as he must have turned away from the phone's speaker.