Chapter 83:

--------------------------------------------------

Before I could say anything to him to answer his question, He grabbed the edge of my shirt, Tugging it up so my chest was revealed to the cold night air.

I hissed as I moved away from him, The puncture wound on my chest stung as my shirt being moved off my wound stung painfully.

When I stepped back, He stepped closer, Not letting go of my shirt as he tried looking at the wound on my chest.

Before we could go much further, I heard the stable door slam open, Making both Laszlo and I jump slightly.

Laszlo frowned as we both stared for a second at the open stable door, No one in sight.

''Eri-'' I started to say before Laszlo covered my mouth, Releasing my shirt as he brought his other hand up to his mouth, Making a 'shhh' gesture.

Narrowing my eyes, I licked at his hand making him pull back instantly.

He didn't say anything in response to that, But he did wrinkle his nose slightly, Wiping his hand on his jeans.

I dodged around him, Hurrying towards the stables, Realizing why he had wanted me to be quiet.

Making any noise would alert whatever had slammed the door open to us being here.

Not too long after I started walking, Laszlo was at my side, His taser held at the ready.

I felt kinda like a badass, Walking in with someone with a weapon in their hand.

As soon as we stepped inside, My eyes landed on Eric.

He was standing in front of Snips, Said horse was still in it's stall, But. . .The semi gentle horse was freaking the fuck out.

Eric had a lead and a bridal in his hand and was trying to calm down the black and white peppered horse.

No one else was inside the stable. . .

Laszlo relaxed slightly but I didn't.

The fuck opened the stable door then?

I felt like facepalming as Laszlo holstered his taser and approached Eric to help him.

''Easy there, Easy Snips'' Eric soothed as said horse's eyes rolled back in fear.

''Can't you tie it's head down or something so it'll stop rearing?'' Laszlo questioned as said horse nearly kicked him as it reared back.

''Aye, Ah could, But he might hurt himself in his fear if ah do'' Eric explained, Gently pushing Laszlo away from the stall door so said man wouldn't get kicked.

''Eric? Will he be fine in the stall if you don't calm him down?'' I questioned hesitantly, Approaching them, Tilting my body to the side slightly so my blood covered shirt wouldn't be easy to see.

''Nah, He'll find ah way to hurt himself no doubt'' Eric said, Slowly approaching Snips again as said horse calmed down thanks to exhaustion.

Eric managed to swiftly and quickly place the bridal over Snips head, Attaching the lead right before said horse got a second wind and started kicking and rearing again.

''A'ight, Everyone back up an' get out of tha stable'' Eric ordered as he unlatched the stall door, Holding it closed as Laszlo and I hurried back out into the night.

I still didn't feel safe, But both Laszlo and Eric no longer looked so on edge.

Eric was leading a panicking Snips outside towards the paddock as said horse reared, Kicked and lunged away from everyone, Panicked and freaking out.

As Eric struggled to set Snips out in the paddock, I could have sworn I felt something brush past my back.

I jumped to the side, Hurrying to look behind me.

Once again, Nothing was there.

''Daire?'' Laszlo called out, Grabbing onto my arm as I jolted away from him.

He held tightly onto my arm as his other hand reached up to grab onto my head, Forcing my panicked gaze to meet his calm-ish one.

Eric was still in the paddock, A lunge line now attached to Snips's bridal as he let the horse exhaust himself by running circles around and around, As far as the lunge line would let him.

''Don't. Don't touch me'' I hissed out, Moving away from him and hurrying to the paddock fence.

I felt spooked.

Snips had calmed down by now and was just slowly circling Eric.

'' 'Aight, Imma set Snips ta bed then we can all go inside'' Eric called back to us as he brought Snips towards the stables.

I sat on top of the fence as Laszlo hesitantly followed Eric inside the stable.

My nerves were screaming that I wasn't safe.

Remaining on guard, I subtly looked around.

I didn't see anything out of the usual, But the feeling persisted.

After a moment, Both Laszlo and Eric stepped out of the stables.

Eric took one look at me before frowning in concern.

''Daire? Why's yer shirt all covered in blood?'' He questioned, Resting his hands on my hips when he finally reached where I was sitting on the fence.

I shrugged slightly before answering.

''I tripped and fell on a bone in the grass'' I explained as Eric reached out, Glancing up at me to make sure it was okay before he lifted up my shirt to look at my wound.

He hissed quietly in sympathy as he eyed my wound.

''We better go get that cleaned, Where'd ya see this bone by tha way?'' Eric questioned as he held onto my hand as I jumped down from the fence.

''Why do you ask?'' I questioned as I started to lead him towards where I had 'found' the bone.

''Fer two reasons'' Eric started, Making sure Laszlo was still following us.

''Firstly, Ah wanna make sure it doesn't have rotten flesh on it that could have infected yer wound'' He started, Pausing briefly before continuing.

''Ah also intend to toss it away, Ah don't allow bones in meh yard, That can hurt people if they aren't careful'' Eric explained, Giving me a pointed look as I glanced away, A bit sheepish.

''What could have possibly cause a bone to end up in your yard?'' Laszlo questioned as we finally got to the place the bone was.

''Aye, Coyotes, Racoons, Weasels, Foxes, You name it, Lot of 'em sneak around and steal what food they can get then leave the remains of said food anywhere'' Eric explained as the tugged the bone out of the ground.

It was slightly curved and weirdly pointed.

''Looks like ah rib of ah cow'' Eric explained as he led us inside.

''How can you tell?'' I heard Laszlo ask, My attention drawn to the underbrush of the nearby woods.

And the reflective eyes staring back at us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Slightly late but. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen