Chapter 75: No other reason

:T

------------------------------------------------

Waking up in the morning was. . .Jarring, But I couldn't really complain.

I had woken up thanks to Eric carefully trying to get up without waking me, He was being careful but unfortunately for him, I was a light sleeper.

It's easy to be a light sleeper when you're constantly worried someone is going to attack you.

Both of us had headed into the kitchen after Eric calmed me down enough to remember why I was waking up on the floor in his arms.

Working together, We eventually had breakfast and coffee made.

It didn't escape my notice how domestic this all seemed, But at the moment, I was too content to really care that I was acting un-manly.

Eventually, Erin woke up too, Which of course was followed by them waking Andy up.

Based upon the thud followed by swears, They hadn't been too gentle.

''You're a fucking psychopath. I swear.'' Andy muttered to Erin as they both strolled into the kitchen.

''Awfully ballsy of you to say that considering the amount of knives in this kitchen'' I pointed out as I leaned against the counter.

Andy just tiredly flipped me off as Erin sat down.

''No words before coffee.'' They mumbled tiredly, Giving Eric a grateful smile as he handed them a cup.

''You're a god send'' They whispered, Clearly being overly dramatic.

''Ain't you ah sweet one, If only someone ah knew would say such sweet things'' Eric teased, Staring straight at me as he spoke.

Grinning, I flipped him off.

I was feeling a bit off today. . .Not a bad kind of off but off none the less.

For some reason I didn't really feel the need to be aggressive or overly prickly, All I really felt like doing was sitting down and continuing the easy playful banter that was slowly filling this morning.

''What, Would you like me to gush on and on about how pretty your eyes are or how comfortable it is to cuddle with you?'' I questioningly teased, Glancing back at him to see the surprised look on his face as I spoke.

''I don't know, That's pretty gay of you'' I continued, Grinning as he rolled his eyes.

I could hear Andy choke on the coffee he was drinking as soon as the words left my mouth.

''It took ya this long to figure out I ain't straight? You sure yer as smart as ya always claim ta be?'' Eric teased, Tilting his head to the side as he spoke.

Before I could make a retort to that, Mom entered the kitchen, Looking exhausted.

She glanced around at all of us before a small tired sympathetic smile formed on her face.

''Sweetie, If you don't get going you and your friends are going to be late for school'' She warned, Making our attention snap to the clock on the stove.

Half an hour. That's how much time we had to get down to the school.

''Ah'll drive 'em there Mrs. Burrow, Ya don't have ta worry'' Eric soothed as Erin finished drinking their coffee.

''Alright, I'm in a good mood right now so let's go before I regret it'' Erin said as they walked past Eric.

''Thanks for letting us sleep over last night Mrs. Burrow'' Erin said politely as they walked past my mom.

She smiled a tired happy smile at Erin, Lightly patting them on the head.

''Aww, Not a problem dear, You know you can come over anytime you wish'' Mom cooed, before Andy approached her, Catching her attention.

I watched on as he handed her a cup of coffee.

He gave her a cheesy salute before grabbing Erin's arm and dragging them away.

Mom was smiling fondly before turning her attention back to Eric and I, Her smile briefly falling.

''Um. . .Sweet heart, Could you please go upstairs and check on your siblings . . .Please?'' Mom asked, Gently moving me away from Eric as she spoke.

I got the strangest feeling that she really didn't trust Eric or like him that much.

She always has been a bit bristly to the people I've been in relationships with before in the past. . . Dad's so far been the only one to instantly accept new comers.

Making my way upstairs, I poked my head into the nursery.

Seeing the quads were asleep, I carefully closed the door as quietly as I could.

Taking the stairs two at a time, I hurried back into the kitchen just in time to overhear a bit of the conversation between my mom and Eric.

''Don't know what your plans with my son are. But if you hurt him like those other two did. I will castrate you with my bare hands.'' Mom growled out just as I turned the corner, Entering the kitchen again.

And like that, Her expression instantly changed.

She smiled at me, A packed lunch she had grabbed from the fridge held in her hands.

''Here you go, Now don't go trading your lunch in for one with less healthy things in it'' She said as she handed me the packed lunch.

''Mom, I'm not ten, If I want something you didn't pack for me then I'll just buy it'' I grumbled as she tucked some of my hair behind my ears.

''Mhmm, Sure, Now be good okay?'' She said, Practically pushing me out the front door as she spoke, Eric close at our heels.

It took me a second to realize why.

The last time mom had hurried so rush me out of the house was because my dads and her were going to have 'cuddles'.

Just the thought of what might be happening soon in my home made me sick feeling.

Erin and Andy were waiting out on the steps outside when Eric and I stumbled out of the house.

''So, Where we going?'' Andy asked as he laid out on one of the steps, Faintly shivering every now and then at the shockingly cold fall air.

''School, Duh ya nit witted dumbass'' Erin said back simply as they got up.

I opened my mouth, About to say otherwise when Eric placed a hand on my shoulder.

Glancing over at him, I felt the protest die on my tongue.

Fine. . .I'll humor him again. . .Just 'cause I want to. . .No other reason. . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------

'No other reason'

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen