Act 2, Chapter 2: Picture

Mmm, In enough pain to make a less than fluffy chapter >:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Eric, Laszlo and I spent a peaceful while just spending time and talking with each other as the three of us made breakfast.

It was peaceful and nice, But unfortunately, It wasn't going to last.

Soon enough, Laszlo was drawn away from the sunbeam lit kitchen by a phone call.

I had found myself starting to follow him before a warm hand landed on my shoulder, Drawing my attention back to Eric.

''Come on Grey, Let's leave 'em to his phone call while we finish making some breakfast'' He encouraged as he ushered me back to where we had been making scrambled eggs and bacon for the three of us to share.

I was worried. . .No. Annoyed, By the disturbance of the phone call. But it would be nice for Laszlo to return to a tasty breakfast with us.

A small smile returned to my face as I moved beside Eric at the stove, Buttering slices of toast and cutting up fruits into more bite sized pieces as Eric kept calmly stirring up some fluffy eggs and tending to nicely sizzling bacon.

 It was peaceful and picturesque, Brief, Chaste kisses being pressed to faces as we moved around each other in the kitchen.

Whispered words of praise and compliments being spoken in the sunlit room as the two of us gently brushed fingers over arms and hands as we worked around each other.

The two of us peacefully dished up the food, Setting the table for the three of us.

Finally, Once all of that had been done, Laszlo returned to us.

A lot more distant and silent than before.

Withdrawn. . .

Upon his reappearance, I exchanged a glance with Eric, About to start pestering the blonde when I was gently held back by the darker haired man.

I watched on as Laszlo more or less robotically sat down at at the table.

Without a word, Eric moved both his and my plate on either side of Laszlo's.

Confused but deciding to follow suite, I sat down next to the numb acting blonde, Staring at him as he slowly dished himself up some food.

''So, Grey, Ya gonna go to school today or ya hanging out with me?'' Eric asked lightly, Starting up an easy conversation topic between the two of us as Laszlo continued to stiffly eat in silence.

''I dunno, I'm sure as hell not going back to that shit hole. . .But no offense Eric, I rather not spend some time getting hay fever here either'' I mumbled out around a mouth full of eggs and bacon.

''Hey now, It's not that dusty 'ere!'' Eric protested around some toast, Drawing a grin from me.

Through this all, Laszlo kept his eyes on his plate, Not reacting to anything we were saying.

It was odd. . .He'd usually at least be listening when we'd talk.

Okay. I don't like this version of Laszlo.

''Ya know what? Why don't I just hang out with Laszlo today?'' I teased lightly, Expecting maybe some annoyance from the other man.

Instead.

Laszlo's head snapped up as soon as he heard that.

''No! You can't.'' He protested, A wild look in his eyes as he spoke.

Both Eric and I fell silent, Staring at the man and his abrupt outburst.

''And. . .Why can't I exactly?'' I questioned slowly, My eyes narrowing.

Instead of answering my question, Laszlo just shut up, Staring down at his plate again.

Well ain't that interesting. . .

''Well that answers that! I'm heading into work with you!'' I cooed out in a sing-songy voice.

Clearly grating on Laszlo's nerves if his tightening grip on his fork was anything to go by.

 ''No Daire. You can-'' He started to protest before I abruptly interrupted him.

''Right! Looks like we're hanging out together today love'' I taunted further, Putting stress on the last word to fluster the other man.

Pointedly ignoring how the pet name slid so easily off my tongue.

''Please. Daire. You can not go to work with me. Please.'' Laszlo begged quietly, His voice strained.

Oddly strained.

Both Eric and I just stared at him, Waiting for him to explain what the hell the phone call was about that made him so distraught.

Eventually, With some. . .Less than subtle prying, We managed to get him to spill what was wrong.

''That call was from Richard, Apparently Alaric showed up to work this morning with a hangover and has been steadily drinking from a flask-'' Laszlo was explaining before his phone buzzed, Interrupting him.

Which was all well and good, Because I was pretty sure that little bit of information just broke my brain.

I can not imagine this. I've got to see this with my own two eyes.

As I had that little crisis, Laszlo seemed to be spiraling as he stared at whatever had been texted to him.

''Ah damn it, I'm very sorry but I've got to get down to the station right now'' He hissed out, Sounding desperate as Eric reached over to take the blonde's phone from him.

Eric took one look at whatever was on the screen before wincing slightly.

''Oh he does not look okay'' The darker haired man murmured quietly, Partly covering his mouth with his hand as Laszlo hurried to put on his police jacket and hat.

Curiously, I leaned over to take a look at whatever it was on the phone.

Not quite prepared for what I was about to see.

A picture of Alaric inside his office, His shirt partly unbuttoned and the few buttons that were buttoned were in the wrong holes.

His hair was looking. . .Bad. Very very bad. and he was shakily holding a flask of what I was sure was some kind of booze.

He looked, Pathetic.

More so than usual.

It was sad to look at and really cemented how drastic the difference between this little oasis of peace and the outside world was.

''I wonder what's crushing his spirit'' I murmured thoughtfully as I leaned against my boyfriend, Barely noticing the faint tinge of concern in my voice as I spoke.

I didn't care about him. But I was just starting to care about Laszlo.

And so, If Alaric's drunken spiral was distressing the blonde. . .

Then it looks like I'm going down to the station.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Set up for some drama :D

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen