Chapter 88: Issues

Ya'll know fluff doesn't last long. . .

-------------------------------------------------------------

We were all exhausted, Happily so, When we finally headed back to Eric's truck.

I was more so tired than the others for some reason, I was guessing it was because I kept waking up last night thanks to being still nervous about the story Laszlo had told me.

Laszlo and Eric sat up front as I sat in the back of the truck, Starting to drift off ever so slightly as Eric drove us down the always seemingly endless country roads.

Resting my head against the cold glass, I closed my eyes as I listened to Laszlo and Eric quietly chatter with each other, Their words barely registered to me, I recognized them but forgot what they were saying as soon as the words left their mouths.

Deciding it didn't really matter much, I drifted off completely, Listening to the quiet sound of their voices and the quiet rumble of the tires on the road below.

Eventually, I was out like a light.

---

I woke up later without memory of my dreams.

It took me a few seconds to figure out why I had woken up.

Carried. I was being carried right now as two people whispered to each other.

Forgetting for a long moment exactly who I was with, I lashed out, Striking at whoever had been carrying me.

''Fuck, Daire! Don't hit me.'' Laszlo hissed out, Almost dropping me as he tried to avoid getting hit in the face.

''Why the hell are you carrying me?'' I demanded, Trying to squirm out of his grip.

''You didn't wake up when we tried to wake you up so Eric told me to take you inside'' Laszlo explained, Scowling as he spoke.

He thankfully set me down though.

''Why in the world is your first reaction to being held to try and fight the person holding you?'' Laszlo questioned after a while of silence.

''Why wouldn't it be? What insane person would not struggle when they wake up in someone's arms when they didn't fall asleep in said arms?'' I grumbled, His words from before dawning on me.

Looking around, I didn't see Eric anywhere.

''Where the hell is the loveable idiot anyways?'' I questioned, Moving towards the side of the yard as I ignored my poor choice of words.

''No no no, Daire no! He got something in the trap, He told me to take you inside so you don't get bit by whatever it is'' Laszlo said hurriedly, Reaching out to tug me back towards the porch and away from the dark yard.

''Excuse me? I am smart enough to avoid being bitten by an animal, I'm not an idiot'' I snapped out, A little ticked off that he thought I'd just up and get bit.

''In his defense. . .When do things ever go according to plan when you're around?'' Laszlo pointed out as I reluctantly returned to his side, Not wanting to randomly run into the darkness and trip over something. . .Again.

I gave him a death glare for that comment.

Before this could go much further, Eric emerged from the side of his house with a large animal trap, A snarling little demon of a dog was trapped inside.

Eric was carefully holding the cage by the handle at the top, Keeping his body and hands as far away from it as he could.

It's eyes looked bloodshot and a yellowish red foam covered it's muzzle as I snapped and snarled at Eric.

'' 'Aszlo, Take Daire inside, This ain't gonna be pretty soon'' Eric ordered, Sounding grim as he set the cage down on top of the porch, Away from the grass and any escape routes.

I nervously backed up, My blood running cold as my heart started to race.

''What's. . .What's going to happen?'' I questioned nervously, Hoping to god above that he wasn't going to let that thing go.

''Well. . .Ah gotta call tha nearby vet and a local DNR agent. . .They'll come out here, Euthanize it and take it's head to ah diagnostic laboratory for testing'' Eric explained tiredly, Reaching a hand up towards his head to run his fingers through his hair before aborting the motion, Seemingly thinking better about bringing his hands anywhere near his face.

''Does it have to be put down? Can't it get some shots or something like people do?'' Laszlo questioned as he led me inside, Eric trailing behind us.

'' 'Fraid not, It's already showin' extreme signs of rabies, We'll leave it up to the pros though'' Eric explained, Heading over to the sink and thoroughly scrubbing every inch of his exposed skin.

I heard Laszlo let out a sad sounding little 'oh' as I moved to stand next to Eric.

''You didn't get bit did you?'' I questioned worriedly, Grabbing onto his arm and examining any exposed skin I could see.

''Aww, Ah'm pretty sure ah'm fine, Didn't feel any bites, If it makes ya feel any better, Ah'll stop by the hospital tomorrow, 'Aight?'' He offered, Giving me a smell lop sided smile as he spoke.

''Good.'' I stated firmly, Moving back as he picked up his phone.

I backed away to stand with Laszlo as Eric made two different calls.

Once that was done, He turned his attention to Laszlo and I, We had both been watching the caged dog through the window.

''Ya want a beer while we wait for them to arrive?'' Eric asked, His question clearly aimed at Laszlo.

''Yes please'' I answered instead, Moving to follow Eric as he headed towards his fridge.

''Very funny Daire, Eric, No thank you-'' Laszlo started to say before Eric very calmly handed me a beer.

''E-Eric? Eric you can't give him a beer, He's not twenty one. . .Neither are you'' Laszlo pointed out, Sounding upset by this fact.

I just smirked and opened the beer, Holding back a grimace at the very bitter and revolting taste of the drink as I took a sip.

''Ah it's fine, My Pa gave my siblings and I beer when we were young and we turned out fine'' Eric assured, Gently ushering both of us to the couch.

Ha. Count this as a win. . .

---------------------------------------------------------------

:T

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen