Chapter 82: Oh hell no

:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I was up and off the couch as soon as as the lights flickered out, The small pocket knife I had brought with me today was clutched tightly in my hand, My thumb resting on the still closed blade.

''Looks like ah racoon messed with tha power box again'' Eric said as he got up as well.

''Oh yes. Because racoons always mess with power boxes. That's the only logical reason.'' I bit out sarcastically as I moved a little closer to Eric, Laszlo standing as well.

''I have to agree with Daire. .. For once, We might want to move to a room away from the windows. . .It might be a stalker or a robber planning on breaking in'' Laszlo pointed out, Riffling around in his pockets for a moment before pulling out a taser.

''Why the fuck do you have a taser?'' I demanded quietly as Eric went over to a nearby side table, Rummaging around in it for a moment before pulling out two flashlights.

''I'd expect you to understand the need for self defense'' Laszlo said simply, Holding out his empty hand for a flashlight when Eric approached us.

Eric paused before a small smile formed on his face as he proceeded to hand the flashlight over to me.

''Hey-'' Laszlo started to say only to get cut off by Eric.

''Yer gonna need both yer hands to aim that thing'' Eric said, Gesturing to the taser when Laszlo went to protest me getting the other flashlight.

Despite the fact he was still clearly annoyed, Laszlo thankfully kept his mouth shut, Only narrowing his eyes to show his frustration. 

''I still think we shouldn't go confront the issue, We'll most likely be out numbered'' Laszlo muttered as Eric headed towards the front door.

''Ah yes, Because being out numbered is what we should be worried about, Not that what could be out there might be a ghost or a demon'' I snarked, Following behind Eric as I turned the flashlight on.

Laszlo just stared at me before huffing out a laugh.

''I can't believe you believe stuff like that. . .You're. . .How old now?'' Laszlo questioned, A small hint of concern in his voice as he spoke, The concern almost fully hidden by his amusement.

''Fuck off'' I hissed out, Moving closer to Eric as he unlocked the front door.

I felt like I was in danger, And for some odd fucking reason, My brain demanded I stick close to Eric.

Eric reached down, Ruffling my hair as we all stepped out into the very cold and dark fall night.

Even with the flashlights on, I could only see ten or so feet in front of me.

It was unnaturally quiet outside, There wasn't even the sound of wind outside.

Oh we're going to die. . .We're gonna be found mangled and hanging from the trees by our entrails.

I grimaced slightly at that oh so lovely thought, Moving even closer to Eric at that, Turning this way and that as I scanned the small area I could see with the flashlight.

Suddenly, The silence was broken by a low rumble from above.

A storm was right above us, It would most likely open up and pour any second now.

Well. . .At least our blood will be washed away after we die painfully. . .

''Tha power box is on the side of tha stable'' Eric explained to us as he started to head towards the nearby fence, Not seeming even remotely concerned about this situation.

I stumbled over my own feet as I hurried to keep up with the slightly taller man, Laszlo following right beside me.

The grass was too loud beneath our feet, Our footsteps making way too much noise for my comfort.

Something touched my shoulder.

I muffled a scream, Jumping away as I turned my flashlight to shine right into Laszlo's face.

Said man blinked in surprise before shaking his head.

''Boy you're wound up'' He muttered, Slowly lowering his hand back down to his side.

''Why the fuck would you sneak up on someone in the dark.'' I hissed out, Glaring at him for a moment before briefly noticing that Eric was a lot further ahead of us.

I flipped Laszlo off before hurrying to catch up with Eric.

That was a mistake.

Something caught onto my ankle, Making me fall face first into the cold and dry grass.

I landed with a quiet thud and a wince as hitting the ground forced the air out of my lungs.

Something sharp dug into my chest, Leaving a dull burn of pain as I sat up slowly.

Whatever had tripped me was no longer bound around my leg.

That realization made my heart stutter slightly, My blood running cold as I stumbled to my feet.

''Ya alright blue?'' Eric called out, Concern in his voice as he made his way back to Laszlo and I.

''I'm fine.'' I squeaked out, My voice shaking as something slightly warm started to trickle down my chest.

I didn't even care how un-manly I sounded, Too scared to bother acting tough.

I was scared.

A moment later, Laszlo was beside me as we all finally reached the stable.

He flicked a few switches on the power box, Before there was a quiet clicking.

I looked around, Expecting for something to explode.

Instead, The lights flicked back on inside the house, The power back on.

''See, Told ya, It was just ah tripped breaker, Nothin' to be worried 'bout'' Eric assured us, Gently herding Laszlo and I back to the house.

As we passed the area I had tripped at, I saw something jagged and beige poking out of the grass.

A bone. . .

 Before we could reach the door, There was a horse sound from the stable.

I had no idea what that sound was other than it was something a hose would make.

''Ah, Sounds like tha racoon is botherin' Snips, Ah'll be right back you two'' Eric said before he headed into the stable, Disappearing behind the sturdy wooden door.

''. . .Daire?'' Laszlo questioned, Catching my attenion.

''You do know ghosts and the like aren't real right? You've got nothing to worry abo- Wait are you bleeding?'' Laszlo started before getting derailed as he spotted my shirt.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Mmmm. . .No ghosts?

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen